Finally!! Someting that MOISTURIZES my hair!

shae101s

I am so excited to announce after long dileberation and long searches in anguish, I finally found something that works for my 4a/4b hair to retain moisture.

Thing is I just started using ayurveda and it's been great, but after rinsing then doing the deep condition my hair gets dry again...Well no more. I made a spritz from: glycerin, aloe vera, castor oil and Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner and it was fabulous, then I followed that up by sealing with shea butter..Now ya'll I did this on Sunday!! Today is Thursday and my hair is still hella moisturized, but me being the scaredy cat, I still mist my hair every morning and night with the spritz and seal with a little coconut oil..But my hair is thanking me!! SO soft and so moisturized and well just in hairgasmic state!.

Lol. yay!

Wow... that's wonderful...smile... I am happy that you found a holy grail of a mixture to keep your tresses moisturized...smile again.....

YES! Now you're well on your way! I get really excited when people make up concoctions that work. Work it!

Good stuff!! See I was searching for a good leave-in and fed up of buying products and will not buy any in the future im trying to use all the products that I have and get rid of them a.s.a.p.

Briefly, I hated HE HH as a conditioner and left it on my shelf for quite a while...and decided to use it as a leave-in..It left my hair really soft and smooth im quite impressed.

Sometimes you really don't need to buy new products you may revisit a product and use it in a different way and VOILA , you found what you needed. :)

Good stuff!! See I was searching for a good leave-in and fed up of buying products and will not buy any in the future im trying to use all the products that I have and get rid of them a.s.a.p.

Briefly, I hated HE HH as a conditioner and left it on my shelf for quite a while...and decided to use it as a leave-in..It left my hair really soft and smooth im quite impressed.

Sometimes you really don't need to buy new products you may revisit a product and use it in a different way and VOILA , you found what you needed. :)

...Very good point. I have been working on trying to think of other ways that I can use products before trashing them. I want to be creative and see what I can add to the tons of products that I already own.

I am so excited to announce after long dileberation and long searches in anguish, I finally found something that works for my 4a/4b hair to retain moisture.

Thing is I just started using ayurveda and it's been great, but after rinsing then doing the deep condition my hair gets dry again...Well no more. I made a spritz from: glycerin, aloe vera, castor oil and Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner and it was fabulous, then I followed that up by sealing with shea butter..Now ya'll I did this on Sunday!! Today is Thursday and my hair is still hella moisturized, but me being the scaredy cat, I still mist my hair every morning and night with the spritz and seal with a little coconut oil..But my hair is thanking me!! SO soft and so moisturized and well just in hairgasmic state!.

Lol. yay!

Woohoo, I'm celebrating with you :drunk:. My hair is also extremely dry so I plan to try your mixture when I get all of the ingredients.

Hey, when I saw this, it gave me the idea to mix some castor oil in with the Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol, and wow... the castor oil mixed in rather nicely. I applied it to my twists tonight and the moisture was out of this world. Before this, I was applying the Lustrasilk and then sealing with coconut oil with very nice results. But after applying this mixture, well my hair was all elongated and stretched out whereas before it would just shrink up even with all of that Lustrasilk and coconut oil in it, This is GOOD, This is NICE! I can't wait to see what my hair has in store for me tomorrow....:grin:. Thank you for sharing this!

SherryLove...what can I say...your hair is freakin' beautiful...you GROW girl..:lick:.

Last edited:
sounds great shae. I was thnking of trying castor oil, glycerin and aloe w/ water. Gonna find the combo that my hair loves. Thanks for the info ;) Anna

I agree and it's a rather great thing when you realize it's all been sitting there just waiting for you to come use it!! :)

Woohoo, I'm celebrating with you :drunk:. My hair is also extremely dry so I plan to try your mixture when I get all of the ingredients.

Hey, when I saw this, it gave me the idea to mix some castor oil in with the Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol, and wow... the castor oil mixed in rather nicely. I applied it to my twists tonight and the moisture was out of this world. Before this, I was applying the Lustrasilk and then sealing with coconut oil with very nice results. But after applying this mixture, well my hair was all elongated and stretched out whereas before it would just shrink up even with all of that Lustrasilk and coconut oil in it, This is GOOD, This is NICE! I can't wait to see what my hair has in store for me tomorrow....:grin:. Thank you for sharing this!

SherryLove...what can I say...your hair is freakin' beautiful...you GROW girl..:lick:.

Ooolala, yay I am happy you found something too, sound great!!

I'mma try that and see if it works for me...

Thanks so much!!!! And congratulations! :blowkiss:

Thanks chica :)

And Anna thanks girl...try the combo and let us know how you liked it!!

thanks much for the compliment, Ladies (tigerlily and anna)....smile.....

Congratulations on finding the "Holy Grail" mixture for your hair. I understand how frustrating it can be to get the right balance. I'm going to try it this weekend. Do you remember how much you used of each ingredient to make your mixture?

Congratulations on finding the "Holy Grail" mixture for your hair. I understand how frustrating it can be to get the right balance. I'm going to try it this weekend. Do you remember how much you used of each ingredient to make your mixture?

To be honest nothing was measured..but I can tell you what i did:

I put mostly glycerin and castor oil, then about 2tsp of the aloe vera gel and just a squeeze or two of the Elucence...So I guess as long as you have more glycerin than conditioner...The first day I mixed it, I didn't like it too much, but I added more glycerin and tad more oil and then it got better. So the key seems to be the glycerin, but i know some ladies say glycerin makes their hair sticky, it doesn't to mine, so try it out first in smaller portions then go for it. :)

I put mostly glycerin and castor oil, then about 2tsp of the aloe vera gel and just a squeeze or two of the Elucence...So I guess as long as you have more glycerin than conditioner...The first day I mixed it, I didn't like it too much, but I added more glycerin and tad more oil and then it got better. So the key seems to be the glycerin, but i know some ladies say glycerin makes their hair sticky, it doesn't to mine, so try it out first in smaller portions then go for it. :)

Thanks Shae. Today I'm going to do an A-vedic co-wash. So I'll try it after that.

Forgive this one but please, what is Elucence??? Is it a DC, Leave-in, or something else :blush:. PJ talking here and I'm on a spending hiatus for the next three months (for real this time, ya'll). I went crazy on the last shopping spree, and I just can't and don't want to do it again for a while.

I bought:
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesteral
Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizer
Nutress Hair Protein Pack
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
Rosemary Oil
Pantene Anti-Breakage Mask
Pantene Anti-Breakage Cond
MegaTek (ordered online)
And a new silk scarf...all in one sweep...:spinning:!

So, please tell me that something on my list can replace this Elucence! Something, please.....:wallbash:.

Forgive this one but please, what is Elucence??? Is it a DC, Leave-in, or something else :blush:. PJ talking here and I'm on a spending hiatus for the next three months (for real this time, ya'll). I went crazy on the last shopping spree, and I just can't and don't want to do it again for a while.

I bought:
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesteral
Cantu Shea Butter Moisturizer
Nutress Hair Protein Pack
Castor Oil
Coconut Oil
Rosemary Oil
Pantene Anti-Breakage Mask
Pantene Anti-Breakage Cond
MegaTek (ordered online)
And a new silk scarf...all in one sweep...:spinning:!

So, please tell me that something on my list can replace this Elucence! Something, please.....:wallbash:.

Oh the Elucence can be used as a DC, a leave in and also a regular conditioner..On the list you use the cantu, or my best bet is to pick up Suave Coconut conditioner as a substitue for the conditioner part...most of the mix is really the glycerin and oil and aloe...

Tell me how it goes...:)

Nope, not good for me...:nono:.

I mixed:
Glycerin
Aloe Vera
Castor Oil
Cantu Leave-in (sub for Elucence)
Jojoba Oil

Sorry for the bad report but it was just too much for my fine-thin-hair, which came out lifeless and limpy, dang. I washed and went back to what worked before...Cantu and seal with coconut oil. I do large twists, and roll up into bantu knots, sleep with a satin scarf, and do a twist out the following morning. This has quickly become my signature style as I am getting lots of compliments at work...:grin:. Co-workers (yes even the mean-ies) making comments about my "nice hair" or "pretty curly hair" ...wow.

Again, sorry the mix didn't work out for me but I am glad it works so well for you... congrats on finding your monster moisturizer...:yep:.

I will do a video soon, or at least update my albums soon...work and school kickin' my booty right now...:lachen:.

Nope, not good for me...:nono:.

I mixed:
Glycerin
Aloe Vera
Castor Oil
Cantu Leave-in (sub for Elucence)
Jojoba Oil

Sorry for the bad report but it was just too much for my fine-thin-hair, which came out lifeless and limpy, dang. I washed and went back to what worked before...Cantu and seal with coconut oil. I do large twists, and roll up into bantu knots, sleep with a satin scarf, and do a twist out the following morning. This has quickly become my signature style as I am getting lots of compliments at work...:grin:. Co-workers (yes even the mean-ies) making comments about my "nice hair" or "pretty curly hair" ...wow.

Again, sorry the mix didn't work out for me but I am glad it works so well for you... congrats on finding your monster moisturizer...:yep:.

I will do a video soon, or at least update my albums soon...work and school kickin' my booty right now...:lachen:.

Awwh...sorry it didn't work for ya...I know some people who have said using a lot of glycerin in their hair leaves it limp/lifeless, so for me I tweak to what my hair likes. But as long as you use what you know your hair likes then we are all happy..And school is kicking my rear too..ugh..

Awwh...sorry it didn't work for ya...I know some people who have said using a lot of glycerin in their hair leaves it limp/lifeless, so for me I tweak to what my hair likes. But as long as you use what you know your hair likes then we are all happy..And school is kicking my rear too..ugh..

Thanks, Shae... for now I'm sticking to the store-bought, ready-made hair care products....cause this mixing recipe is not for me...and I shoulda known but I just wanted to try....:lachen::lachen::lachen:. You Grow, Girl, keep up the good work on your hair, and keep sharing :grin:!

Back