Finally...My Hair has discovered itself.....

auntybe

For the last 5 years I have searched to find my Hair's true identity. I relaxed, wore braids, wore weaves, been natura, press-n- curled...relaxed again and now I wear an instant weave.

But now there's one thing I know. My hair is healthy and I have finally found what works for me. I decided to share somethings that might help you to.

I KEPT A HAIR JOURNAL MOST OF THIS TIME TO CHART MY PROGRESS.

I learned to take care of my body and it helps my hair:

I do a liver cleanse twice yearly eating salads designed for my body's temperment and Master Cleanse periodically.
I drink more water than I did before my goal is 2 gallons a day (I take lots of meds.)
I take a liquid Vitamin Vi-Daylin) everyday...it helped my hair grow when I was younger and it is helping it grow now.

I learned how to protect my ends:

Vaseline in the ends of my buns (w/o the baggie.)
Wrap or plait my hair at night.
wear silk scarves under winter hats.

I get a trim or get the ends dusted only when necessary.

I can self-relax with great results:

I found a relaxer that works for me: Elucence Gentile (texturizing) or Normal (straight). I texturized for about 3-4 months and then decided to go completely straight.

The best part is after watching my hair's recation to certain things...I know have a list of products that work-It's long....I'm continuing my Twelve Step PJ Recovery Program but, it works:

Elucence (whole line)- the 'poos and cons are the bomb.

Nexxus Humectress has turned out to be my all purpose conditioner. It 's good leave-in, a regular conditioner and a great deep conditioner. My hair is much softer now.

Surge has and it keeping my hair soft.

Dudley's Hair Rebuilder is fab and so is the Creme Press(works on scalp too!)

Dominican Products are sent from God. I love:
Noruel Wheat Germ
Apretador
Miss Key 10 and 1
Salerm

Garnier Fructis has some great products for our hair:

The smoothing milk helps my hair blend with my instant weave.
The fiber gun putty slicks hair back nice for buns.
The curl mousse is great for holding curls.
The sleek and smooth line is great.

When I was natural. (I loved my big 'fro and I still have a ton of headbands and scarves.) I found a lot of staples that are wonderful

For wash n go:

Quidad is by far the best. It's also go for new growth when stretching a relaxer past 12 weeks.

Lustra Silk Straight Effects was great for Pressing - I sweat alot so pressing did last long.
Black -n- Sassy Carribean Cream is a great leave in

Carol's Daughter Khoret Amen Oil help my scalp as did Sulfur 8.

Island Naturals 'poo & con kept my hair really soft.

I am currently going through my Beauty Supply Closet and removing anything that didn't or doesn't currently work.

Finally figured out that I don't need to try everything but I give my hair what agrees with it and it seems to work

There's not much left for me to try. This is only half of the list. (stay tuned for an update)

Okay, I've raved enough....I just had to tell somebody.

Auntybe

Congrats Auntybe! I'm glad you found the things that work, I think that's the hardest step. Thanks for sharing your product list! :)

Wow how to you get the Elucence relaxer without having a license. So many of us have been trying get this relaxer.

I got a QUESTION! How do you do your liver cleanse?

It's great you've found what works for you, I'm almost to that point....I've stopped with the PJism though so that's half the battle...lol. :)

Elucence (whole line)- the 'poos and cons are the bomb.

Nexxus Humectress has turned out to be my all purpose conditioner. It 's good leave-in, a regular conditioner and a great deep conditioner. My hair is much softer now.

auntyb,

Which do you prefer? The Humectress or Elucence? I am in need of a very good moisturizing conditioner? Would you liken the Elucence to Keracare? If you HAD to chose on, would it be Humectress or Elucence for moisture retention?

TIA.

Loved your tips...

jamin:

I called Pleasnt Images before I ordered and asked if I could get it.

Nurse:

I'll pm you later tonight with the name of the things you use.

Aileen:

I prefer Elucence. I have used Keracare neither my hair or purse liked it much.

auntybe said:
jamin:

I called Pleasnt Images before I ordered and asked if I could get it.

Nurse:

I'll pm you later tonight with the name of the things you use.

Aileen:

I prefer Elucence. I have used Keracare neither my hair or purse liked it
much.

Congrats!

Your hair seems to like many of the same products that my hair does!

Yes, It is wonderful. I can't wait too how my hair turns out. I have put my self on a personal challenge not to buy anything but relaxer and neutrilzer untill I run out of everything.

Back