Finally! I Hit The Sweet Spot.

Shavonn

I have struggled since going natural again to manage my hair and now I see that when I've done it in the past, I simply did not give it enough time to get used to it and figure it all out.

So, this is basically where I started a year ago... Lots of heat damage and generally no clue of how to take care of my natural hair properly. It was dry, stiff the next day every time I washed it.

View media item 129877
View media item 129883
I got soooo tired of having to basically wash every day and it was just getting dryer. I have purchased what I feel like was every damn product under the sun that I saw on here or in a YouTube video. I couldn't figure out my hair type because of all the heat damage and I couldn't tell what was working for my hair.

This is the best of that period:
View media item 129879
Right after this, I got a DevaCut which helped a lot (Spring Factor in Alpharetta, GA)

These days, my cart of products in my bathroom has finally stopped growing. I do need to figure out what I want to do with the ones I'm not using but all of the conditioners are good for mixing with favs.

I have been able to go a whole week without washing. YES!

View media item 129881
So far, it's looking 4a/3c.

Here's what I'm currently using:
  • Vida Hair Growth shampoo (for clarifying once a month)
  • DevaCurl No-poo
  • Shea Moisture Low Porosity conditioner
  • Mixed Chicks deep conditioner or DevaCurl Heaven in Hair
  • Mane'n Tail Detangler
  • Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner
  • Cantu curl activating moisturizer
  • CurlMix Flaxseed gels (I have the sampler and so far, they're all great)

I just picked up Cantu's next day curl refresher but haven't tried it yet. Oh, and I grabbed some Snappees for weeks when I don't want to bother (puff ponytail). Also, got a hair wrap and turbanette-- neither of which I've used successfully as of yet. :P

Also, have y'all heard of Tress for Us hats? I got one of those. LOVE IT. Satin inside--- the ponytail holding hole/bands in the back? *thumbs up*

Okay. Rambled. Bye. :)

So glad you’ve hit your sweet spot! :flahssssss:Don’t get lazy now Sis, when you’ve hit a stride it tends to happen:look:. I’m there now but thankfully vacation time is here and I got faux Locs...lol

Back