Finally Found My Product (4b)

CORBINS

Since December of '03 I've been experiencing an increased amount of dryness and very bad breakage to my hair. I think I may have done a touch up with my relaxer incorrectly or something. I've been trying my hardest to find something to slow down the breakage and revitalize my hair. I've tried almost everything on the shelves. I was at Walmart in the salon and I came across some Nexxus. I called my husband and asked him about it because he went to cosmetology when he was in high school (so he could flirt with some girls), anyhow, he never finished, but he does know what's good for hair. He kept telling me to stop buying all of the cheap crap that I was buying because of my hair type, but I didn't listen. I was buying Loreal and it did do good on the first wash, but after that it went down hill, plus the treatment that was supposed to stop breakage did nothing. Today I purchased their Therapee Shampoo and Keraphix reconstructive protein creme reconstructor, they both did wonders for my hair. Before I would run my fingers through my hair and a lot of hair would come out, I ran my fingers through and only 2 strands came out! I was sooo happy! Best of all, my ends weren't dry after air drying my hair! I think some of us just need to use expensive products, some of us can use any product!
grin.gif

I agree totally..since I switched to Mizani my hair has really been thriving...I can get away with using inexpensive shampoos or oils but the VO5 conditioners I have are collecting dust and I haven't bought the Suave's becuase I know that it would be a waste...I invest in quality conditioners and leave ins(although Surge is a steal)

*laughing* that's funny you can ask your husband about hair, etc. I keep telling mine he needs to go to cosmetology school so he can do my hair and nails...

I did the cheap product thing, and it messed up my hair. Now I spend money on salon quality products [I use Mizani]my hair is doing better than when I went to the stylist. I do all of my hair care myself!

I'm glad you found something that works for you too! It's always a great feeling when it works!

I stumbled upon Nexxus before the hair boards and I'm glad I did because I didn't have to search for something good to use for my hair. I use the Botanoil, Keraphix (when needed), Humectress and Headress. Sometimes I'll alternate shampoos with the Therappe. I did learn about leave-ins (like Headress) only after I came to LHCF.

nexxus humectress works really good in my hair. I only use it when I want to look extra cute.

Most of the time I use cheap products to save money... but they don't give me bad affects. I guess that I am of those people that can get away with using anything and not having their hair fall out and stuff.

I used to use white rain shampoos and conditioners. I don't go THAT cheap anymore
laugh.gif

I'm a 4b also, and I use the therappe, keraphix, and humectress. It really is a great line I have never got salon like results at home before using thiese products.

Back