Finally did my touch up!

godzooki

Geez! I'm only 13,907 posts behind...In the hair section only! Been kinda busy but I did finally break down and do my touch up at the end of wk 19. I've previously only gone as far as 12wks! I couldnt take it any more. I made a mistake and thought I was doing good by not combing as much as possible and it back fired on me. I decided to make an appt. and realized that if I could'nt comb thru it then my stylist wouldnt be able to also! I had this horrible vision of her ripping thru my hair in frustration and grabbed the comb quick. My mistake was unbraiding it and immediately combing thru it dry and unwashed! My natural hair was so strong and healthy but the relaxed portion kept tangling horribly and it was hell at the demarciation line. I had hair static so bad that when I would comb down and lift the comb away to comb again I still had my just combed hair in the teeth! When I was done I could once again easily run a comb thru it from root to tip but I had paid a heavy price...Enough hair to stuff a teddy bear! See the pic for yourself. After my cry I carefuly cond. washed it and rebraided it Indian style. I made my appt for the following week and left it alone until it was time. I went from /images/graemlins/antlers.gif to /images/graemlins/weird.gif I tell ya! I was glad I did comb it thru then because the whole process was so easy! Not one tugg, pull or rip or burn at all! I did allow her to give me a good trim this time and so my hair looks like it's the same length but thats ok. I was so happy to see my trouble spot (where it always looked like someone tried to cut a "W" or an upside down "V" in the back of my head) had done some major growing and had almost evened up with my length! That alone made up for the trim trauma! I'm so happy! I can wear it down now and not worry about people seeing my "neck" thru my hair! I was also worried because of all the hair I pulled out in my pre-touch up combing but you can't even tell! (I realized that some of the hair I had lost was already loose and had tangled up being unable to fall but I just knew I was gonna have missing patches and super thinned!) I did notice that after I went home from my appt. later that night, I kept scratching my head and by the next day the itchy feeling had increased to what felt like the beginnngs for scalp sores. I could'nt keep my hands out of my scalp and it was starting to feel real bad. I figured that there was still some perm residue left and whipped out my profectiv mousse neutralizing shampoo. I lathered with it twice, rinsed, conditioned and wrapped it and the itchy, raw, tender feeling vanished completely. I'm so glad I bought that stuff for just in case. It probably saved me a lot of trauma and drama! It's going to become my after touch up staple! I feel so much better now! One things for sure. I am so glad my skin infection and prescribed meds are over with because I am not waiting that long for a touch up again! Don't get me wrong. I love my natural hair. I just was not capable of dealing with my 19wk post relaxer-natural hair AND relaxed hair at the same time! I truely enjoyed playing with my kinky waves and coils (Yes! It took 19 wks of newgrowth to prove I get sporadic pen spring coils in the back!) but it was just too much to deal with in it's dual state and I did'nt have the patience. I was tempted to chop off all the relaxed hair and try to grow long natural hair but I've worked too hard to achieve what little length I have and I'm only half way to my goals! Well, I'm just yapping now so I'll end it here. Here's to another 12 wks of healthy hair growth!

Thanks guys...Now I gotta catch up to all these gorgous heads of hair I'm seeing! I've been lax on my vites and water having been overloaded with other stressful crap going on but I'm trying to pick it up a notch with a fresh touch up. I trimed away my chances of reaching bra strap by Dec. but maybe I will get there by March 05.

Love your hair Godzooki! I've been tracking and admiring your progess since my hair board beginnings!

23_5_105.gif

Your hair looks great Godzookii...getting longer and it's still thick...the "W" is non-existant now..WTG /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif What little length you have!!! Stop being modest! You have great length! If yours is little, then I am bald, girl!!!! Your hair looks beautiful, by the way!

Godzooki, I am loving your hair! I like your braidouts and that little bun thingie you cover your hair bun with! Your hair is an awesome length! Congrats on extending your relaxer touch-up! Keep up the good hair care!
/images/graemlins/trampoline.gif

Your hair looks great! We could be hair twins. I wear my hair in a twisted sort of bun all the time with the same kind of hair clips. I think those are prettier than regular buns and are easier on the hair.

It looks great! /images/graemlins/up.gif My best friend and you are EXACT hair twins, everytime I look at your hair pictures, I think of her hair! She's thinking about going natural next year.

/images/graemlins/wave.gifGodZ---your hair looks great... it is maintaining its thickness....... /images/graemlins/up.gif

Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to acknowledge everyone. I'm soooo behind! I've worn my hair down occasionally and worn braidouts and I keep holding up the mirror looking fearfully for that "vv" but so far so good! Thanks to all for the kind words! I'm hoping that now that I got a decent trim I can start seeing some length increases again. Wish me luck!

Back