Finally Coming Out.... Confession of a Lurker Queen

luvenia

I just wanted to take some time out to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this site for so many years it's not funny:eek: . As a newly paid member, there is a lot of new features to check out, but in the meantime I wanted to introduce myself to you ladies (Get the ball rolling). My hair history is too long of a story (I know most of you share my pain). In the past I've dealt with too many Dallas stylist that have taken my hair out, over processed, cut, feathered, colored, my hair to no existence. I finally decide to take my hair into my own hands a year and 1/2 ago. From reading this board, the first thing I learned is I can go longer than every 4 weeks for a relaxer:lachen: . I'm up to every 8 weeks, but I'm working on stretching even longer. I just want to say you guys are an inspiration and I'm excited about my new journey of more involvement and focus on my hair. Details of my hair: 4a or 4b, neck length, Affirm relaxer (self-relaxer here), seems to be thinning (not as thick as it use to be), my nape tends to break off alot - but I seem to be in denial about that one. I guess my first question that I'm curious about is to wrap hair at night or not to wrap? Is this leading to breaking nape and thinning hair...

Sorry there isn't a picture.. The picture I was trying to use seems to be over the limit... I'm working on a fotki..

Yes, I start to bun my hair around the week 3 or 4 of my relaxer. I also wear ponytails too. Should I not be bunning my hair... I'm just so confused because I don't know if I should be using protective methods if its breaking my nape...

for a bun, try using pantyhose cut across the leg part to make little circles, and use this as a scrunchi, it is really effective and has never broken even 1 hair. Maybe you should try some protein treatments like aphogee reconsturctor and a preshamoo treatments. Both items really made a difference in the quality of my hair and also greatly reduced my breakage
HTH:)

luvenia said:
I just wanted to take some time out to introduce myself. I've been lurking on this site for so many years it's not funny:eek: . As a newly paid member, there is a lot of new features to check out, but in the meantime I wanted to introduce myself to you ladies (Get the ball rolling). My hair history is too long of a story (I know most of you share my pain). In the past I've dealt with too many Dallas stylist that have taken my hair out, over processed, cut, feathered, colored, my hair to no existence. I finally decide to take my hair into my own hands a year and 1/2 ago. From reading this board, the first thing I learned is I can go longer than every 4 weeks for a relaxer:lachen: . I'm up to every 8 weeks, but I'm working on stretching even longer. I just want to say you guys are an inspiration and I'm excited about my new journey of more involvement and focus on my hair. Details of my hair: 4a or 4b, neck length, Affirm relaxer (self-relaxer here), seems to be thinning (not as thick as it use to be), my nape tends to break off alot - but I seem to be in denial about that one. I guess my first question that I'm curious about is to wrap hair at night or not to wrap? Is this leading to breaking nape and thinning hair...

Sorry there isn't a picture.. The picture I was trying to use seems to be over the limit... I'm working on a fotki..

:sekret: I'd welcome you , but then I'd have to kill you!!!..Just Kidding.......(pokin head out of knotty hole in tree) Welcome to the Squirrel's Neighborhood!!!

Back