FHI Runway owners are you still happy?

blessed7777

I think I am turning into a flat iron junkie :) although I am happy with my GHD I can't help but wonder if the FHI Runway is the ultimate in flat irons. So are you ladies still very happy with your purchase? Have you used other irons to compare the Runway to?

I've had a set of FHI straighteners with red plates since mid 2006. They're still as good as new and perfect. I highly recommend them.

Should I need new straightening irons I'll look in to this.

Love mine too. I've had it for about 6 months. Haven't used many others. My last one was a jilbere so I can't compare it to the to any of the others that are hyped here. My only complaint is the white plates don't look clean. Over time it seems that they change and look a little worn. Still works great though.

So...I was avoiding heat, so I don't have a flat iron right now, but I have been doing crazy research. It was between the FHI Runway and the Hana Elite (b/c they're the only 100% ceramic flat irons on the market). FHI pulled the runway not too long ago, but I think the new one is being released this month. It was mostly due to manufacturing issues and revamping it to make it better than another one of theirs. I think the rumor is that the platform was outperforming it and they wanted to know why?
Any Hana Elite is the only other 100% ceramic flat iron on the market. It is not coated with ceramic, but is a 100% solid ceramic plate. It's a bit cheaper than the FHI Runway (229? on Missiko.com) and comes with a two year warranty. Plus, the plates are black (charcoal) so they don't look bad.
You can also get a set with the Hana Elite 1inch, plus a travel iron that is comparable to the FHI Platform (it's the Hana professional, I think), a leave in with jojoba oil, and I think candles for 259. They'll let you get a 1.5 inch set for 30 more. I was sold on the FHI until I read up on it. Hana isn't a generic brand or anything, and I hear Missikou's customer service is great. They were very nice to me.
I'm not knocking the Runway at all. I know a lot of ladies LOVE their Runway, and with good reason. I just can't be using my student money and take the risk that it'll break in 1.5 years (and the fact that they took it off of the market scared me. I was all ready to buy!). That'd be heartbreaking.

Last edited:
Oh yes still love it. Gave away two irons.. and tossed one out. I have a sedu - that I never use - that also may become a gift....

Very! Best investment, had mine for about 4+ years. It straightens my hair beautifully without any heat damage and remains consistently hot v

I have an FHI Platform and I LOVE IT!!!! This thing is the Cadillac of flat irons. I absolutely adore it. It doesn't get too hot, and it gives me a nice smooth look. It gets my hair straight without making it too bone straight. It gives me straight hair with texture and I have relaxed hair. But I love my FHI Platform.

Back