Female Friendships

Yeah, but another thing too is this... let's say you meet a women who after getting to know her better you find out she has sex outside of marriage, and that's something you do not do. Don't immediately discount her as a friend just because she is participating in an ungodly activity. Plus, you must realize that even though you may not be doing that particular sin, you just may very well be doing something else against God too.

I'll share this with you. I really have only 2 women that I can say are my close best friends. Other women I may know are more like acquaintances. One of them I have been friends with for over 10 years. We met in high school on the track team. As we got older, we started hanging out, talk on the phone, shop, taken trips, and shared personal information and stories with each other. Right now, she is involved with a married man. Deep down inside, I feel disgusted of this and never thought something like this would happen. I don't condone her activity, but I'm just very calm when expressing my views on what she should do with this married man. She knows she is wrong and has even stated it to me, but she feels like she lacks a conscience right now and is really enjoying herself. I've told I think it's best for her to leave the man alone, but she claims to have no feelings wrapped up into this man (but I think she does). So I as a friend, I just listen and continue to respect her and be patient with her. Plus, I look at myself and know I may not be abiding by every single command of God as well. And only God can do the changing and delivering someone from sin.

And I also try to be like Jesus... he hung out and even ate and drank with the winebibbers, prostitutes, and tax collectors... but he did not participate in their activities. He just was there being an example and showing them how to live right. We must try to do the same when it comes to interacting with other people.

Hope that helps too.

i agree that we need to hang out with sinners. How else are we to spread the gospel, we cannot do it in self isolation. I wold never discount a person who does things that I don't agree with. T i feel that is kind of stupid to do. NO one would ever agree with everything i do completely. we are not a monothought people. If we were we would be sooo boring. I am trying to come from a perspective that i can just be friends with someone who loves the Lord like i do and have those things in common. I just want a healthy balance of female and male friendships and godly and secular friendships. I think that is what i crave most in my life...BALANCE.

You're def not alone. I'm praying for the same thing in my life. Be encouraged =)

I will pray for you as well!! I cannot shake the feeling that it is time for those who serve Jesus to band together stronger develop stronger Bonds. We will be extraordnarily blessed and protected if we choose to :).

I've been feeling the same way too. But I've learned to stop thinking about and trying so hard. Matthew 6:33 states "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things should be added unto you". When I first decided I wanted to start living for God, I knew there were certain people, actually many people, in my life that I had to let go. And when I did I started to feel real lonely and depressed, but I recently decided that I'm going to use this time to get closer to God and continue to pray for positive encouraging female friends I can connect with.

I've been feeling the same way too. But I've learned to stop thinking about and trying so hard. Matthew 6:33 states "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things should be added unto you". When I first decided I wanted to start living for God, I knew there were certain people, actually many people, in my life that I had to let go. And when I did I started to feel real lonely and depressed, but I recently decided that I'm going to use this time to get closer to God and continue to pray for positive encouraging female friends I can connect with.

We're on the same page. I've been so friendly I've been used and when the tables turned they evaporate. I've come to realise I can be friendly but I need good 'inner court' friends (like Jesus and Peter, James and John). I am coming from a place of severe wounding but I believe God will provide at the right time so I'm taking the time to lean on Him and learn from Him. One of my sisters was going through a simillar situation and when she stopped trying it started happening.

Back