February 2014...What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Still Prepping; moving slowly, but steadily, towards my goal of formulating my own stuff:

Stearic Acid - Triple Pressed Vegetable - 1 lb / 454 grams
Dimethicone 350 c.s. - 8.4 fl.oz / 250 ml
Panthenol Pro-Vitamin B5 - 4.2 fl.oz / 125 ml
Incroquat Behenyl TMS-50 1 lb / 454 grams
Germall Plus Preservative - 4.2 fl.oz / 125 ml
Chamomile Floral Water - 250 ml / 8.4 fl. oz
Rose Floral Water - 250 ml / 8.4 fl. oz
Allantoin Powder - 2 oz / 57 grams
BSB Surfactant - 16.9 fl.oz / 500 ml
Amphosol CG Surfactant (Cocamidopropyl Betaine) - 16.9 fl.oz / 500 ml
Sodium Lactate - 125 ml / 4.2 fl. oz
Cetearyl Alcohol 50/50 - 0.5 lb / 227 grams
Citric Acid 1 lb / 454 grams
Cetyl Alcohol - 1 lb / 454 grams
Dry-Flo TS - 114 grams / 4 oz
Aloe Vera Extract Liquid - 100% 33.8 fl.oz / 1 Litre
Cyclomethicone - 8.4 fl.oz / 250 ml
PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor - 227 grams / 8 oz
Isopropyl Myristate (IPM) - 8.4 fl.oz / 250 ml
Honeyquat PF - 114 grams / 4 oz
Phenonip Preservative - 114 grams / 4 oz
Disodium EDTA - 114 grams / 4 oz
Polysorbate 20 Solubilizer - 114 grams / 4 oz
Polysorbate 80 Solubilizer - 114 grams / 4 oz
Cetrimonium Chloride 30% - 16.9 fl.oz / 500 ml
Beakers, Low Form, Polypropylene - Capacity: 100 ml (1)
Beakers, Low Form, Polypropylene - Capacity: 250 ml (2)
Beakers, Low Form, Polypropylene - Capacity: 500 ml (1)
Erlenmeyer Flask with Screw Cap - Capacity: 250 ml (1)

@ogama, it looks like you are going to be making some good stuff. I'm guessing conditioner from the ingredients. I may be joining you in the upcoming months. The more research I do, the more that I realize that I can do this!:yep:

Finally placed order with NaturelleGrow for pumpkinseed butter and marshallow root, slippery elm deep conditioner. I decided to take advantage of the 25% sale. It basically covered the shipping.

Also ordered some Carols Daughter products - hair milk and hair balm.

Sallys
4 32 oz Bottles of Scurl
5 Proline softner Moisturizer
2 Dark & Lovely Relaxers
Beauty club Renewal

Komaza
2 Califa Moisturizing Spray
Vitamin Reign
Shea Butter Hair Lotion

Sally Beauty:
AIA Cleansing Pudding x2
GVP Conditioning Balm x2
Meta Grip Bobby Pins

They allowed me to stack my bogo, 1/2 B-Day $10 off, and the AIA $1 off codes. I made it out the store only paying $17.30 including tax.

ETA: Last week I used my $5 off Sally renewal coupon towards a jar of Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste, plus Curls had a $1 off coupon, so I got out the store that time, spending $2.13 including tax.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Last edited:
SheScentIt:
Cutie Pie 4 Piece Set
Avocado Conditioner
Okra Reconstructor
Tahitian Vanilla Mist
Seyani Butter

Sallys
4 32 oz Bottles of Scurl
5 Proline softner Moisturizer
2 Dark & Lovely Relaxers
Beauty club Renewal

Komaza
2 Califa Moisturizing Spray
Vitamin Reign
Shea Butter Hair Lotion

Toy... That S Curl and proline softener moisturizer must really work well. I know you have a lot of hair. Would you mind sharing how you use these products? Thanks!:yep:

B.A.S.K.-Apple Sorghum oil

Perfect Blends-Apple Mango strengthening mask &
Green Apple hair cream

SSI-Riche moisture mask & moisture spray leave in

Not really hair related, finally bought a Nutri Bullet, just made my first blast :lick: guess it really is hair related drinking these will help make my diet healthier overall :yep:

1 Bottle of Hairfinity. Already have two but need the additional one for 90 day stint.

Silk Amino Acids, Going to try to get my eyelashes back the way they were.

Last edited:
The Pomade Shop:
Growth Fundamentals Coffee Pomade

Naturelle Grow:
Mango & Coconut Water Deep Conditioning Treatment
Apple Cider Vinegar Balance & Restore Rinse

BASK:
Apple & Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup
Y.A.M. Nectar Intense Hair Nourisher

Annabelle's Perfect Blends:
White Chocolate Mousse Moisture Intense Mask (with butters)
Blueberry Cheesecake Deep Conditioner
Ayurvedic Cleansing Conditioner
Hibiscus and Pomegranate Deep Conditioner

[All 1st time buys]

The Pomade Shop:
Growth Fundamentals Coffee Pomade

Naturelle Grow:
Mango & Coconut Water Deep Conditioning Treatment
Apple Cider Vinegar Balance & Restore Rinse

BASK:
Apple & Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup
Y.A.M. Nectar Intense Hair Nourisher

Annabelle's Perfect Blends:
White Chocolate Mousse Moisture Intense Mask (with butters)
Blueberry Cheesecake Deep Conditioner
Ayurvedic Cleansing Conditioner
Hibiscus and Pomegranate Deep Conditioner

[All 1st time buys]

rileypak, you got some good products. I have all but 2 of those products.

Asiam coconut co-wash. I've seen this mentioned a lot, so when I ran across it in Sally's, I thought that I would give it a try.

@ogama, it looks like you are going to be making some good stuff. I'm guessing conditioner from the ingredients. I may be joining you in the upcoming months. The more research I do, the more that I realize that I can do this!:yep:

Pennefeather

I don't know how I missed this comment. My plan is to eventually make products for all my bath, body, and hair needs. I just like the idea of having things I like in there, in the proportion I like them.

I am starting with a thick body lotion, makeup primer, facial toner, emulsified body scrub, cleansing oil, and facial wash. Apart from the lotion and the primer, the rest are pretty simple so good place to start. I will start adding hair products as I use up my stash.

I wanted to start a formulating products thread, but since I am not working on hair stuff yet, I decided against it.

Ebay:

Andis Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Hair Blow Dryer 82360

This is the hair dryer Reneice was using in here hair showcase vid. It took me weeks to find the name, but I finally did.

If anyone is looking to purchase a hair dryer. I have some available :).

Silicon mix bambu DC
3 sisters of nature once a week DC
3 sisters of nature leave in
Gro healthy milk and olive DC
Queen Helen cholesterol
Miss Jessie baby butter cream
SM yuca n bambu thickening everything

Down to the last After Bath oil and Whipped Shea butter that I bought on Black Friday.

Reupped
Oyinhandmade
2 After Bath Oils - Almond
2 Whipped Shea Butters- Almond
1 No Ash At All- Honey - First time buy

Down to the last After Bath oil and Whipped Shea butter that I bought on Black Friday.

Reupped
Oyinhandmade
2 After Bath Oils - Almond
2 Whipped Shea Butters- Almond
1 No Ash At All- Honey - First time buy

Those are that good? How do they compare to L'Occitane Almond Ultra Rich Body Cream? Maybe, I should be giving my body budget to Jamyla and Pierre :scratchch

shawnyblazes

Those are that good? How do they compare to L'Occitane Almond Ultra Rich Body Cream? Maybe, I should be giving my body budget to Jamyla and Pierre :scratchch

shawnyblazes

I've never tried L'Occitance . I usually wash, add the After Bath oil and then seal it in with a tiny bit of the Whipped Shea butter , it works perfect to keep me supple. The scents arent too overpowering either.

I have extremely dry skin and my son has eczema so we try and keep it simple. I rotate either SheaMoistures Massage oils or After Bath oil. If I'm being cheap , I blend together hemp seed oil, castor oil and vitamin e until I can reupp on the other two. In the summer/spring the oils are sufficient by themselves. MileHighDiva

ETA Whoa @ $44 bucks for 7ozs. Is it that good?

I've never tried L'Occitance . I usually wash, add the After Bath oil and then seal it in with a tiny bit of the Whipped Shea butter , it works perfect to keep me supple. The scents arent too overpowering either.

I have extremely dry skin and my son has eczema so we try and keep it simple. I rotate either SheaMoistures Massage oils or After Bath oil. If I'm being cheap , I blend together hemp seed oil, castor oil and vitamin e until I can reupp on the other two. In the summer/spring the oils are sufficient by themselves. MileHighDiva

ETA Whoa @ $44 bucks for 7ozs. Is it that good?

It went up, it used to be $38. In the past, during the month of January they'd normally have a 14 oz jar on special for $49.00. I'm not sure if i missed it this year, or if they didn't run the promo.

This time of year I love their Almond Shower Oil and body cream. According to my home row keys :user:, Oyin's is $17.99 for 8 oz, so I could get 16 oz for $36 and the ingredients look good. :scratchch

shawnyblazes

ETA: My only fear would be it potentially going bad. I bought some Carol's Daughter Almond Cookie Body Butter and it went rancid :nono:

Last edited:
Back