Favorite Hair Oils

ScandalousBeauty

Hey all...I am new to the boards! I have noticed that many of you do not use grease or any other type of hair care moisturizer that are common. Some of you use oils since they are lighter and more healthy. So, what are your favorite hair oils, how often do you use them, how do you apply them, etc.

My Favorite 2 Oils so far are Coconut Oil and Olive Oil :yep:

I use the coconut oil on my ends and not on the rest of my hair because it makes my hair wavy or more of a curly texture.

The Olive Oil is more versatile. I use that in my deep conditioners or I use as a prepoo treatment. I also like to distribute the olive oil thorough damp hair after CO washes. It makes my hair very soft and less frizzy. Hair feels more moisturized.

The one I would like to try is jojoba oil. I will picking this up sometime this week. I hope it agrees with my hair as well as the others did. I use hair oils about every two days.

I love Cinnamon, Garlic, Aloe, & Olive Oils!

The Garlic especially beause it helps to stop breakage! :grin:

At this time my favorite oil is jojoba oil. I apply it to my damp hair and it makes my curls so full of shine and soft. I also apply it on to my ends at night when i wrap my hair in a bun. I have noticed less breakage and splitting of my ends.

Coconut Oil, Hot 6 Oil, EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), and Wild Growth Oil... All are great on damp hair and ends... Also, hot 6 is great mixed with EVOO as a pre poo treatment.

Right now I'm lovin' Jojoba and Cocoa Butter Oil. I use the Jojoba on my scalp and the Cocoa Butter Oil on the ends of my hair before wrapping it up at night. I also like to use ORS Jojoba Oil (in the jar) on my scalp.

My absolute favorites are Nexxus Botanic Oil (I add pure EVOO to it), plain EVOO, and Dabur Vatika Oil.

Last edited:
I love olive oil and coconut. Both on damp and dry hair. Love, love love olive the most extra virgin. :)

divinefavor said:
For those of you who use oils, do you find that your hair doesn't have bounce and volume once applied?

I only get that when I saturate my hair with them

divinefavor said:
For those of you who use oils, do you find that your hair doesn't have bounce and volume once applied?

I don't go heavy with oils when I have a fresh touch-up, but right now I'm 11 weeks post, and I oil my hair 3 times a day...when its wet, after its dry, and before bed. My hair is very thick, so it isn't weighed down that much by the oil. The EVOO is heavy, and I use it for an overnight oil treatment, and I add Nexxus Botanic Oil to my Humectress for my daily CO washes. The Vatika Oil isn't that heavy to me. Right now, saving my length is important, so I don't wear my hair out after its dry (I air dry everyday)...I put it up after it dries, so volume and bounce aren't an issue.

divinefavor said:

I find coconut to be the lightest of the three main oils I use. But with all oils, a little goes a long way for me.

divinefavor said:

As long as I don't use too much oil, I don't have a problem with loosing bounce or volume. I always put the Jojoba oil into a color applicator bottle with a fine, pointed tip so that the oil goes directly to my scalp. I then massage my scalp for about three-five minutes. This way, the oil is absorbed by my scalp and doesn't weigh down the length of my hair. :yep:

when i wear my hair down, i go light on the monoi oil. if i flat iron myself, i put it on while wet. if i have my hair done, i apply a tiny bit to my ends in the morning. i HATE having stiff hair. when i wear the bun, i apply it much heavier.

i use olive oil for hot oil treatments. i add conditioner, essential oils and honey to that concoction. i love it, but i'm lazy and don't do it very often... :ohwell:

I use a mixture of coconut and olive oil. A little goes a long way. I spray it in every day also I wet my hair everyday. :yep:

LilChocolateMa said:
Hey all...I am new to the boards! I have noticed that many of you do not use grease or any other type of hair care moisturizer that are common. Some of you use oils since they are lighter and more healthy. So, what are your favorite hair oils, how often do you use them, how do you apply them, etc.
hey, erin! i just noticed that was you. welcome!!! :clapping:

My favorite hair oils are

Jojoba Oil / Vitamin Shoppe or Aubrey Organiics --- I use this as a pre- shampoo treatment and to add shine to my hair in between shampooing.

Carrot Oil
-- I also use carrot oil the same way. I also apply a little carrot or jojoba oil to my conditioner to do a "deep" conditioning treatment.

Last edited:
i allow my ends to marinate in my favorite oil mix (castor, jojoba, olive, amla, brahmi and wheat germ oils and a small amount of aloe vera gel) twice a week. i sometimes warm the oil up.... i then two strand twist the length of my pony tail and pin it up in a bun... so far, so good for my ends..!!!!! i also add about two tablespoons of this mix to my deep conditioning treatment.

Back