favorite deep conditioners. . .

I just luuuv Elasta qp DPR. I use organics hair mayo if I'm out of DPR...but I'm NEVER out of DPR
smile.gif

@ 2-4inches of new growth, about 10-12 inches of relaxed hair.I guess I'm a 3c(front,back) 4a(mid)

4a/b fine relaxed
aveda deep penetrating hair revitalizer
ors hair mayonaise
k2h hawaiian treatment
aveda rilliant conditioner

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
I just luuuv Elasta qp DPR. I use organics hair mayo if I'm out of DPR...but I'm NEVER out of DPR
smile.gif

@ 2-4inches of new growth, about 10-12 inches of relaxed hair.I guess I'm a 3c(front,back) 4a(mid)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto on the DPR, that stuff is great!! I mix it with Joico intensive moisturising, it smells so yummy. And I love AO GPB.

4b relaxed

Phytokarite
Affirm 5 in 1

BTW, alliyah, I think I'm going to check out the K2H products next time I'm in London.

imo, a deep conditioner can be a protein treatment or a moisturizing treatment, well anyone that stays on my hair for more than 3 minutes is a deep one.

4a/b thick hair approx. almost 12 inches
-Motions Oil Moisturizer w/ Silk Protein
-Salerm Wheat Germ Mask
-Lustrasilk Cholesterol w/ Aloe
-Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum
-Mayonnaise (as a pretreatment)
-Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner

Aubrey Organics GPB

Miss Key 10 en 1 Super Conditioner is good for deep conditioning too since it is so thick (reminds me of the Kiehl's hair masque).

[ QUOTE ]
I mix it with Joico intensive moisturising

[/ QUOTE ] Is the Joico intensive moisturizing kind of like the breakage control serum (elasta qp)? I never thought to mix it before. But I see you're natural (cute puff btw
smile.gif
) and that's where I'm headed. Does it give you more moisture or slip than just the DPR?

I would like to add that Aubrey's GPB is a very effective protein conditioner. I love its conditioning properties... unfortunately I hate the smell. It is a winner, Ladies.

4A/B Fine
Nacidit Olive Oil Conditioner-Favorite and BEST For My Hair
Redken Butter Treat
Aubrey's GPB
ORS Hair Mayo
Vitale Intense Treatment

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:

[ QUOTE ]
I mix it with Joico intensive moisturising

[/ QUOTE ] Is the Joico intensive moisturizing kind of like the breakage control serum (elasta qp)? I never thought to mix it before. But I see you're natural (cute puff btw
smile.gif
) and that's where I'm headed. Does it give you more moisture or slip than just the DPR?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a moisturizing deep conditioner and not similar to the breakage control serum. The breakage control serum is more like a protein treatment in my opinon. I have never tried the DPR however, the Joico leaves my hair moisturized with slip.

[ QUOTE ]
blackdiamond said:
I have hear a lot of about deep conditioners..but, what's the difference between a deep conditioner and a protein conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

A protein conditioner is just stronger than a deep conditioner. Here is the order from strongest to weakest conditioners or treatments:
1. Protein
2. Reconstructor/Strengthener
3. Conditioner

HTH!
wink.gif

Lustrasilk Aloe Vera Cholesterol mixed with EVOO and Honey
Aubrey Organics GPB
ORS Hair Mayo mixed with EVOO and Honey

Im a natural 3b/c with about 4-4.5 inches of hair

Currently, I am liking Nexxus Humectress. I like it when I leave it on for about 15 min. w/o heat.
Ironically, I find a lot of conditioners work better w/o heat
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
Currently, I am liking Nexxus Humectress. I like it when I leave it on for about 15 min. w/o heat.
Ironically, I find a lot of conditioners work better w/o heat
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too....Actually my head feels about the same temp as it is with the heat cap when I remove my towel and plastic cap after deep conditioning.

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
Thank you Chaya! I'm supposed to be doing the May PJ challenge but I don't know if I'm gonna make it now
look.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I could never committ myself to any product challnege! I am very tempted to get the shampoo from the Neutrogena line everyone is raving about! I hope you like the JOICO as much as I do. It works very well to moisturize and provide slip with or without using heat and you can leave it on from 5 minutes to all night and it still works great!

Back