Suave Coconut Conditioner
Suave Milk and Honey Conditioner

Elasta Qp DPR-11
Keracare Humecto
Parneavu Hair Mayo
Motions oil silk Protein
Elasta QP breakage control serum

I have 3c/4a texturized hair

not sure of my hair type. I think that I might be 4a/b.

I like: Lekair Cholesterol (professional), Pantene Hydrating Curls, Aussie 3 minute miracle:Deeeeeeep.

For protein, I use Hask Placenta, Hennalucent(bark brown or neutral), or generic Joico K-pak.

That I am currently using.

Lekair-I've tried several but this one is cheep and works wonders, especially for conditioner washes.

My hair is 100% natural and my type is 100% nappy.

I like this dominican conditioner called "bano de cream para el cabello aguacate" avocado intensive conditioner cream. This stuff is serious....I get more slip with this than Lekair. And the softeness last for a few days after you use it. A+

My favs are Elasta DPR-11, Fantasia's IC deep penetrating creme moisturizer and Herbal Essence's Intensive Blends balm. I use the HE Blends when I airdry and alternate the other two for rollersets. I get wonderful results from the DPR and IC for rollersets. Also, I no longer use heat for deep conditions.

My fav deep conditioner is a cross between IC Deep moisturizing condtioner and ION reconstructor.

Parnevue leave-in conditioner
Queen Helene cholesterol
Aloe Vera Conditioner
Also i do pre-shampoo treatment-i rinse add a hot lightweight essential oil- massage it in- sit under the dryer for 15-30 mins.- rinse-shampoo- apply leave-in conditioner and go.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
blackdiamond said:
I have hear a lot of about deep conditioners..but, what's the difference between a deep conditioner and a protein conditioner?

[/ QUOTE ]

A protein conditioner is just stronger than a deep conditioner. Here is the order from strongest to weakest conditioners or treatments:
1. Protein
2. Reconstructor/Strengthener
3. Conditioner

HTH!
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Not to be argumentative but this is actually incorrect or perhaps a little misleading. The terms “Reconstructor” “treatment” and “deep conditioner” seems to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's best to familiarize yourself with the ingredients and their order of appearance on the product rather than to hold to a rule like this. By this definition a protein conditioner like Aubrey’s GPB would be consider “stronger" than the hard core Aphogee Treatment for damaged hair. Many people forgo the moisturizing conditioner after deep conditioning with Aubrey’s GPB. Forgo the moisture after the Aphogee Treatment thinking that it's a milder conditioner and you’ve committed yourself to a hair disaster.
antlers.gif

Black Diamond--
There is much debate on what is and what isn't a "deep conditioner." Protein or no protein, heat or no heat. Again it's the manufacturers who can't decide on a universal term. (I've seen reconstuctors with no protein/amino acids, deep conditioners with no protein and so-called moisturizing conditioners with too much protein) So you decide. I think that when most of us specify deep conditioner it's a protein conditioner with heat. Some no- direct-heat ladies take advantage of our bodies own heat and use time as an indicator as to whether or not it's a deep conditioner. It's confusing. I know. We all need to be ingredients experts so that we're not fooled by the labels
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Truth said:
4a Relaxed ..
lustrasilks Herbal deep conditioning cholestrol with Carrot oil ..

[/ QUOTE ]
I second that! and also Creme of Nature Moisturizing Conditioner. I'm a mix of 4a/b wit some kinda c in there.

Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner
Motions Moisture Plus
Elucence Emergency Moisture Repair Treatment
Kenra Moisturizing Conditoner + Kenra Intensive Emollient

4a
style: twistouts/fro
I am such a product junkie but here is list of all my deep conditioners

1. ORS Mayo
2. Aubrey Organics
3. Doo Gro-Intense penetrating treatment
4. UBH-deep conditioner

Back