Favorite Black Hair Growth Books

vtoodler

What are your favorite books about growing black hair?

I really like Cathy Howse's book and "Healthy Black Hair" by Nicole Elizabeth Smith.

Which ones do you like?

Long Hair Care Forum! - I feel like the forum is a book all on its own lol! Long hair care forum has been like a book for me lol I learned sooo much from this website and all of you lovely ladies!

I would definitely have to say Cathy House, Lonnice Brittenum Bonner, No Lye by Tulani kinard, and of course mine, Girl Get Your Hair Back!

"Beautiful Black Hair: Real Solutions to Real Problems" by Shamboosie

This is the book that actually jump-started my healthy hair journey. After reading this book, I tried to google Shamboosie to see if he had written any other books, and my google searches led me to this site....almost one year ago!!:yep::yep:

Yes, at this time it is an e-book. I did that because I know that most people what their books right away after they purchase it. :)

lonnice brittenum bonner's good hair, aubrey hampton's natural organic hair & skin care, chicoro's grow it!

Cathy Howse was the 1st book I ever bought and it opened my eyes to the need for moisture, moisture and moisture. Lonnice Bonner's "Good Hair" and Wanakee's emotional and practical guides to hair are priceless. :yep:

Chicoro's Grow It! and Going-Natural. Both mentioned above. I started detangling before shampooing and sectioning my hair because of her, and she helped me be okay with using Aphogee as a preventive measure instead of only when breakage has gotten really bad (I don't know if that's what she uses, but she was talking about using deep protein treatments as a prevention).

Going Natural gave me style inspirations and recipes to use on the hair. I loved seeing all the different things that could be done with the hair.

I have read and liked Cathy Howse's book as well. For me though, it didn't speak to me as a natural like the other two did, but I do still go to it for perusing.

Chicoro's "Grow It!" This book is fantastic, and it led me to this site about 2 months ago. The writing is clear, the explanations logical, and the suggestions are extremely useful.

Back