Fast Growth and Stimulating Essential Oils?

RabiaElaine

Hey girls,

I'm just wondering what results you ladies have been getting from using stimulating Essential Oils like peppermint or rosemary?

Thanks in advance for your responses :) .

I haven't noticed in any extra growth, per se, with using essential oils. But, my hair tends to grow super fast no matter what I use on it. I have noticed that using jojoba mixed with peppermint and tea tree essential oils have kept my scalp from getting sore in between relaxers when I have a lot of new growth.

I'm not sure yet. Before each wash, I've been alternating using a ginger oil/jojoba recipe to massage my scalp with and using a rosemary/cedarwood/thyme/lavender/jojoba recipe. I intend to add this to my regular regimen.

Isis said:
I'm not sure yet. Before each wash, I've been alternating using a ginger oil/jojoba recipe to massage my scalp with and using a rosemary/cedarwood/thyme/lavender/jojoba recipe. I intend to add this to my regular regimen.

Hi Isis :wave:,
How long have you been doing this?

After doing some research on this site and others, I'm thinking that I might try adding rosemary or peppermint to my conditioners and use your recipe above, I saw that recipe posted on another thread. I believe the use of regular stimulating products are what is missing from my current regimen.

Has anyone else seen results yet??

I have noticed a lot of growth using the Cathy Howse homemade conditioner recipe, which contains a lot of peppermint. My scalp feels so cling and tingles at least an hour after washing it out. My scalp feels alive! A friend recently marveled at how much my hair had grown and I think that this is one of the things that is doing it.

tryn2growmyhair said:
I have noticed a lot of growth using the Cathy Howse homemade conditioner recipe, which contains a lot of peppermint. My scalp feels so cling and tingles at least an hour after washing it out. My scalp feels alive! A friend recently marveled at how much my hair had grown and I think that this is one of the things that is doing it.

What recipe is this?? Can you explain it??

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Isis :wave:,
How long have you been doing this?

After doing some research on this site and others, I'm thinking that I might try adding rosemary or peppermint to my conditioners and use your recipe above, I saw that recipe posted on another thread. I believe the use of regular stimulating products are what is missing from my current regimen.

Has anyone else seen results yet??
I've been doing this consistently before each wash (I wash every 3 days) since Feb. 10. I alternate with massaging with the ginger oil/jojoba combo.

RabiaElaine said:
What recipe is this?? Can you explain it??
Go to www.motowngirl.com and click on the conditioner section. It is there. I use Mane N Tale with this recipe but when that runs out I will try a bottle of Motions CPR that I have to use it up. Basically its a lot of oil and some peppermint. The oil (coconut and OO) adds shine and moisture and the peppermint is really stimulating. My scalp misses when I skip using it during one of my washes.

Back