Falls are not for short hair ladies only!

J

JenniferMD

I wanted to try something different so I went out looking to buy one of those gorgeous falls that kinikakes has sported in the past. (It's BEAUTIFUL on her)

I wrote down the brand and style number kinikakes referenced in her album but left the paper at home when I actually got to the store. I decided to go ahead a look at the other styles so I wouldn't be baised. The lady at the counter comes up to me and says, "oh, this [pointing at one of the human hair falls] would look great on you....take off your wig and I'll match your color." :shocked:

I politely told her I was NOT wearing a wig and instead of being embarrassed she was surpised. "What! That's your hair? Then why do you want to buy this?"

Ummmm, ladies do NOT have to have short hair to buy a fall!

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ take off your wig and i'll match your color

What a compliment!!! A twisted one, but a compliment nonetheless!!! :lachen:

Girl you are so right!!! Hair falls are for everyone! Thats the beauty of it..... just pin that hair up in the back, throw it on, and voila!!! You have a whole new look.

In fact, i find that the fall looks especially natural on me because i have some length to my own hair, thus allowing it to blend in well with the fall. It's a great protective style, and takes all of 5 minutes. Love it!!!!

I cant wait to see which fall you end up choosing! I know its gonna be absolutely gorgeous!!!! :D

I can laugh at it now, but I was NOT smiling when she made that comment. :lol:

I felt a sadness come over me because in other cultures weaves and wigs are often worn to "switch up a look" or "add volume" but in our culture it's a direct indication of not being able to achieve longer lengths on our own.

Kinikakes, I didn't want to buy the fall right then and there because I wanted to compare my favorite to the style you had. My fav turned out to be the EXACT style you have!!! I'm going back out tonight or in the morning to make the purchase. :)

My only hesitation is that my hair texture isn't as fine and silky as yours...so it might not match up the way I'd like. What do you think?

JenniferMD said:
I can laugh at it now, but I was NOT smiling when she made that comment. :lol:

I felt a sadness come over me because in other cultures weaves and wigs are often worn to "switch up a look" or "add volume" but in our culture it's a direct indication of not being able to achieve longer lengths on our own.

Kinikakes, I didn't want to buy the fall right then and there because I wanted to compare my favorite to the style you had. My fav turned out to be the EXACT style you have!!! I'm going back out tonight or in the morning to make the purchase. :)

My only hesitation is that my hair texture isn't as fine and silky as yours...so it might not match up the way I'd like. What do you think?

Thats sooo crazy that the one you liked is also the one i have! Isnt that fall the best, man!!!! It looks SO good on!!! :D

Yeah, that particular fall works well for me because my texture is very silky/thin, like the hair of the fall. Incidentally my girlfriend has the same fall, however, she has the fall in a brown color w/blond streaks, like her own hair. Her hair texture is a lot coarser/thicker than mine, but so is her hair fall (for some reason, the texture gets coarser when the color changes). I doubt my fall would match her texture, because my 1b fall is noticeably thinner/silkier in texture. I think her fall looks like perm yakky hair, while mine looks closer to European silky.... (but without that awful, weavey shine!)

If i were you, i would just try it on, blend it with a comb, and see how comfortable you are with it. If you can, maybe you should bring a close and trusted girlfriend with you to give her opinion of how natural it looks/how closely your own texture matches. My guess is that it looks fine, and that you are being extra vigilant (which is not a bad idea). :)

If it matches closely, but not quite.... you could always buy it and then do things to try to match the texture, ie, wash it then roller set it (takes some of the silkiness/shine away)..... or put oil sheen on it or some other products. Or, maybe you can try a different color, like a dark brown (without the blonde streaks). Not sure what color your hair is tho, or if that will match...... But my thinking is the lighter the color of the fall, the thicker the texture.

This is a pic of my girlfriend with the same fall, in brown/blondish. Her own texture is pretty coarse/thick, which blends in with the fall (also thicker, coarser).

1128997105_l.jpg

KiniKakes said:
Thats sooo crazy that the one you liked is also the one i have! Isnt that fall the best, man!!!! It looks SO good on!!! :D

Yeah, that particular fall works well for me because my texture is very silky/thin, like the hair of the fall. Incidentally my girlfriend has the same fall, however, she has the fall in a brown color w/blond streaks, like her own hair. Her hair texture is a lot coarser/thicker than mine, but so is her hair fall (for some reason, the texture gets coarser when the color changes). I doubt my fall would match her texture, because my 1b fall is noticeably thinner/silkier in texture. I think her fall looks like perm yakky hair, while mine looks closer to European silky.... (but without that awful, weavey shine!)

If i were you, i would just try it on, blend it with a comb, and see how comfortable you are with it. If you can, maybe you should bring a close and trusted girlfriend with you to give her opinion of how natural it looks/how closely your own texture matches. My guess is that it looks fine, and that you are being extra vigilant (which is not a bad idea). :)

If it matches closely, but not quite.... you could always buy it and then do things to try to match the texture, ie, wash it then roller set it (takes some of the silkiness/shine away)..... or put oil sheen on it or some other products. Or, maybe you can try a different color, like a dark brown (without the blonde streaks). Not sure what color your hair is tho, or if that will match...... But my thinking is the lighter the color of the fall, the thicker the texture.

This is a pic of my girlfriend with the same fall, in brown/blondish. Her own texture is pretty coarse/thick, which blends in with the fall (also thicker, coarser).

1128997105_l.jpg

Kini I've been thinking of purchasing a fall also, can you tell me where in your album you have the info for that fall? Thanks :)

Thanks so much Kini...you're the best! I'm going to buy the fall tomorrow and "work it out" :lol:

I'll be sure to post my pics...hopefully it'll turn out as nice as yours and your beautiful friend. *One thing for sure....my makeup won't look like ya'lls...I have NO makeup sense at all*

breezy said:
Kini I've been thinking of purchasing a fall also, can you tell me where in your album you have the info for that fall? Thanks :)

No prob girl! :) The fall is by Sensationnel. It is called an "instant weave" and the style # is HZ 8003. It is human hair.

When I first bought my fall, I ended up trying it on, and then decided to cut about 4 rows of the tracks out, because it was a little bit too full for me. After that, it was perfect. However, I know some women prefer a very full look, so thats really a subjective thing.

KiniKakes said:
No prob girl! :) The fall is by Sensationnel. It is called an "instant weave" and the style # is HZ 8003. It is human hair.

When I first bought my fall, I ended up trying it on, and then decided to cut about 4 rows of the tracks out, because it was a little bit too full for me. After that, it was perfect. However, I know some women prefer a very full look, so thats really a subjective thing.

Thanks Girl! :)

JenniferMD said:
Thanks so much Kini...you're the best! I'm going to buy the fall tomorrow and "work it out" :lol:

I'll be sure to post my pics...hopefully it'll turn out as nice as yours and your beautiful friend. *One thing for sure....my makeup won't look like ya'lls...I have NO makeup sense at all*

I cant wait to see it Jen!!!!!! The funny thing is it probably wont look too much different from your own hair, which is just gawwww-jus!!!

Yall can wear the heck outta of fall :grin: I didnt see them today at the BSS. I have to go to a bigger place. This will be put in the closet.:lol: once i start fallin it.

mysweetevie said:
Yall can wear the heck outta of fall :grin: I didnt see them today at the BSS. I have to go to a bigger place. This will be put in the closet.:lol: once i start fallin it.

Thanks girl!

Actually I found my fall at one of those Asian-owned wig and hat stores. They carried mainly full wigs, but had a small selection of hair falls/half wigs. I just got lucky!

KiniKakes said:

You got me with the style #. That's the fall I plan on buying next!! I have 8000. Which is the straight human hair one.

I love 8003. Make sure you post a pic. Sorry to hear the lady thought your hair was a wig. I guess its a compliment.:look:

G

KiniKakes said:
Aww, thanks girly!!!!

And yes, that's the one right there!!! (Picture #3). That is a GREAT price, ladies! I paid almost twice that for mine!!! :mad: :lol:

I'm tellin you, gmbshair.com has fantastic prices on falls! I got 2 for $50, including shipping.

BTW Kini, I love that Minnie Mouse outfit on you! Too cute!:thumbsup: Now, 'bout those falls...I just started wearing mine, but the combs (especially in the front) make my scalp a little sore. Is this normal? Maybe I just need to get used to having big combs stuck in my head all day...

The BSS I'm getting my fall from has it for $49.99 so that's perfect! I'm getting SO excited....I'm wearing that fall ALL weekend. :lol:

Has anyone ever ordered from this Golden Mart? I'm really wanting that fall and maybe a bun (I'll probably make my own). TIA!

KiniKakes said:

I have that same fall! I've bought it in more than one color before. The texture does change a bit with the color... I paid 39.99 at the BSS in my area.

Last edited:
This is so great! Oddly enough, I was just checking out THAT SAME FALL to purchase this week when I get paid (I have a high school reunion coming up ;) ) . So, I'm really happy with the great reviews!!!! Thanks, everyone! :)

Last edited:
I only like the human hair pieces. I used to go with my Mama to get falls at the "chinese lady's store" when I was a girl.

KiniKakes said:

Kinikakes, how did you cut the 4 rows of tracks without damaging the fall?

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Has anyone ever ordered from this Golden Mart? I'm really wanting that fall and maybe a bun (I'll probably make my own). TIA!

I did, just last week. Great selection & prices, and I received my order in 2 days.

oldskoolmomma said:
Kinikakes, how did you cut the 4 rows of tracks without damaging the fall?

I just put the fall on a wig head, then lifted and clipped the hair (above) up.... then cut out the layers, one row at a time. I cut the hair as close to the track as possible without cutting the track (because its all stiched together). Im not sure if that makes sense....?

KiniKakes said:

1128997105_l.jpg
Ok, now I want one. That's beautiful.

That is a very beautiful,natural fall. You guys are gonna get me hooked on falls. I purchased about a year ago, but ended giving it to my sister...

I may go tonight and see what I can find. I guess I could change up for my birthday.

OMG! Now I'm scurred! I bought the fall and have somewhere to go tonight and am EXTREMELY scared to wear it outside.

There'll be cameras everywhere and you know flashes pick up the slightest differences in hair textures/colors. :lol:

How does it look? I say go for it! Kinikakes wore hers taking lots
of pictures and I don't believe she had any problems.

JenniferMD said:
OMG! Now I'm scurred! I bought the fall and have somewhere to go tonight and am EXTREMELY scared to wear it outside.

There'll be cameras everywhere and you know flashes pick up the slightest differences in hair textures/colors. :lol:

Jen!!!! Do it, do it, do it!!!!!!!!! What better way to break that fall in!!??? I say rock that jont tonight!!!!!! :grin:

Back