Falls are not for short hair ladies only!

Another pic of my gf's fall (same one i have, but in brown) and mine. Sorry so big.

m2954463.jpg

m60099296.jpg

m60099472.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the Golden Mart info! I'll order from there if I don't find a cheap one locally.

Okay, so Kini cut out some tracks! I knew there was a difference but couldn't put my finger on it! Thanks for sharing before I bought that thing and was mad it looked like a wig on me!!

Talipoohz_Momma said:
Thanks for the Golden Mart info! I'll order from there if I don't find a cheap one locally.

Okay, so Kini cut out some tracks! I knew there was a difference but couldn't put my finger on it! Thanks for sharing before I bought that thing and was mad it looked like a wig on me!!

:lol: Yeah it was a lil too full for me as well. Im all for "big hair" and all, but this was too much for The Kid. :cool:

:lol: It's too late guys

I'm creating the 2HBO tonight (2-Hour-Braid-Out). :lachen: Wish me luck!

I finished braiding my hair, I applied some magic potion and now my hair is wrapped tightly setting in. I have to leave out in two hours so hopefully this will work out...then I'll have share my magic potion.

My fall isn't "falling" like yours kini - or your friends'. It's waaayyyy to curly and I don't own a curling iron to mimic the fake hair. :lol: I took some quick pictures....I'll upload and post them real quick so you guys can see what i was working with. BRB

JenniferMD said:
:lol: It's too late guys

I'm creating the 2HBO tonight (2-Hour-Braid-Out). :lachen: Wish me luck!

I finished braiding my hair, I applied some magic potion and now my hair is wrapped tightly setting in. I have to leave out in two hours so hopefully this will work out...then I'll have share my magic potion.

My fall isn't "falling" like yours kini - or your friends'. It's waaayyyy to curly and I don't own a curling iron to mimic the fake hair. :lol: I took some quick pictures....I'll upload and post them real quick so you guys can see what i was working with. BRB

Aaah yes! i forgot about how curly it is when its new. I had to comb that fall out MAD times, and then hang it on a nail for a few days.... in order for some of that curl to fall out. It looked best after about a week of hanging from a nail. Then it was more like a full, wavy, layered look. So yeah, i know exactly what ure referring to.

I know the braidout is gonna be gorgeous!!!! Either way, share pics with us!!!! :grin:

Oh Kini...I'm SO glad you know what I'm talking about! I thought maybe the product brand changed the style or something. Here are the pics (sorry, I saved them as gifs instead of jpegs so the quality is off):

This is my hair:

what-vi.gif

This is me with the fall:

what2-vi.gif

And this is the back of the fall:

what3-vi.gif

JennMD, it looks great! :D You'll just have to play with it for a while until you feel comfortable.

You can try leaving out different amounts of hair in the front, (a lot or a little). Sometimes I like to wear mine closer to my hair line with about an inch or two of hair left out, then you can curl your hair to make it blend better. Also, you can try pinning the front of your actual hair back/up off your face, with a little clip or bobby pin, that looks really cute. This way you won't have to worry about the fall actually showing. It also helps to use some oil sheen and comb the fall out really well.

Last edited:
Yeah, i see exactly what you mean. It doesnt look "bad" per se, but when its that new out of the packet, its very bunched up and tightly curled. You definitely need to comb thru that bad boy (roughly) and also let it hang for a few days..... it looks so much better when some of that tight curl has fallen out.

Thats exactly how mine looked in the beginning, so dont worry!!!

Then when i do wear it, i use steam rollers in the front of my hair, so that my own hair curls up nicely like the fall. Then it blends in real nice when i comb it back over the fall.

P.S. You are so darn pretty! You look just like a doll!!! :)

JenniferMD said:
Oh Kini...I'm SO glad you know what I'm talking about! I thought maybe the product brand changed the style or something. Here are the pics (sorry, I saved them as gifs instead of jpegs so the quality is off):

This is my hair:

what-vi.gif

This is me with the fall:

what2-vi.gif

And this is the back of the fall:

what3-vi.gif

Awww I liked mines real curly out the pack. :) It also looks good straight with a curl in the end. It's layered nicely. I used to wrap it sometimes.

Awww, thanks Kini!

OK...so Friday night I wore my hair BIG and WILD b/c of course 2 hours wasn't long enough for any type of "crimp" to set in with the braid out. I had to be extremely confident in my look to pull it off and it was a HUGE success!

Here is Friday night:

100_6809-vi.gif

I wanted to duplicate the look for last night (Saturday) but I was working on a project all day and COMPLETELY forgot to braid my hair (I'm retarded...that's the best explanation I can come up with). So, I got frustrated and just WASN'T going to go out. But my girls weren't haven't it....SOOOOO I had to work the magic with the fall. I have NO heating appliances, so I had to place the fall toward the front of my head and wear a headband around the edges. It came out nice.

:lol: Funniest thing...I went to the party and saw bmoreflyygirl! She immediately said "is that the fall?" :lol: Totally ruined my comfort level....but she assured me she only knew because we talked about it here. :lachen:

JenniferMD said:
Awww, thanks Kini!

OK...so Friday night I wore my hair BIG and WILD b/c of course 2 hours wasn't long enough for any type of "crimp" to set in with the braid out. I had to be extremely confident in my look to pull it off and it was a HUGE success!

Here is Friday night:

100_6809-vi.gif

I wanted to duplicate the look for last night (Saturday) but I was working on a project all day and COMPLETELY forgot to braid my hair (I'm retarded...that's the best explanation I can come up with). So, I got frustrated and just WASN'T going to go out. But my girls weren't haven't it....SOOOOO I had to work the magic with the fall. I have NO heating appliances, so I had to place the fall toward the front of my head and wear a headband around the edges. It came out nice.

:lol: Funniest thing...I went to the party and saw bmoreflyygirl! She immediately said "is that the fall?" :lol: Totally ruined my comfort level....but she assured me she only knew because we talked about it here. :lachen:

Gorgeous!! :love:You worked the hell out of it.:lol::yep:

JenniferMD said:

:lachen: :lachen: You could have asked about my fall too Jenn! Cuz I definitely was sporting one with a scarf last night too... Yours looked very pretty!! You look pretty in this picture too!! I like that lipstick! What brand and color is it?

Last edited:
JenniferMD said:
Awww, thanks Kini!

Here is Friday night:

100_6809-vi.gif

Oh Jen, you and your hair look gorgeous. I :love: big hair :D . Did you take any pics with the fall? I actually like he idea of putting it close to the front and using a scarf. It's easy and protects ALL of he hair. Thanks for starting this thread. Me thinks, I need to mozy on over to the BSS :sekret:

Thanks Army! I didn't take my camera but my friends got a few shots...I'll post them when they email them to me. So you're gonna get a fall too? :grin: Which style you looking at?

Bmoreflyygirl...gurrl, I have no makeup knowledge AT ALL. That's not lipstick, that's brown eyeliner and chicken grease. And I didn't know you were wearing a fall. I thought that was a sew-in....it looked nice.

OT: Did you enjoy the party? I hadn't seen Noble tap in YEARS! Me and my girls had a ball and then went to another spot afterwards in Silver Spring. You sure did travel a long ways for that party. :lol:

I asked Kini this question in a PM, perhaps all of us can benefit from the answer on second thought...

I want to wash my Sensationnel HZ 8003 but I'm worried about getting those perfect curls / waves back in there....:ohwell: Any suggestions?? I am really enjoying the heck out of the falls. I have the long straight one, I washed it and used my caruso rollers to get the bump back into it but it doesn't hold a curl. I wonder if this is because it was a straight style to begin with...

Help please laides :)

JenniferMD said:
Thanks Army! I didn't take my camera but my friends got a few shots...I'll post them when they email them to me. So you're gonna get a fall too? :grin: Which style you looking at?

Bmoreflyygirl...gurrl, I have no makeup knowledge AT ALL. That's not lipstick, that's brown eyeliner and chicken grease. And I didn't know you were wearing a fall. I thought that was a sew-in....it looked nice.

OT: Did you enjoy the party? I hadn't seen Noble tap in YEARS! Me and my girls had a ball and then went to another spot afterwards in Silver Spring. You sure did travel a long ways for that party. :lol:

Thanks! Nah it was a wig. A synthetic one at that. Ladies who only like human hair, don't sleep on the synthetic hair! I wear them for a while, get my $19.99 worth and then throw them out. That's all I buy and they look natural! Right now my hair is too short now for me to cornrow it myself. That and my nails are probably too long. So until I get some $ I'll be wigging it for a lil bit. The party was okay at first but by the end I had fun. Actually, I only came to the party because I designed the flyer. I know both of the promoters so I came out to support their event. Technically I wasn't even supposed to be in there because I'm not 21 yet. :lol: Not til next year. But they worried me about coming since I missed the last one. Plus there's no good clubs in Baltimore and it gave me a chance to go out with my friend since she's still in school at CP. I hadn't been down there in a while.

Last edited:
JenniferMD said:
I wanted to try something different so I went out looking to buy one of those gorgeous falls that kinikakes has sported in the past. (It's BEAUTIFUL on her)

I wrote down the brand and style number kinikakes referenced in her album but left the paper at home when I actually got to the store. I decided to go ahead a look at the other styles so I wouldn't be baised. The lady at the counter comes up to me and says, "oh, this [pointing at one of the human hair falls] would look great on you....take off your wig and I'll match your color." :shocked:

I politely told her I was NOT wearing a wig and instead of being embarrassed she was surpised. "What! That's your hair? Then why do you want to buy this?"

I went looking for falls yesterday so I can continue with the April fools Day challenge (buns are getting to be a drag). Anywhoo, the I had the same experience cuz when I tried to get my hair in a wig cap( and of course forgot my bobby pins) the young lady who was helping measked me if my hair was "mine". I said yes but I knew what was coming..."Why are you buying a fall!?!?" I get this everytime I wear phony ponies because my hair is between collar bone and apl. It's a hair thang and they just don't understand!!!:grin:

Back