Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

I've been sick so the last wash and go I did was rushed and not so defined. I will redo it this evening. Do you guys do the loc method on your wash and go?
Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon. I have not tried the loc method.

I've been sick so the last wash and go I did was rushed and not so defined. I will redo it this evening. Do you guys do the loc method on your wash and go?

Hope you feel better! I use the LOC method. I use a leave-in, butter and then a gel. I might skip the butter/oil if I am using a curl styler with a lot of butters or oils in it already.

I've been sick so the last wash and go I did was rushed and not so defined. I will redo it this evening.

Do you guys do the loc method on your wash and go?

Feel better! I sometimes do LO with leave-in and oil, then gel. Sometimes i just do leave-in. My hair doesn't need much sealing because it is low porosity. It will stay wet/damp for days, but i do seal more in Michigan winter.

I've been sick so the last wash and go I did was rushed and not so defined. I will redo it this evening.

Hope you are better now!

I have recently tried the variations to the LOC method and it gives me hair that is so wet it never dries. i do like the feeling of using shea butter in my hair (my current sealant) so i am going to try and make this work.

I recently tried some gel and i didnt like the look, feel or drying time so i am strictly using creamy stylers and shea butter

Hope you're feeling better! I didn't realize it but I am doing the loc method. I'm using danabnatural's method of applying argan oil under my gel and it is working really well for me. Dries very soft.

Got my hair done at salon today. Got it dyed to cover the grey, got steam hydration and got a wash n go.

Attachments

• image-2435750714.jpg
    image-2435750714.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 118
  • image-84704658.jpg
    image-84704658.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 116
I wanna join!! :grin:

Regimen:
DC 1x a week
Shampoo 2x a month
Cowash 1-2x a week

Poo or cowash and DC on the weekend. During the week, either cowash or rinse and condition then apply leave-in, and use either gel or conditioner as a styler.

Products: ETA
Poo: SM Deep Cleansing, ORS Aloe
Cowash: Pantene Cowash, L'Oreal EverCreme
Condish: Aussie Moist, SSE Pomegranate Curl Quenching
DC: EBW Jojoba Monoi, SSE Okra Reconstructor, L'Oreal Total 5 Balm & Power Moisture Mask
Leave-in: Giovanni condish, V05 Strawberries & Cream
Styler: Ecostyler Gel Pink, Fantasia IC Gel, AO B5 gel, Aussie Moist, Giovanni condish

Goals:
Reach SL by March
DC weekly
Let go of heat training dreams :look:

20140926_212430.jpg

Today's Wash n'go
20141012_165837.jpg

20141012_165854.jpg

Last edited:
Happy with how my hair turned out today. Glad I got it dyed yesterday not a grey hair in sight. I used design essentials leave in and gel again. I'm really starting to like this combo. Funny note: hair dresser used the same products yesterday. I like my results better.

Attachments

• image-3230973657.jpg
    image-3230973657.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image-1836933486.jpg
    image-1836933486.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 104
I did something a little different today. I applied APB Green Tea and Aloe oil to my hair after detangling with SM Purification Masque and let it sit for about an hour. Then while DCing I applied APB Ayurvedic oil to my scalp and then rinse a while later.

My hair was pretty soft during the whole wash day process. Well see if my scalp doesn't get as dry this week.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to keep my hair at this length and give my nape a chance to try and catch up or grow the cut out.

FINALLY!

So did my wng but I used some different products this time. I got some samples of a new product called hair envy. After I washed with my Aussie moist I applied hair envy styling butter topped with my cantu leave in. Then I applied hair envy perfect curls gellee. I typically dont use gel unless I'm going out (like to the club where it can get hot or during monsoon humidity) but I used it cause I wanted to try it :) I like how my hair feels. Not sticky or crunchy, just right.
Me and my hair arent very photogenic right now but here are some pix

Pix are from today after almost a 10 hr shift

ForumRunner_20141012_171147.jpg

ForumRunner_20141012_171201.jpg

ForumRunner_20141012_171215.jpg

ForumRunner_20141012_171228.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

FINALLY! So did my wng but I used some different products this time. I got some samples of a new product called hair envy. After I washed with my Aussie moist I applied hair envy styling butter topped with my cantu leave in. Then I applied hair envy perfect curls gellee. I typically dont use gel unless I'm going out (like to the club where it can get hot or during monsoon humidity) but I used it cause I wanted to try it :) I like how my hair feels. Not sticky or crunchy, just right. Me and my hair arent very photogenic right now but here are some pix Pix are from today after almost a 10 hr shift Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos
OMG...love it, girl! You and your hair look beautiful. Might have to look into some Hair Envy.

OMG...love it, girl! You and your hair look beautiful. Might have to look into some Hair Envy.

Thank you ^_^
So far I like the stuff I've used. I also have some oil, another type of gel, and a moisturizing spray from them to try.

I love the scent. Very tropical but light and not overwhelming

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

I wanna join!! :grin:

Regimen:
DC with protein 1x a week
Shampoo 2x a month
Cowash 1-2x a week

Apply leave-in, and use either gel, custard, or creme styler.

Products:
I've finally used up products, and I'm at the bottoms of a couple of things. I'm going to hit up Walmart and give the whole Cantu for Natural Hair line a try. If that fails, I'll go with a mix of Eden Bodyworks and random stuff.
I'll be back to to update products later.

Goals:
Reach SL by March
Let go of heat training dreams :look:

hoorayy!! you joined :3 beautiful hair, looks lush and healthy

hoorayy!! you joined :3 beautiful hair, looks lush and healthy

Thank you :grin:.

I have this dream of being able to get everything my hair needs from one one the ground product line. I really want it to be Eden BW's because it's easy to find, black owned, and won't leave me poor :lol:. I love the Tea Tree shampoo, Jojoba Monoi DC :lick: and Curling Creme :lick: , but hated the leave-in and I can't remember how I felt about the Cowash. I could see if Cantu can supplement what I'm missing.

Does anyone only use products from 1 or 2 lines?

Thank you :grin:. I have this dream of being able to get everything my hair needs from one one the ground product line. I really want it to be Eden BW's because it's easy to find, black owned, and won't leave me poor :lol:. I love the Tea Tree shampoo, Jojoba Monoi DC :lick: and Curling Creme :lick: , but hated the leave-in and I can't remember how I felt about the Cowash. I could see if Cantu can supplement what I'm missing. Does anyone only use products from 1 or 2 lines?
I use different lines and they are all on the ground because I like the convenience of having things on the ground. I primarily use Aussie moist conditioner, as I am, shea moisture, curls unleashed, curls, design essentials, eden body works, and fruit of the earth aloe vera gel. When I do my hair I will co wash with one of the conditioners then use one of my stylers. This has worked for me so far.

Thank you :grin:.

I have this dream of being able to get everything my hair needs from one one the ground product line. I really want it to be Eden BW's because it's easy to find, black owned, and won't leave me poor :lol:. I love the Tea Tree shampoo, Jojoba Monoi DC :lick: and Curling Creme :lick: , but hated the leave-in and I can't remember how I felt about the Cowash. I could see if Cantu can supplement what I'm missing.

Does anyone only use products from 1 or 2 lines?

Currently 90% of my current products are from the novex line. I LOVE their products. In 2015 I'm sticking with what I have and not jumping around so much.

Well, my go splurge on hair products idea just went up in smoke. Broke college student doesn't have those kinda funds :lachen:. Thankfully, I still have a mixed match stash to use up. Plus after that I can give homemade products a try. I really want to make a perfect fsg and leave-in :lick:

Let me go edit my initial post :lol:

2nd Day Hair, used Kinky Kashmere All-In-One Conditioner, Natural Girls Rock Avocado Oil and Xtreme Wetline Gel.

Attachments

• image-2784930919.jpg
    image-2784930919.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 143
what had happened was...I still didn't wash my hair :look: still rocking that old wash and go that wasn't very defined. My scalp was dry the other day so I just greased it with vatika oil, stepped in hot shower and the steam reactivated my curls very nicely. I'm still planning on washing my hair though :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2014-10-13 19.40.12.jpg
    2014-10-13 19.40.12.jpg
    412.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 2014-10-13 19.40.38.jpg
    2014-10-13 19.40.38.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 132
Wng using Camille rose AJTB and Garnier pure clean gel. I loved the definition and the consistency of this gel. It didn't dry too crunchy either. Really pretty smell.
image-3506193503.jpg
image-941488668.jpg
Next time I'll apply it differently though... Shingling with it gave my curls a "stringy" look. I prefer chunkier clumping.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-3651688683.jpg
    image-3651688683.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 124
I am on day 3 of a wash and go

The first day I washed sulfate free, deep conditioned, finger combed, moisturized and put it in a bun. Wore it in a bun all day for it to dry.

Yesterday in the morning I let my bun loose and used some gel to define

Last night I put my hair in 5 twists, shook it out this morning, and moisturized with a hair cream.

3 days of stress free wash and go hair.

First pic, second day hair from yesterday. Washed my hair last night--second pic, today's hair.

Attachments

• IMAG1608 (1).jpg
    IMAG1608 (1).jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 132
  • IMAG1622.jpg
    IMAG1622.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 112
Yes. Like in a gallon with a pump lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Actually the whole lineis FAB minus the shampoo. I dont use shampoo so I never got it. The conditioner, paste and gel together. Smh im going to have to revisit.

I would knock down some folks for a gallon of Pure gel :lol:!!! I looooove the Pure line, but I wish there was a leave-in or DC :lick:. My inner pj is itching to get out so badly!!! But Imma be strong!!

I woke up today and decided that I'm not using direct heat until my 3rd year. I was thinking of my hair idols (Zhara, 1Ballerina, Naptural85, and Ellepixie), and they all use no to very little heat, have super simple routines, and use very few, all natural products (Ellepixie is the only pj :lol:). I've been on this track before and it works for me. By taking out heat and scissors, I can make WL by my 3rd year :lick:

Yesterday was my induction date, so I washed my hair with black soap and Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship. Then I put in Oyin Hair Dew, and then I ran Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic (old formula) through my ends and used Eco Argan oil on my edges. Then i put it up in a top knot bun.

My hair will probably stay like this till i get home and settled.

ForumRunner_20141015_190505.jpg

I would knock down some folks for a gallon of Pure gel :lol:!!! I looooove the Pure line, but I wish there was a leave-in or DC :lick:. My inner pj is itching to get out so badly!!! But Imma be strong!! I woke up today and decided that I'm not using direct heat until my 3rd year. I was thinking of my hair idols (Zhara, 1Ballerina, Naptural85, and Ellepixie), and they all use no to very little heat, have super simple routines, and use very few, all natural products (Ellepixie is the only pj :lol:). I've been on this track before and it works for me. By taking out heat and scissors, I can make WL by my 3rd year :lick:

I've done the same thing. I haven't had a blow out or flat ironed my hair since I've been natural (2.5 years). I am waiting for my three year anniversary.

Back