Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

I haven't mastered 2nd day hair yet. I think I may be able to get it with ecostyler. If it doesn't look right tomorrow I will retry with more ecostyler I thought I was using a lot but it is fully dry and I did not have a gel cast. I was prepared to have one and I was going to scrunch it out but I think I may not have used enough gel.

stepanie75miller, have you tried wetting you hair in the morning and shaking it out? When my hair was your length, I would quickly dunk my head under shower spray, let it dampen in the shower and then after a few minutes shake it out. I usually got 2-3 day hair that way even if it was crushed to my scalp overnight.

stepanie75miller, have you tried wetting you hair in the morning and shaking it out? When my hair was your length, I would quickly dunk my head under shower spray, let it dampen in the shower and then after a few minutes shake it out. I usually got 2-3 day hair that way even if it was crushed to my scalp overnight.
to tell the truth I've never realty try to preserve in the morning I take my bonnet off and look at it all stuck to my head just figure I have to start over. I will try this tomorrow.

has anyone ever tried the Renpure Organics Coconut Creme Curling Jelly Styling Gel?

300.JPG

So I technically got 2nd day hair. I spritzed my hair last night and put a plastic cap on before bed. This morning took it off and fluffed. It look good. However I went to the gym and it is now an Afro which is fine but not the look I want so I'm about redo it.

Happy New Year ladies! I'm kinda late :look: lol

I used Ampro Pro Styl Argan Oil gel (protein free) and smoothed only, no raking. The definition that I got with this gel is pretty crazy.

phpqD8dKY1412781611.jpg

my results

The gel smells very good, like a nice, light perfume. I love the consistency--the gel is very thick and it super clumped my curls. The hold is very flexible and my hair doesn't feel crispy/dry at all. The real test is how it rinses out b/c that can make or break a product for me (I hate when I rinse out a product and my hair feels stripped, extra dry, etc.)

:love:

Ive gotta try this stuff! Maybe ill try it one i get out of this wig phase.

whiteoleander91 have you heard of the Image line gels? I wanted to try the shine plus gel, the gelaqua, the widebody and the fixative. I wonder if they will work well on afro hair. I will probably go back to the curls when spring hits so if you are intersted i will keep you posted. The products from this line look really good

:love:

Ive gotta try this stuff! Maybe ill try it one i get out of this wig phase.

whiteoleander91 have you heard of the Image line gels? I wanted to try the shine plus gel, the gelaqua, the widebody and the fixative. I wonder if they will work well on afro hair. I will probably go back to the curls when spring hits so if you are intersted i will keep you posted. The products from this line look really good

Hey Missy!! No, I haven't heard of those gels before! Please do keep me posted, I'm doing through a gel trying phase lol Napp if you try the ampro gel let me know how you like it!

Today is wash day. I will be back to my natural curls after having a blowout one week and a curlformer set the next.

I'll just cowash really thoroughly and use leave in today.

stephanie75miller that's looking good. What did it look like the next day. For whatever reasons, I only get 3 day hold at best whenever I use a gel. I haven't tried ecostyler yet, so let me know your 3rd day results.

If you want a clarifying conditioner to cowash for your wash and go, I suggest Suave Naturals Clarifying Conditioner. It cleaned super well, has no fuss ingredients and smells good like some classic Pantene.

whiteoleander91 where did you get the ampro argan oil gel?

I went online and its expensive with shipping and i know ampro gels are usually cheap. I wonder if i should just wait for it to come out near me. Also did it dry soft or did it have a crunch to it? Did you use a leave in under it?

whiteoleander91 where did you get the ampro argan oil gel?

I went online and its expensive with shipping and i know ampro gels are usually cheap. I wonder if i should just wait for it to come out near me. Also did it dry soft or did it have a crunch to it? Did you use a leave in under it?

Napp I got free small samples at the BSS, but I went to the Ampro website and ordered 3 small jars (10oz each) and payed I think $13 overall. The hold is very firm, but not crispy if that makes sense. When I rub my fingers over my ends, for example, they soften and bend very easily. The first time I used AIA leave-in, the second time I used safflower oil. I'm not sure that you have to use a leave-in though, it's just something that I decided to do. It's not drying like Eco...I wish I had something to compare it to. A little goes a long way.

Nope. But I am going to look for this. I've tried their cleansers and really like them. Now they've got a curling gel. That's exciting.

I know!! When I saw it I was like aaaaaawww gotta try dis lol. They have it on Walgreens website, I'm not sure if you can get it on the ground. I need to at least try and get through some of my stuff before I try it, but I can't wait! Let me know how you like it!!!

speaking of using up hurr produks :look:

from a few weeks ago: a couple of pics of my wash and go using AIA curling jelly. my hair felt very soft and moisturized.

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 68
Finally took my puff down and redid my wash and go. I'm rolling with the Jane Carter. It left my hair a little dry last time so I left my CJ Curl Rehab in underneath.

Attachments

• image-1043359575.jpg
    image-1043359575.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 60
tapioca_pudding, I know I'm late, but welcome to the natural side :grin:!!!!

I've still been doing wash n'gos, but I haven't regular gel in awhile. I've been using my homemade flaxseed gel, but it dries my hair out :ohwell:.

whiteoleander91, your wash n'go is poppin' and lockin', and is going to make me whip out my jar of gel :lol:

I've been a little silent because it's so cold here. Last week, the real feel was -25 and I was afraid my hair might freeze.

I did a wash and go with UFD Curly Magic (original formula), then put it up in a bun with Pink Eco. I've noticed my buns are sleeker when i rake through a slippery gel, then use eco on the edges. I forgot to take pictures, but it wasn't exciting anyway.

I do my hair at night, so I basically never have Day One hair. Here's today's look from last night's WNG:

hair 01122015.jpg

Cowash with V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying condition
Semi permanent color - Clairol advanced gray solution in rich dark brown
Conditioned with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner
Jojoba oil
Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk (realized at the last minute that I was out of Giovanni leave in :sad:)
Eco Styler Olive Oil gel
Air dry

This morning it got some steam from the shower, and then I sprayed it with some Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Hold and Shine Moisture Mist.

Other than the clarifying conditioner, everything else was completely different than anything else I've used or done. No heat, I smoothed the milk and gel through my hair instead of raking it, and I actually sectioned my hair to make sure that product was better distributed.

If you want a clarifying conditioner to cowash for your wash and go, I suggest Suave Naturals Clarifying Conditioner. It cleaned super well, has no fuss ingredients and smells good like some classic Pantene.

i love this conditioner. Always have bottle in my stash. Very moisturizing too

So even though my hair is still short, I realize that I need to take the time to shingle my products through instead of just rubbing them into my head haphazardly. :lol: I end up with frizzy curls that way. It takes a bit longer to shingle but nothing horrible. Still tinkering with products. I ordered some of that Argan Ampro gel online, I can't wait til it gets here. I've been using the Dark and Lovely 10 n 1 gel stuff since I bc'd and it's "okay" but doesn't really give much definition. I really want to order the Agadir gel since I heard good things from Mo Knows Hair.

This weekend I brought somethings on the spur of the moment. They weren't even on my list of things I want to try. I got elasta qp leave in conditioner and elasta qp curling pudding. They are both in the oil & mango line they smell really good. I usually don't like puddings but it smelled so good. I also got some random curl lotion. I haven't tried any of these yet. I will report back when I do.

Last edited:
This weekend I brought somethings on the spur of the moment. They weren't even on my list of things I want to try. I got elasta qp leave in conditioner and elasta qp curling pudding. They are both in the oil & mango line they smell really good. I usually don't like puddings but it smelled so good. I also got some random curl lotion. I haven't tried any of these yet. I will report back when I do.

I love the curling pudding. I get nice soft, defined wash and goes with this. And the moisturizer is the best. I had the leave in but ran out. It was great as well. But hands down the moisturizer is amazing. Buttery soft hair for days. The curl pudding is also good for mixing with a little water to refresh hair later in the week. I have fine hair and even when I used all three together my hair wasn't weighed down or anything.

Hey ladies, I think I'm going to take a break from WnGs to experiment with rollersets to get me through this awkward stage.

I'm so happy with how it came out I had to share.

I'll still be lurking and drooling over all the gorgeous hair up in here.

image-3597354002.jpg

Hey ladies, I think I'm going to take a break from WnGs to experiment with rollersets to get me through this awkward stage. I'm so happy with how it came out I had to share. I'll still be lurking and drooling over all the gorgeous hair up in here.
looks good I keep saying I going to try roller setting but I'm lazy.

I did my wng last night to avoid having super wet hair today. Used my usual trader joes conditioner and added my new dabur Amla oil, slept in a bun. Hair feels really soft and has lots of movement. I think I'll be doing my hair at night more often!

Doing my hair at night is just not worth the trouble. It never looks the way I want it to the next morning regardless of the gel I use. I need to come up with a better plan.

Back