Fall/Winter Cowashing?

silenttullip

My scalp is kinda dry in the later months and I always hear people cowashing after a workout or in summer but I rather cowash in winter because it helps me keep the moisture. Anyone else cowash year round or in cooler mths? Any reason why?

My scalp is kinda dry in the later months and I always hear people cowashing after a workout or in summer but I rather cowash in winter because it helps me keep the moisture. Anyone else cowash year round or in cooler mths? Any reason why?

I cowash everyday all year long but I am not going outside. but I know if you have a dryer to sit under I don't see the problem about the cold. but when I use to work outside the house I would still go out with wet hair but my body was use to it so I didn't get sick from it.

but I do it everyday i just don't feel right if I don't wet my hair everyday. wetting my hair allows me to use castor oil at night because I am going to rinsing the oil from my scalp the next day.

I do!
I keep my hair cornrowed during the cooler months and I water rinse or cowash daily. I rock wigs and headwraps during that time as well to protect my hair from the freezing temps. HTH! :)

I do it. in the colder months, I co-wash during my evening shower and put a t-shirt on for a while then I let it air dry and put on a bonnet; in the morning I just spritz with water, moisturize and put on the t-shirt again and then air dry.

I cowash year-round. I just change WHEN I do it. In the cooler months I cowash in the evening instead of in the morning, to avoid wet hair.

for you natural ladies, how do you wear out after you co-wash? Detangling takes me way too long and I wouldn't want shrinkage after

I cowash year round also.

The difference is in the winter I cowash the night before so my hair can dry overnight so that I wont risk going out with wet hair in the cold. I also do more braid/twist outs to help with tangling in protective styles and for setting my hair for bed.

Back