Failed Dominican blowout attempts?

Lovelylocs

Has anyone not been successful at a dominican blowout that they did at home? It seems so simple. It is just a rollerset, some blowing of the roots, and a wrap. Is it hard? Can u tell us your story?

It seems so simple but for me to do on my own it was hard to do and didn't come out right. My roots were nowhere near as straight n silky as it was when I got it done at the salon.

Problem 1 was I don't really know how to rollerset, so that was already messed up from jump. Problem 2 is that my hooded dryer which can normally accomodate my big head could not accomodate my big head and the big rollers. Problem 3 was blowing out while using a round brush took too much arm and wrist dexterity that I DO NOT have.

It wouldn't call it a disaster b/c my hair didn't look worse than when it started or worse than it ever had, but it was definitely NOT like the salon experience and for that reason I would probably not even bother doing it on my own again.

Thanks for the reply, NCQT16!
I don't know if I know how to rolerset my hair like they do. What problems did u have?
Do u have to rollerset it into a certain pattern?

Back