Fab's 1st Ponytail Rollerset

It came out nice, you did a good job

ETA: Don't you just love that Morrocan oil, I'm almost out!

Thanks so much! Yes! I love Morrocan oil. I love everything about it! The consistency and especially the smell!

Very Pretty! You did a good job. I like how you styled it.

Thanks, this is my everyday look, I always pin it back.. but those bumpits my PJ tail bought a few weeks ago helps a lot and makes it much quicker.

That came out so good....Lovin your shirt by the way...

Thanks Traycee!! I am in love with your hair.. I have made that my ultimate goal! Arden B! I love that store!

Everytime I see your hair, I start :drool:...

Great motivation!

Nice rollerset, OP. I need to find that link asap.

LOL! Thank you so much! It needs to be perfected, these roots are entirely too wavy.. I hope having it wrapped last night straightens them out a bit. I think someone posted it already, but Sparkling Flame's user name on YT is "caisha".

First - Thanks for the "shout-out"

Now back to the rollerset and results...Girl - Look at You!!! Your hair looks great!!! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthyTrial and error, chica - Rome was not built in a day!!

Thanks babe! I'm gonna keep trying, but maybe I'll change my hair appts to biweekly instead of weekly so I can get some practice. I'm telling you.. the ponytails are what saved me! Who ever came up with that... Thankyajesus! That first time .. I still have nightmares.

I know u are not trippin' about that bathroom - all I can say is "Welcome to my world":lachen:That Moroccann oil is the truth - my stylist applied it to my hair right before she set my hair - good stuff.

I'm such a hypo! I hate seeing nasty bathrooms and people are all posting it on the internet! I talk about them. Now I'm one of them. I wanted to take it before I left, because when I got home I know it was gonna be a WRAP! And I'm notoriously always late :ohwell:

I don't even know why you frontin', u know you are just the "flyness" - the hair workin' with that jean ensemble!!!:Flahsssss

Awwww thanks!! I am a high end jean junkie.. yall think I'm crazy about products... you can't even IMAGINE my denim fetish...:lachen::lachen: It's very scary.

The only problem is that my hair wasn't all the way dry where the bands had been in the middle.. So I had to dry those pieces when I cut the bands out... plus the middle back is waved up at the roots on the inside.. I didn't have time to flat iron where people couldn't see.. lol..

I think if I do it again I will use smaller bands (so the hair holding the band can get dry), the purple rollers, and hopefully next time I'll have time to do a saran wrap.. because I'm 11 weeks post.. maybe that will help with the roots.
well it looks really pretty, and that shirt u have on is fiya! :grin:
I never tried my pony roller set like that, i just do 4 ponys but thats because i am home most of the time and I keep my hair in a bun everyday..but the way you did it seems more like an actual roller set...i like the way the curls came out too..
what bands did u use? the lil clear plastics or the black plastic?

[

Thanks, this is my everyday look, I always pin it back.. but those bumpits my PJ tail bought a few weeks ago helps a lot and makes it much quicker.

where did u get those bumpits?..thats cute..

:yay: It came out just lovely!! Ya done good ;)
:master:

:grouphug:

well it looks really pretty, and that shirt u have on is fiya! :grin:
I never tried my pony roller set like that, i just do 4 ponys but thats because i am home most of the time and I keep my hair in a bun everyday..but the way you did it seems more like an actual roller set...i like the way the curls came out too..
what bands did u use? the lil clear plastics or the black plastic?

Yeah, I did it just like SF's YT. She has like 3 times the amount of hair that I have .. so she had about 7 sections with 2 or 3 rollers on each section. I had about 7 with one roller. I'm sure with a fresh relaxer this will be easier. It still took me a little longer to pull this off then it would've been to just blow dry and flat iron. But it's okay if its making my hair healthier. :grin: Yeah those curls required a lot of manipulation. They were sooo tight. And then when I first unrolled them, they felt a lil crunchy? but then after I had combed it out and wrapped it with the oil... they were soft.. So then I just had to manipulate the curls.. (Btw) who does all this right before they're about to go somewhere is what my friends said.. they're salonheads.. they didn't get my achievement..:lachen::lachen:

I used the thicker ouchless bands.. next time I will use the skinnier ones..

[

where did u get those bumpits?..thats cute..

http://www.bighappiehair.com/index.html

I used the mini one. I have practiced with the bigger ones with a headband and they were cute too...

YES MA'AM...that's what I'm talking about. You did a good job. I was so inspired by the pony tail rollerset, I went to wally world and got 3 different sized rubber bands to try it that way this time :)

YES MA'AM...that's what I'm talking about. You did a good job. I was so inspired by the pony tail rollerset, I went to wally world and got 3 different sized rubber bands to try it that way this time :)
Thanks! I'll be going there too.. I just use them for buns and ponys so I got the big ones...the little ones will probably work so well.. but do they have them in the "ouchless" without the metal? Plus.. since I'm cutting these suckers up.. I hope they are cheap..:lachen:

Gorgeous!!!! Hey is that a Blackberry Curve 8830?
Thanks lady. Nope, it's my HTC Touch Professional with a black silicone case.. (I'm rough on a phone...ask asummertyme...lol)

You did a GREAT job~!! Your hair is simply......*FAB*!!!!! :grin:

Now what is this moroccan oil that you speak of?!!

While I'm at it, I'm adding the bumpits to my 'to buy this week' list!! I just checked out the link, and I definitely could use a couple of those in my stash!

Again..your hair turned out really pretty! :yep:

Fab, your hair looks great! :grin: I've been practising pony rollersets for a couple of months now and it's a great alternative to standard rollersetting (which I don't think I could do to save my life).

I have one question - when you rolled, did you roll downwards or upwards? I tend to roll upwards but maybe that's my mistake.

I must check out Sparkling Flame's YT vid now as your hair looks wonderful :yep:

Cairo
x

You did a GREAT job~!! Your hair is simply......*FAB*!!!!! :grin:

Now what is this moroccan oil that you speak of?!!

While I'm at it, I'm adding the bumpits to my 'to buy this week' list!! I just checked out the link, and I definitely could use a couple of those in my stash!

Again..your hair turned out really pretty! :yep:

Thank you so much!

http://www.moroccanoil.com/haircare.htm

I got mine..of course on EBAY.. y'all know I live on there. Okay, the bumpits are the truth.. the mini bumpits are cute... I put two side by side when I want that "back bang" area to be wider. Big happy hair has fast shipping.. I ordered them on a Wed night and had them by that Saturday! I don't think I could make the hollywood sized ones work unless I had some more hair..lol.. but a lot of girls on here could make it work; it would probably be so cute.

Fab, your hair looks great! :grin: I've been practising pony rollersets for a couple of months now and it's a great alternative to standard rollersetting (which I don't think I could do to save my life).

I have one question - when you rolled, did you roll downwards or upwards? I tend to roll upwards but maybe that's my mistake.

I must check out Sparkling Flame's YT vid now as your hair looks wonderful :yep:

Cairo
x

Thanks girl! After a few of these, I think I will try the regular way again.. my problem was clip placement. I rolled the bang part down for a regular curl.. and alternated..sides I rolled up..back I rolled down. Middle.. up and down.They were going all whichaway until I combed it..but bc the rollers were so small.. it had a lot of curl so I could play with them and when I combed it out .. it still had plenty of curls.

Thanks lady. Nope, it's my HTC Touch Professional with a black silicone case.. (I'm rough on a phone...ask asummertyme...lol)[/quote]

:grin::grin: ummhmmm..i just got a hard case for the mogul from ebay with a zebra print, but i think the silicone would be a better bet..:yep:

Pics... first of all... I gotta take a line from Sparkling Flame...
"Excuse my junky house".. :lachen::lachen: I was in a hurry and I was throwing rollers and make up everywhere so I could get out the house. The red rollers had that sucker tiiiiight. I might use purple next time.. I want it to have some curl on the end. It's still pretty puffy on the inside .... but I straightened the edges with a flat iron and wrapped it. It's really soft.. this is the first time I've done my hair to wear down without blow drying... I'm happy with it.

34jdoj9.jpg

2s0lsoj.jpg

Girl that's cute! We have to become friends so I can come over and you can show me how to do it IRL! :grin:

Girl that's cute! We have to become friends so I can come over and you can show me how to do it IRL! :grin:

LOL! Girl any time.. I got hair products GALORE over here..

so pretty!!!

and whatchu talkin bout? You have lots of hair!

Thanks! I don't have hair like y'all have hair :lachen::lachen:.. oodles and oodles of hair that goes on for days.. I was just looking at SF's you tube like she has like 5x the amount of hair I have and she's able to do it quick and fast; I should be able to do it super fast. I mean her bang ponytail was like BSL.. I'm like good lawd that's a lot of hair!

You look fab, fab:grin:. Good job but may I draw your attention to this here thread and your "first" rollerset?:grin::lachen:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=303553&highlight=fabulosity

Thanks! LOL! Uhh yeah.. that's why I called this one my 1st Ponytail rollerset as my smart tail attempted to do it the traditional way and failed miserably. I also shouted out Sqzbly1908 for continuing to encourage me to try one after that debacle.. lol.. And yes that original attempt still gives me nightmares. I said I would try again next year.. and I did.. lol...:lachen::lachen:

Pics... first of all... I gotta take a line from Sparkling Flame...
"Excuse my junky house".. :lachen::lachen: I was in a hurry and I was throwing rollers and make up everywhere so I could get out the house. The red rollers had that sucker tiiiiight. I might use purple next time.. I want it to have some curl on the end. It's still pretty puffy on the inside .... but I straightened the edges with a flat iron and wrapped it. It's really soft.. this is the first time I've done my hair to wear down without blow drying... I'm happy with it.

34jdoj9.jpg

2s0lsoj.jpg

Oooh, it came out beautifully!!!

Fabulosity is that your boot in the hallway? LOL

hilarious! No.. that's my Old Navy mukluks.. girl... it was -15 here yesterday.. them suckers is warm.. my mama couldn't find the ones I wanted at VS so she got those.. LMAO.. cheapo!:lachen: But I love them all the same.. I would wear them outside if I could.. they are so comfy..

And stop looking all in the background..<<kidding>> I do that **** too!! :sekret: :lachen:

Back