Extremly New Member

jtluv31

I need all of yall expertise. I always had long hair all my life but it seems as I grow older it all went down hill. I need info on thickning my hair because its thining and how to keep it healthy with length, at the moment my hair is right below my neck to me not very long but my biggest problem is my thinning edges please help I am here to listen I think it will be best if I work on it myself instead of <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> frequently going to a hair dresser, any suggestions and products I could use will be greatfully appreciated Thanks
JT

EVOO on your ends and protective styles. Oh yea... WELCOME!
newbie.gif

Welcome Jtluv31!
wave.gif
As Aerie17 said, please let us know what your current regimen is. Hair type too, if you know it.

Use moisture products, minimal heat, minimal manipulation good nutrition.
I personally have to disagree about the EVOO- it made my hair brittle enough to break of in my hands as I was applying it.

avoid styles like ponytails and braids that cause stress on the hair line. if you can eliminate your usage of heat(just go cold turkey).
do you wrap your hair at night? that could be one of the reasons for the thinning hairline

Also... do you relax, how often, what do you use and how is it applied? Or are you natural?

Do you color your hair at all? Press? Blowdry?

[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:
I personally have to disagree about the EVOO- it made my hair brittle enough to break of in my hands as I was applying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one....I think coconut oil is better personally, but you have to find what works for you.

[ QUOTE ]
bettydavis said:
[ QUOTE ]
mermaid said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one....I think coconut oil is better personally, but you have to find what works for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

EVOO makes my hair hard when I apply it on dry hair as a pretreatment so I don't do it as much. But a small amount works great especially on my ends after I wash and deep condition. My ends feel totally smooth and feathery.
lachen70.gif
I didn't catch your hair types, maybe that has something to do with it.
ohwell.gif

Oh yea...I have been thinking about using coconut or jojoba* oil. Do you have any recommendations?
confused.gif

I have so many types of hair that I can't say I am any one type- I have from 2b-4b in my hair, literally. Talk about difficult to find a product that handles it all. My hair is relaxer free since the mid-90's and I will say that a good number of what works wonderfully for the majority here on the board just doesn't have the desired effect on mine.
I haven't used coconut or jojoba yet as the mixture of thick rinse out conditioners used as a leave-in with Proclaim 7 blend oil is working fantastic; glossy shine, baby softness and manageability. Yee-haw!

I do wrap my hair at night I never knew I was not suppose to, so what should I do to my hair at night, and how should I dry my hair after washing I don't have much of a problem eliminating the heat all together. I just relaxed my hair with pink oil moisturizer relaxer. Thanks for your help and post to all...........

Back