Newbie Please Help

SimplyBlessed

Hello Ladies!!! I am soooo excited to be here!!!

Anyway lets get down to business...I'm a natural (maybe 3c idk) who has NEVER in my whole life had a perm, but my hair is in need of some help. I never really embraced my curls so a combo of heat and sew ins has left my hair in a MESS!!!

I finally decied to stop getting sew ins the other day and although my hair grew, it is VERY THIN and my edges are a MESS . So LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP!!

WHAT CAN I DO TO THICKEN MY HAIR, GROW IN MY EDGES, HOW SHOULD I USE CASTOR OIL TO HELP, AND WHAT PRODUCTS WILL HELP MY NATURAL CURLS HOLD AND TAME FRIZZ?

Products i'm planning on using:

Poo: CON or NTM (idk)
Con: Nexxus Hum...
Leave in: NTM
Clarifying: ION
Protein treatments: Aphoge (spelling )
Edges: Nexxus biotin cream
Oils: WGO Light

here's pics after a press from salon:
mail.jpg

hair.jpg

edges.jpg

Hello Ladies!!! I am soooo excited to be here!!
WHAT CAN I DO TO THICKEN MY HAIR, GROW IN MY EDGES, HOW SHOULD I USE CASTOR OIL TO HELP, AND WHAT PRODUCTS WILL HELP MY NATURAL CURLS HOLD AND TAME FRIZZ?

Hi and Welcome to the board!!!! I'm not natural and I'm sure more ladies will chime in to help you with your journey. I've seen ladies on the board talk about massaging castor oil into their edges to help stimulate and thicken them up....HTH

I see from the last picture that the thinning around the edges is pretty serious. I can't tell you anything about what you should do for 3c virgin hair. However, I have seen progress for thinning hair with the use of Boundless Tresses and Vatika Coconut Oil. Some have also said Mega-Tek, Monostat?, and various other products. If you do not have a sensitivity to sulpher, I reccomend the Boundless Tresses.

Welcome. Nice Hair...I've been going through major hairline loss myself. Last month, my left side had no hair in the front due to the comb that I was using in my wigs:perplexed. I've massaging olive oil one week, MT the next and a little MN. My hairline is almost filled back in like it never dissappeared:grin:. I say first try massaging the castor oil on your edges for awhile, if that doesn't work, you should try a growth aid..Worked wonders for me in the matter of weeks. Good Luck.

Although i have not tried,

Natural Products that helps thicken hair:
Ayurveda products....it appears that it has made my moms thin hair much thicker!
(jamaican black)Castor Oil.
Vitamins: MSM, B-complex, Biotin.
Scalp massages.

Non natural products:
Mega-Tex
M-T-G
Miconazole Nitrate

Im pretty sure theres more stuff out there.

lol I'm soo glad I stopped lurking and subscribed y'all are great!! I got replies in no time thanks for the replies so far ladies I'm feeling a little more confident I think I'll try the castor oil...but still bumping for more suggestions and products for curls

Welcome!! I would definately try the castor oil/MT mix... my edges were really thin as well and they have grown in nicely... HTH

Massage your scalp with an Indian oil it helps to grow thick hair, I'd advice you use Amla Oil a lot of people don't like the smell of it but you know what it makes your hair grow in 3weeks if used overnight plus its cheap :)

Use amla powder too, I can't give you much info on the powder coz I haven't used it yet.

Cloves are very well known for hair loss healing and growth properties so I'd say whatever oil you use add cloves to the oil bottle or boil it with the oil and let it cool off.

Sorry I can't give you much info into how to tame frizz since am still transitioning but hope the above tips would help :)

Attachments

• h-395x298-cloves.jpg
    h-395x298-cloves.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
Back