Extra dryness due to Winter

Trinity1

Ladies,

I noticed,which I'm sure that you all have noticed the increase in dryness since its been cold outside. Now I have to deep condition with every wash and focus extra extra hard on using products specifically for moisture. In the Spring and Summer time I can just condition wash and go most times. I was thinking instead of washing 2 times a week washing 3 times a week to combat the extra dryness from the cold. Anyone else finding they have to wash more?

Tee Tee

I started washing more,simply because I only comb my hair after I wash it,since I am transitioning. Yes the cold winter months are harsh on the hair, so I would recommend more moisturizing and deep conditioning along the way.

this is my first winter trying to take care of my hair. i dont have a problem wearing a doo-rag and a hat over my head because i dress like a man. I really wnt my hair long and I'm going to do the protective style thing with moisture forever!

I'm not washing more but my mango butter that I moisturize with is finishing much faster now, my hair seems to be drinking it up! I make sure to have my humidifier on every night as the dry air/heat in the house is terrible on hair and skin. It helps to put moisture in the air.

I've stopped wearing my puff every day because my hair was dry as the Sahara! Now that I've started wearing twistouts, my hair is not so dry -- something I've attributed to applying moisturizer generously to every strand during the twisting process.

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
this is my first winter trying to take care of my hair. i dont have a problem wearing a doo-rag and a hat over my head because i dress like a man. I really wnt my hair long and I'm going to do the protective style thing with moisture forever!

[/ QUOTE ]
You snatched the words RIGHT out of my mouth!! lol I'm durag and baggy jeanin it thru the whole winter quarter. January to March.

Yes, I've noticed the cooler weather having the same drying effect. I'm shampooing once per week instead of every 3 days and I'm definitely deep conditioning with a moisturizing conditioner (Nature's Therapy) and I'm an SCurl and Sta-Sof-Fro spraying fool!!!

Back