Extension Plus Hair

I just received my EPSRT and I don't think I have enough. How many packs/oz did you use? What length did u get?
I used 4oz which is 2 bags 1 16inch and 1 14inch I bought 6oz but did not have to touch the 3rd bag at all.

I think I would do a mixture of eprt and epsrt. I want to have a small leave-out but I'm not sure if my leave-out will blend w/ eprt or epsrt.
I wouldn't mix the two...the girl at Extension Plus says that the relaxed texure will get big in the humidity whereas the silkyrelaxed will not...she also said the relaxed texture is high maintenance with all the flat ironing when you want to where it straight..

I started with the EPSRT and I used that MeghanCrosby fotki as my reason for buying the SRT over the EPRT.

But my SRT must have been extra S because it only looked like hers when freshly washed. Once a flat iron ran through it was way too silky, like baby doll hair. I hated it and flat ironing my natural hair at 450 weekly was not going to work.

Now I'm wearing the EPRT and I love it. I don't think my natural hair is as course as this hair, but when flat ironed lightly, it blends pretty well.
What I did is had her give me the hair that was old that they let people touch that was out the bag I didn't purchase the one that was in the bag because it looked silker.

Extension plus is having 10% off sale on epsrt 10", 12", 14" 16" in color 1b.
I hate when that happened..right after you purchased at regular price...I did get wholesale price though since I had to fly down there to exchange the hair..so that was nice of them...

I used 4oz which is 2 bags 1 16inch and 1 14inch I bought 6oz but did not have to touch the 3rd bag at all.

Was it a full sew in? I got 10inches in 4 oz and I am not sure if that was enough:ohwell: I have a small head, if that helps:look:

Was it a full sew in? I got 10inches in 4 oz and I am not sure if that was enough:ohwell: I have a small head, if that helps:look:
Yea, I got a full sew in with a little left out in a u-shape...I thought it didn't look like enough when I got the 2 bags and went back and purchased 1 more and didn't need it at all.

Ok ladies, I just purchased the silky relaxed yesterday for my daughter's install. 4 oz.

The regular relaxed texture 4oz. was sufficient for me and my head is huge, so I hope that this will work for my DD. I asked for the kinkiest silky relaxed texture available!!!! Her hair gets very straight when I flat iron it, so I hope that it blends well. ***crosses fingers***

I am praying my install turns out right. I have 6 oz of 12in EPSRT and 2 oz of 10in. I requested the coarsest batch that they have.
My leave out gets really silky with one heat pass and actually the EPRT is much coarser than my real hair. So I used to let my leave out air dry then lightly flat iron to leave some texture to it then flat iron the EPRT really hard to make it look silky like MY hair.

I just don't want the EPSRT to be static-y silky. That really irks me.

I am going to wash it again before I get it installed on Sat. I wanna strip it of it's silkiness LMAO!
What products do you ladies suggest for the EPSRT? I know the EP website suggests Joico but do you have any other tips?

Does this mean that the Relaxed Texture (RT) if it gets bigger, can do twists outs? I'd love to get some that I'm enjoying my weave but I don't want straight hair, I need some poof.

Also, can you ladies tell me how much you're paying for the 4-6 oz bags?

Well, I recieved my hair today. I love it! I am just not sure how it stacks up to RT. I want to be sold on the SRT but I won't know until I dye it #1 and install it. Plus I feel I will get more bang for my buck by getting 2 packs of EPRT rather than 3 packs of EPSRT:ohwell:. Sigh, we shall see.

Sade, please post pics. I hope everything is working out for you. I think it will be cute:grin:

Does this mean that the Relaxed Texture (RT) if it gets bigger, can do twists outs? I'd love to get some that I'm enjoying my weave but I don't want straight hair, I need some poof.

I got 10 inches and 4 oz of EPSRT. They are 10% now. So I paid about $210 for both. But I may have to get another pack which increases the amount:ohwell:. But the hair IS great quality. No lie about that.

Here is a pic of the EPSRT
44300dda-e6bc-f64a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thx ladies. It's very silky. I don't really like the texture. Def going back to EPRT for my next install.
Ms. Blue I wasn't mad lol. I was driving trying to concentrate while snapping a pic. Doing too much.

Thx ladies. It's very silky. I don't really like the texture. Def going back to EPRT for my next install.
Ms. Blue I wasn't mad lol. I was driving trying to concentrate while snapping a pic. Doing too much.

I was just searching for this thread so that I can provide my update.

I dont like the texture either!!!! :nono: UGH

Just received yesterday and will be sending back TODAY!!!!!

Did you do the one that was on sale?

Yes, I purchased the Silky Relaxed Texture. There was no texture or coarseness. It looked like a pack of Beauty Supply Hair, IMO.

I am currently wearing the Relaxed Texture which I love. So back to what I know!

Yes, I purchased the Silky Relaxed Texture. There was no texture or coarseness. It looked like a pack of Beauty Supply Hair, IMO.

I am currently wearing the Relaxed Texture which I love. So back to what I know!

YES I feel you. I wish I hadn't put it in my hair already so I could at least send it back. But I do have one pack remaining and it's in tact. Once I find my invoice it's going back.
It def reminds me of what I could have purchased in the BSS as far as the texture. But if you like silky hair it's way better quality than BSS.
EPRT is perfect for me. I have never tried the curly type weave for a sew in and at this point I doubt that I will. I am sure that is silky too.
I need to face the fact that my texture is coarse and if I wear fake hair I really need it to match effortlessly.

YES I feel you. I wish I hadn't put it in my hair already so I could at least send it back. But I do have one pack remaining and it's in tact. Once I find my invoice it's going back.
It def reminds me of what I could have purchased in the BSS as far as the texture. But if you like silky hair it's way better quality than BSS.
EPRT is perfect for me. I have never tried the curly type weave for a sew in and at this point I doubt that I will. I am sure that is silky too.
I need to face the fact that my texture is coarse and if I wear fake hair I really need it to match effortlessly.

Exactly!!!

I purchased this for my daughter and although it would have blended once I flat ironed it, I cannot risk her real hair reverting and then being EXPOSED with that silky texture dangling at the ends! She would die! LOL

So I am going to pay the difference and order the Relaxed Texture and be done with it.

As far as curly, my sister (4a) wore the AAMH last summer and it was a perfect blend, if you have some type of curl to your hair. We used this for my daughter as well, but she is more kink than curl, so she grew tired of trying to blend it daily with water, conditioner and gel.

I did a braid out on my Relaxed Texture and used LottaBody to set it with. It lasted 4 to 5 days and blended well with my leave out that was also braided to match.

Exactly!!!

I purchased this for my daughter and although it would have blended once I flat ironed it, I cannot risk her real hair reverting and then being EXPOSED with that silky texture dangling at the ends! She would die! LOL

So I am going to pay the difference and order the Relaxed Texture and be done with it.

As far as curly, my sister (4a) wore the AAMH last summer and it was a perfect blend, if you have some type of curl to your hair. We used this for my daughter as well, but she is more kink than curl, so she grew tired of trying to blend it daily with water, conditioner and gel.

ITA!

Thanks for that info. I have some AAMH that I never used. Maybe I will try it this summer.

I did a braid out on my Relaxed Texture and used LottaBody to set it with. It lasted 4 to 5 days and blended well with my leave out that was also braided to match.

Ok how do you braid this hair? Are u actually doing cornrows or individual braids per weft? Due u hold the ends of the hair with rubber bands so it doesn't unravel?
Do u sit under the dryer or let it air dry?

Ok how do you braid this hair? Are u actually doing cornrows or individual braids per weft? Due u hold the ends of the hair with rubber bands so it doesn't unravel?
Do u sit under the dryer or let it air dry?

I just grab pieces of hair, and braid individually with a rod on the end.

I've only done a braid out twice. One with dryer and the other with air dry. Same results for me.

I have also combed out the hair and rebraided after accidentally getting pieces of the hair wet. I made sure to rub a little bit of setting lotion on the entire braid to prevent frizz; and that turned out fine as well.

Well hearing you ladies give reviews for the SRT, I have sent it back in an exchange for the Relaxed texture. From looking at the pack, the SRT looked prettty nice, but once I ran a flat iron to it, it got silkier than my real hair. I want to be able to wear it as natural as possible. How many packs would be needed for a full head of EPRT? Would it take the same amount at the EPSRT?

I've used 1 pack of EPRT and it turned out fine. I always order 2 packs (4oz) tho. I use 10inch hair. The bundles are fuller. Sometimes she grabs a piece or two from the second pack. Depending on how full u like it.

Back