Explanation of Different Lengths

naija24

I'm a newb so I'd like as much info as possible before making any product/styling decisions going forward.

Could SOMEONE haha explain the different acronyms around here? I see CL, BSB, BSL, etc. It's confusing for a new comer like myself. I can understand that SL probably means shoulder length, looking at pictures, but could someone lay out each different length marker and timeline for each?

I hope to have my hair brushing the start of my neck by April/May, like in the attached picture (taken in 2011 the last time I did the big chop). I'm pretty sure that's very doable, and I won't take out my braids until May. I don't care for super long hair, just healthy hair that is past my shoulders.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 4 months of natural hair growth.jpg
    4 months of natural hair growth.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
I'm a newb so I'd like as much info as possible before making any product/styling decisions going forward.

Could SOMEONE haha explain the different acronyms around here? I see CL, BSB, BSL, etc. It's confusing for a new comer like myself. I can understand that SL probably means shoulder length, looking at pictures, but could someone lay out each different length marker and timeline for each?

I hope to have my hair brushing the start of my neck by April/May, like in the attached picture (taken in 2011 the last time I did the big chop). I'm pretty sure that's very doable, and I won't take out my braids until May. I don't care for super long hair, just healthy hair that is past my shoulders.

Many thanks!

Welcome ...someone will chime in soon ...Happy H H J (healthy hair Journey):-)

Many thanks!

Hey! CL is Collarbone Length, BSB is Below Shoulder Blade, BSL is Bra Strap Length, MBL is Mid Back Length, WL is Waist Length and HL is Hip Length and TL is tail bone length.

I think from twa to NL is one year and from NL to BSB/MBL is another year. From just googling it, but I dont think that is the same for everyone.

And there's also BSB which is Below Shoulder Blade. For the longest I didn't know what BSB meant. LOL

Oh hnntrr beat me to it. LOL, but I WISH NL to BSL was just another year! I know you said it's different for everyone. I just wanna see somebody though. Let me go and look up a thread.

Back