Explain the baggie method. Break it down like I'm on the short bus!

InsertCleverNameHere

Explain the baggie method. Break it down like I\'m on the short bus!

My hair broke off when I tried the baggie method. I was told it was because my hair was wet. So do you all let your hair completely dry? Or is it still damp but not soaking? Apparently I'm missing something. This really should be easier /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Re: Explain the baggie method. Break it down like I\'m on the short bus!

I like to do my baggie while my hair is wet. Immediately after my co wash. You do have to be careful not to manipulate the hair to much and if you are wearing a wet phonytail all the time you have to move it around so the hair won't break from being in a ponytail in the same spot all of the time.

The baggie can be done on dry hair. This is the way I will be doing it during the challenge.

Rea, the last time I was doing the baggie method, I did it while my hair was pretty wet. I would wash, Surge, let it hang for a minute or two, then apply my oils and grease and slap on my baggie. I don't use any towels to dry my hair, so although it was not dripping wet, it was not yet just damp, either. I started doing it again yesterday, and my hair is just dry. I am not sure where the hair is breaking or what could be causing it to break /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif...but if wet gave you troubles, then you might as well try it on dry hair.

Yeah, I was talking about the ends breaking and getting fragile and dry...it was the reason I had to have a big trim a month or two ago.

Hmmmm...Maybe the baggie method just isn't for me even though I really want to do it since everyone else gets good results /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

For the life of me I can't figure out why the ends would break while being so completely submerged in moisture!!
confused31-vi.gif

I am stumped!!

I have nothing to add since I'm just starting the baggie method for the first time today. I'm going to do it on dry hair with oils. I just wanted to say that the title of this thread had me crackin' up!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

oh i definitely do it while my hair is dry with excellent results.... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif never before have i been able to retain all of my growth.....

Okay, I'm going to try it for a month on dry hair before I completely chuck the baggie method. Hopefully this will work!

i also cannot do the baggie method on wet hair, or my ends may become rough and break, it is best on slightly damp hair, with added oils and/or moisturisers.

DEN1...Do you add the oils and mosituriser while wet or while it's damp?

Wow,I never knew the baggie could be done on dry hair. Interesting. I like the 'damp with oils' method though.

I do my baggie when my hair is dry. I just like the way my dry ponytail absorb all of the oils in the baggie. I get a non ziplock bag, and fill it with my favorite oils. Coconut oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, peppermint oil, and castor oil. Just add a few drops of each. I put the baggie on with a satin scunci, tie my hair up with a silk scarf and go to bed. I have had the same baggie on now for two days. I started in May and have retain some serious length.

[ QUOTE ]
Shinka said:
DEN1...Do you add the oils and mosituriser while wet or while it's damp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, i add my oils (wildgrowth, castor oil, coconut oil) to hair whilst its wet, when its near dry i.e, damp. i add more oil to hair, and profectiv roothealth then cover with baggie which also contains a coating of oil.

Back