Experiment: Wrapping Hair To Retain Moisture!

spicypeppermint

:spinning:

I often woke up with brittle ends and semi-dry hair even after moisturizing the night before. I thought it may have been the products I used but maybe not. I did an experiment to see if the way I wrapped my hair at night made a difference and it did!

Day 1: I Moisturized & Sealed my ends, hair line & nape. I usually braid my hair in four sections or just wrap & twist. I secured hair with hair clips, put on shower cap and used a scarf to secure it to my head.

Woke up with semi-soft hair. Hair LOOKED moisturized but to the touch it still felt a little dry.

Day 2: I Moisturized & Sealed my ends, hair line & nape, ect. ect. I put on the shower cap and then put on SECOND shower cap (not sure what its called so I took a picture) The thing I noticed about this cap is that it started to retain heat the second I put it on. Maybe its the combination of cotton and plastic material that did it. I used another scarf to secure this cap on my head.

Woke up with really soft hair! Even to the point of dampness which works well for me since I bun daily & I needed it damp anyway.

The difference I noticed that night...when I took the bun down my ends were still moisturized and not feeling dry at all.

I believe the cap (I'll call it a warming cap) actually deep conditions overnight.

So this is my experiment. I hope it works for those who decide to try it! :rolleyes:

P.S. The yellow bottle contains a mixture of Honey, JBCO, EVOO & NTM Serum. Which works well for ME in moisturizing edges, nape, ect.

IMG00543-20091029-1558.jpg

lol, you baggied!
I do it too...it makes my hair all soft and moist, and in the morning, I just slap my castor-vatika oil mix on there, bun it up, and have moist hair all day. :lick:

I'm glad you found that it works for you! :yep:

Yup, Vatika is an oil. It's coconut oil that's been enriched with some ayurvedic herbs and lemon oil. Here are the ingredients:
Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Fruit Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ (T-Butyl Hydroquionone, it's a preservative), Fragrance.

And I think you can get it at most indian grocery stores. It's really inexpensive...at the place I buy it, it's $2.99 for a 10 oz bottle, and that lasts for a long time.

That's fantastic! I can imagine that stuff is a lot healthier & more pure than the coconut oil that they sell at the beauty supply. I'll have to try & locate a Indian store or find it on the net.

Thanks for that tip!

Back