Experiencing dry hair from my half wig!!

Quita3514

Okay so I am currently growing out a pixie cut and it growing something terrible! So I decided to start wiggin my hair up so I can retain some length and take care of my hair while its growing out of the ugly phase but after a week of wearing this half wig I'm noticing that my hair is becomin extra dry like really dry and my hair is normally soft and mosturizes..I'm not sure if its the wig cap that's drying it out..or mayb the wig itself..idk..any ideas and suggessions would help..I came this far I would hate to experience a setback from having dry hair..yesterday I cowashed and deep conditioned with keracare humecto to add some moisture to my hair I haven't put on the wig since then.. any ladies out their that wear wigs I would love to know your regimen.. thanx

www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com

I usually wear a snug satin cap under my wig or pin the cap to my wig. Maybe you should try that.

I wear a silk scarf under a satin wig cap, then put my wig on, doing this keeps my hair moisturized. I stopped wearing regular wig caps, they suck the moisture out of my hair, and make my hair feel like the Sahara desert.

Last edited:
I now wear a satin cap, when i used to wear a wig cap i used to saturate my hair with my leave in and seal with jbco as my hair would get very dry. Take a look at the wig thread 2011 as there will be more advice in there.

I wear a Men's Durag double-tied. I'm in a Full Wig. No problems with Dryness. It gives me the ability to moisture & seal daily underneath the du-rag.

In summer, I wear the netted wig cap. Then I Spritz & Moisturize. Again, no problems with dryness.

My regular regimen consists of Co-washing & Deep Conditioning which also, for me, helps ward off potential dryness.:yep:

^^This

I cowash, add S curl, a moisturizing leave in, coconut oil and plait it my hair up. Then I put on my durag. I wear a durag that doesn't have that tail in the back so I just wrap the long strings around my head, tie it in a bow in the back and tuck the strings under.

yeah...wig caps are the worst. i had the same issue.

now i wear a black silk scarf under mine. works great....my hair is not dried out at all.

i wear braids under the wig and moisturize nightly. i take the braids out once a week and deep condition....then it's back under the wig!

hth

^^This

I cowash, add S curl, a moisturizing leave in, coconut oil and plait it my hair up. Then I put on my durag. I wear a durag that doesn't have that tail in the back so I just wrap the long strings around my head, tie it in a bow in the back and tuck the strings under.

Exactly.......:yep:

Also, weekly Hot Oil Treatments (HOTS) have been added to my Winter Regimen.

Back