exoticizing people

brg240

I've been thinking lately that I exoticize Africans* and Asians* and I honestly don't think it's cool. I thought it over and I don't think I have a fetish because I don't think these guys are better in anyway than say other guys at all. I think they're the same as everyone else but I can't help but look and save pictures when I see them. :nono: I think it's because I barely ever see them and everyone else is normal to me, so I don't see the need to point out a attractive black or white man.

Does anyone else do this? Or better yet stopped? It's just I'd hate for someone to like me only because they find me exotic.

*I know Asian and African is super broad. Probably S.E. Asian and not sure what region for Africans but I know there are a couple from Sudan I find quite attractive. I'm sure if I took a closer look I'd figure out some features that do it for me besides the really dark skin.

(Maybe it's some type of leak from interest in these places? I have no idea...)

(also not sure what forum to put this in, I hope this was okay and that I made sense. Oh if there are similar theads please point me that way.)

EDIT: Hmm I probably should add on I've read through quite a few threads on interracial relationships but that's not exactly what I'm talking about. Similar but not the same. Just wondering if anyone else feels/deals with this. :'/

Last edited:
I don't actually. I've tried IR dating before and it just wasn't for me. I don't think that I would exoticize b/c it depends on the man that I'm dating and how he treats me.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference though. Men do this all the time so why can't women?

I don't actually. I've tried IR dating before and it just wasn't for me. I don't think that I would exoticize b/c it depends on the man that I'm dating and how he treats me.

There's nothing wrong with having a preference though. Men do this all the time so why can't women?
Africans are not a race.....

Although I don't... I can understand and I don't believe there's a problem with it, big or small.

The world is filled with different elasticities and something "different" is just that, "different".

I don't think there is anything wrong with it op. Everyone objectifies everyone. That's the purpose of posters and celeb mags anyway. They are hoping that you like what you see.

I save pictures of hot guys on my hard drive, and I don't feel bad about it.

It’s all about preferences. Some people like fish, others prefer chicken and others are vegetarian.

If you find SE Asian and African men attractive there is no problem with that in and of itself. Like people are saying, we all have our preferences. The problem starts when that's all you see them as, just Asian or African and not human beings. That's when it becomes dehumanizing.

Back