Excessive Criticizing

karezone

What do you do when your BF/DH/SO critcizes your fashion sense or appearance?

Lately I am under the impression that my SO does not like the clothes that I choose. According to him I either "look hor or like someone's grandma." :nono:

I am the first to admit that in my wardrobe comfort trumps style, but do I really deserve the running commentary.

What do you do when your BF/DH/SO critcizes your fashion sense or appearance?

Lately I am under the impression that my SO does not like the clothes that I choose. According to him I either "look hor or like someone's grandma." :nono:

I am the first to admit that in my wardrobe comfort trumps style, but do I really deserve the running commentary.

I am one for comfort, most days I am in sweatpants right after I get out of work. However, I do make sure to step up my game when me and SO are going somewhere.

He commented once and I said to myself I like to see him looking good, I'm gonna return the favor.

Thats the thing. I am not wearing my really comfy clothes (sweat pants) I am just wearing clothes that he "doesn't like. They look nice, or at least I think that they do, but they just happen to be comfy at the same time.

I am one for comfort, most days I am in sweatpants right after I get out of work. However, I do make sure to step up my game when me and SO are going somewhere.

He commented once and I said to myself I like to see him looking good, I'm gonna return the favor.

Thats the thing. I am not wearing my really comfy clothes (sweat pants) I am just wearing clothes that he "doesn't like. They look nice, or at least I think that they do, but they just happen to be comfy at the same time.

I understand, I guess what I was trying to say is that you can cater a little to his preference without losing too much of yours.

Hey you never know you just might like the new duds. If he isn't regularly a excessive complainer, I think it is worth the effort.

Next time he says something I might just do that.

But, his comments really did bother me yesterday. I don't say anything about his clothes or the gallons of cologne he bathes in, he could at least be nice enough to pretend to like my outfit.

Just tell him to buy you some clothes. That'll shut him up.

But, his comments really did bother me yesterday. I don't say anything about his clothes or the gallons of cologne he bathes in, he could at least be nice enough to pretend to like my outfit.

Maybe you should tell him to pass on the cologne. Communication is key.

But he doesn't really have to like it. He should, however, not complain excessively about your taste in clothes. As long as someone's not being obscene, I say let it ride (like you do with him). :yep:

Just tell him to buy you some clothes. That'll shut him up.

Right!

Relationship is about compromise. If he wants to see you in other clothing he should at least purchase it for you.

I for one cannot stand guys who have comments on the way I dress. I am the fashionista, not him :ohwell:

Back