EVOO treatment -yeah,yeah my 1st and i need help

jainygirl

Hey ladies, i'm going to be washing my hair today 12 weeks post relaxer today with a little over an inch of newgrowth (whoohooo--12 weeks was my goal but i'm gonna continue to stretch it out--i'm trying to also transition...sorta
look.gif
) and i want to try an EVOO but i dont know how to do one. I have cold pressed EVOO --not sure if it makes a difference. Also for Clarifying, can i use a neutralizing shampoo, or do i need to buy something specifically for clarifying. i'm 4a/b if this helps with advising me on what i may need to do or use thanks
wink.gif
--jainygirl

this is what I do:

1. throw warmed olive oil on head, paying attention to ends.
2. throw on plastic grocery bag over head.
3. exercise for an hour.
4. rinse out and shampoo with anything lying around and do an acv rinse afterwards.
5. do the condioner thingy and rinse with distilled water.

u can use a lot of stuff to clarify. neutralizing shampoo, acv, conditioner mixed with baking soda or lemon juice. hth.

I like using 3 TBSPs of EVOO (cold pressed is fine!) w/1 TBSP of honey. I warm it up and put it on damp hair. I put on a plastic cap and either get under a warm dryer for 5 minutes or just keep in on for 15 minutes or so. I don't like using a clarifying shampoo after my honey/EVOO treatment because I don't want it to strip all the benefits of the treatment.

Hope that made sense.
drunk.gif

I usally apply the evvo on my hair scalp and leave it on
for 30-45 min and wash out.
Shampoo and condition using the Nacidit olive oil conditioner give great slip and shiny hair.

i will try clarifying today and saving the EVOO for my next shampoo so that i dont lose the benefits of the EVOO treatment as jenjen pointed out
wink.gif

This is just my two cents with the clarifying thing. I had been using neutralizing shampoo for the longest to clarify and I thought it was great but recently clarified with ACV and the results were amazing! Just a suggestion when it comes to clarifying.

Back