Everyday washers/cowashers?

yuhlovevybz

I know I'm not the only one who washes/cowashes every day. I don't have time for braidouts and it's harder to bun with those, so I always wear a curly bun to work or wear my hair out in a curly fro on my days off. I live on the beach so straightening my hair or not washing my hair is out of the question. One day I straightened my hair and when I walked back inside there was a dragonfly stuck in it. :( Other days I end up with salt, sand, dust, smoke, etc, so not washing just can't happen.

What shampoos or conditioners have you guys find safe for every day use? Do you use any leave ins? How often do you d.c and clarify? How do you sleep on it 0_o TIA!!

I don't cowash every day but every other day.

I like Giovanni Smooth as Silk. But trying to hydrate my hair so using the Deva Curl line. Quite a few people use the Tresemme Naturals.

I don't clarify. Don't see any need for that. I use the Deva Curl One as my leave-in. And I DC at least once a week. My hair is on the dry side, so it needs the extra.

There's a whole cowash challenge you may want to check out. You can learn what lot of ladies are doing there.

I washed daily for several years. I washed in the AM before work and in the summer I would air dry and wear my hair curly (curly girl method). In the winter I would blow dry with a diffuser.

I used shampoo for a while, but over time I switched to co-washing as the daily shampooing dried out my hair too much.

The last conditioner I used for daily cowashing was Alberto VO5. I tried a bunch of conditioners and found that they were basically the same for me. So eventually I used the cheapest I could find because I was co-washing every day.

At night I didn't do any thing to my hair because I refreshed the curls with water everyday.

For hold, I started out using gel, but eventually I used Miss Jessie's curly pudding. It's pricey stuff, but in my area they had an annual sale in November where they sold all of the Miss Jessie's products buy one get one free so I'd just stock up for the year then.

I would luv to cowash everyday. When I was natural I used to. Now that Ian relaxed I cowash 2x a week. I like as I am conditioner as my conditioner rinse & queen Helene cholesterol mixed w my oils

I have been working out a lot lately so I have been cowashing every other day. Not eveeyday. I have 4ab hair.

I use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (has parabens)
Yes To Cucumbers or
The Body Shop Banana Conditioner.

I haven't clarified in approx 1.5-2 months.

I dc 1 every other week-when I wash with a shampoo bar.

I moisturize after cowashing with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Shea Moisture Curling Souffle (I put it on top of the Smoothie. I sometimes do wng, but usually put my hair in big bantu knots, take it down in the a.m. and pin it up the hair. When I do wng I may put Giovanni Direct Leave In or The Body Shop Rainforest conditioner in my hair then the Shea Moisture products. I might also leave a little bit of the condish I cowashed with in my hair. Wng only last me 1 day. I have to completely wet it again and put all those products in the next day.

Last edited:
It depends. I have thick (coarse) and wiry strands so it can handle quite a bit of moisture, and even then I like to use a conditioner with a little protein 1x a week. I have used quite a few conditioners successfully (CJ Smoothing/Strengthening/Beauticurls Argan, Devacurl One, TJ Nourish Spa, Tresemme Naturals, Darcy's Pumpkin, KBN Shealoe, CR Jansyns to name a few). I used TJ Tea Tree Tingle for 1x a week cleansing because I find it very, very cleansing.

The only conditioners I didn't like where the SSI Avocado/Honey Rinse/Pomegranate conditioners. I am not sure, but they left my hair weighed down.

I wash every day, to every other day. I don't get 2nd day hair, so it's necessary for that...plus I'm now addicted to the feel of clean hair. I only use cleansing conditioners, and i,f I do use shampoo it's because my hair is really gunked up with product.

I use:
Wen - can be used every day, but I don't because it's $$
Deva-Curl No Poo. It's really good for deep cleaning. I'd use it weekly
HydroQuench Systems - Great for daily use if your hair isn't really dirty
Ren by Renpure - Great for daily use, but No slip at all.

I usually detangle with the co-cleanser (except for the Ren). After washing, I do an oil rinse with a mix of coconut oil, and castor oil. Then I scrunch in some curl cream & Tresseme Naturals conditioner n done.

I cowash daily...usually use AOHSR (if I need protein I use millcreek biotin conditioner for my first lather). Further into a stretch I switch to AORM. During my cowash I also oil rinse, tea rinse and do a final aloe vera juice rinse (sounds like much but it takes NO TIME at all):yep: I try and get this done 1.5 to 2 hours before bed. My hair is either dry or damp and I simply do 2 or more bantu knots for the following day...I can then wear my hair out with waves or usually I just bun in varied positions. I'm relaxed with fine strands (I finger detangle after I wash and don't detangle before).

ETA: I forgot to add that I do use a leave in and seal with oil on wet hair.

Last edited:
Back