Ever Use Products Meant For Heat When Air-Drying?

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'm starting to notice that when I put certain products on my hair without heat it makes my scalp itch. I used my Lacio Lacio perfectly the last two washes and I used the flat-iron and it never itched. This time I used the Lacio Lacio and air-dryed a rollerset instead and talk about an itchy scalp!! (By the way, I HATE this roller set. :nono: I feel old-fashioned because my hair isn't long enough so they look like granny curls.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if products that are designed for heat should only be used that way. I remember having this problem before when I would put in other stuff like heat protector sprays without using heat. I'm thinking the product is meant to dissolve a little with the heat. So if you don't use heat it will feel different on your hair??? Plus, it never has time to get to your scalp because the heat melts it in??? :look:

I don't know but I just wanted to share just in case somebody wonders about their itchy scalp.

I use Mizani Thermastrength for my airdied rollersets and i never have a problem. I also use lacio lacio as my daily moisturizer and it works great! maybe its the parabens in the lacio lacio? those can be irritating. I never let those products touch my scalp though. One thing i can suggest to relieve your itchy scalp is an ACV rinse. I have an extremely sensitive scalp and ACV rinses (1 oz to 1 gallon of cool water) used after shampooing keep unruly scalp in check.

I always use Chi Silk Infusion to air dry. I don't know if it's meant for heat but I know a lot of people use it for rollersets.

And I was just considering using the Lacio Lacio as a moisturizer but looks like that won't happen. Especially since I'm looking at my hair now and it looks kinda dry and with none of the shine I get after using heat. But I will defintiely try the ACV rinses if you say it helps your scalp. I'm glad you mentioned the Parabens because at least I have something to start with when investigating which ingredients itch.

And I use CHI Silk Infusion to air dry also but usually I follow-up the air-drying with flat-ironing so I really don't know if I would itch without heat.

Thanks all!!

I've used the FHI Hot Sauce; I had planned to blow dry and then I ended up airdrying. It came out very soft, very moisturized.

Yes. I have used Moisture Block for this purpose. I no longer use moisture block for heat styling. My hair OVERHEATS with this product while flat ironing.

Back