Ever lived in a country where textured hair care is minimal ???

I live in Japan, and I am natural. I mainly use Dove intensive conditioner and shampoo. I also sometimes splurge on henna from Lush. haha
I cut my own hair and wear my hair either in a bun or out. I am lucky that I like to be boring, otherwise I would be in a little trouble. :)

I live in Japan, and I am natural. I mainly use Dove intensive conditioner and shampoo. I also sometimes splurge on henna from Lush. haha
I cut my own hair and wear my hair either in a bun or out. I am lucky that I like to be boring, otherwise I would be in a little trouble. :)

Textured natural hair is never boring. Today I rocked chinney (sp) bumps, I will have second day hair despite my intensive gym session (90 mins spinning and stretch and tone), it was great to be able to shower rinse and go. Loving my hair. :grin:

I lived in Mexico City for 7 years most black people living there at the time were either diplomats or teachers. Most also wore their hair natural. I wore my hair natural but I had a weave which one of the 3 black friends I had put in. It was usually jacked up. This was before the advent of online stores and shopping. Whenever I went to the states I would stock up on hair. I went to get a perm from a salon in Mexico City and my hair was destroyed.

i lived in the middle of nowheresville in Korea. I just didn't use much. I was natural then, too. But then again I wasn't super into hair care back then. I just used what I brought with me, might have bought whatever in the store.

Using kitchen items would be good in that situation, I think.

So: where are you living? I live in Bahrain but I am from the US. It's easy to find carrier oils. Essential oils are another story. As for AA products, it's best for me not to use them. They have an abundance of motions which is cheap stuff to me. They have a lot of ORS which my hair loves, but it's only sold at the commissary on the military base. O and the only perms anywhere on this island are REG or SUPER (mostly kit no-lye types). I prefer MILD relaxers and if a regular, than sensitive scalp. Neither are available except online.

What do you do for your hair? I shop at paynesbeautysupply.com for my relaxer items. I shop at hairsisters.com for my weave to do sew-ins. I then have the Ethiopians do the sew-ins. A Thai woman does my relaxer and any straight styles. I have to do my own rollersets and braid-outs. I prefer to wash my hair on the base because the water is WAY better than in my home.

Are you natural or relaxed? I am relaxed.

Back