Ever had a relaxer like this?

that was crazy.......

ps: is that a knife in the sink? right under her face :blush:. Umm thats real smart , she could have lost her hair or an eye :nono:

and the dad thinks all dis is amusing :nono:

It isn't that serious. And I don't think its child abuse, her mom obviously doesn't know what she's doing. Imagine if Chelsea would've done it herself, yikes. *shrugs to the whole situation*

I think it is. No, the bad relaxer is not abuse. Your child is screaming and crying in pain, you keep subjecting her to pain? That is abuse. :ohwell:

am i the only one who reported this as child abuse?

No.

I hope they don't bother with your claim. I truly hate to argue with any of you on here,but we have no idea of how those people live their life. This is a hair video. So the mom has terrible hair knowledge, that does not make her an abuser. It just makes her terrible with hair.

Wow...

Are you unaware that burning a child is child abuse? that putting a harsh chemical on a child's scalp and leaving it on there until the point that the child is crying a screaming for you to stop is abuse? that taping this foolishness for the amusement of others is downright wrong? Just as that woman who "combed" a little girls hair to the point of no return as she hit her and cussed at her for crying so is this. All it takes is ONE bad chemical burn for that girl to be scarred for life. I hope they do take me seriously.

ITA!! Thank you!!! :clap: :yep:

No... they're coons for thinking this ish is funny enough to be put on YT!

Can other races be coons or is it just used exclusively against blacks? I'm from a Caribbean family and I never heard the term. I take that back, I saw a documentary about racism and the racist whites referred to blacks as coons.

BTW I would never call a black person a coon. It just does not sit well with me.

As for the video that is really sad. People go too far trying to get the hair bone straight. I've never had a relaxer on my hair for more than 10 minutes and my last 2 relaxers were 5 minutes from start to finish. My stylist applied it to the front while her licensed assistant was applying it to the back.

Last edited:
My mom used to relax my hair from root to tip each time and I never burned at all. The only time I ever burned was with a professional. :rolleyes: As for rinsing out relaxers in the sink, that was something we always did. I had to wash the dishes first before my mom did my hair. That was part of the deal we made. What's wrong with sink relaxing?:look::look:

I'm not one to tell people that they shouldn't perm an older child's hair (teenagers), but when that child is screaming like h*ll that it's burning, then the person in charge needs to immediately start the process of washing it out.

Prolonging it could cause 1st degree burns :nono: and there are scalps that can't even take mild relaxers.

Who could sit there and hear a child scream like they are literally on fire (which I'm sure is what that feels like :( )

I think it is. No, the bad relaxer is not abuse. Your child is screaming and crying in pain, you keep subjecting her to pain? That is abuse. :ohwell:

No.

Wow...

ITA!! Thank you!!! :clap: :yep:

asubeauty Im glad somebody do!!!!! hair is one thing it-doesnt hurt to cut/burn out or anything. Her scalp? one of the most sensitive and permeable membranes on her body? A WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY!!!!!

I always burned w/a relaxer. ALWAYS. At one point I started leaving a small part of my new growth unrelaxed to make sure I wasn't getting any on my scalp cuz I couldn't take it. I just think it's sad that the girl is burning but she's making her leave it on, she may be allergic or have a sensitive scalp. It also seems unhealthy to have dishes in the sink right next to where you are rinsing out a chemical.

What is it with people washing out relaxer in the kitchen sink?
My one was always done in the bathroom.
If you have a lot of hair, a shallow bathroom sink will never do. I always used the kitchen or the laundry tub. My issue with the laundry tub is that it has a short faucet.

I know of people who rinse in the shower. Ick, I would be afraid of those strong chemicals hitting my lady parts.

Thank goodness I haven't relaxed in nearly 15 years.

My sister used to do this to me all the time when I was a teenager. And I would hollar and cry just like Chelsea. :burning: So I feel her pain. :sad: Brings back horrible memories. I'm so glad I educated myself on how to do my own hair.

Most of my relaxers went something like this. You know without a doubt that I'll never relax my hair; I do not miss the scabs from the chemical burns and blisters.

Is this a joke?

ETA: Oh wow I thought it was a joke at first. My heart broke for that kid because I know how much a relaxer burns. She must have so many scabs. The mom obviously doesn't know how to apply a relaxer. She was rubbing it on like conditioner! That's just a hot mess.

Last edited:
Didnt watch the video but I can tell what happens by everyones responses.

Reminds of the days back when I was told that "It aint working less its burning"

Back