Ever had a relaxer like this?

That is very sad! Thank the man above I've never had anything close to an experience like that with relaxers. Nor have I experienced the rough combings that a lot of black girls seemed to experience. No wonder it isn't just hair for some people like it is for me. Smh.

It isn't that serious. And I don't think its child abuse, her mom obviously doesn't know what she's doing. Imagine if Chelsea would've done it herself, yikes. *shrugs to the whole situation*

Ya'll got me at work cursing! And as she was washing it out, she continued to put MORE back on the scalp? When I was still getting relaxers my beautician always made sure I was good, if I wasn't, we went to the sink. That's crazy! I'mma pray for lil' mama's scalp/hair...

And who does a relaxer in a kitchen near dishes, like it's not a bunch of serious chemicals?

My mother used to relax my hair and I never once got a burn from her. This mother is talking about "Chelsea be concerned about your hair".
Lucky if the chick will even HAVE hair in a few weeks.

Its either "underprocessed" or BALD. She needs to quit and I don't blame the girl yelling at her mother. I'm not for rudeness from kids but her scalp is being dissolved- not a joke.

That was my last relaxer to a T. And guess what? My friggin' hair came out! So fast forward to today, where I'm celebrating one month being NATURAL! :lachen:

Wow.:nono: Some people shouldn't be allowed to have video cameras and access to YouTube...not to mention relaxer.

It isn't that serious. And I don't think its child abuse, her mom obviously doesn't know what she's doing. Imagine if Chelsea would've done it herself, yikes. *shrugs to the whole situation*

I'd have to agree with this comment. I don't see where its THAT serious.......just a bad relaxer. Hopefully next time she will have it put in professionally.....

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

I'd have to agree with this comment. I don't see where its THAT serious.......just a bad relaxer. Hopefully next time she will have it put in professionally.....

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

It wasn't just a bad relaxer, it was bad people. :perplexed I've had a few relaxers that didn't take at all, I've accidentally burned myself despite thinking I based my scalp enough -- I've had unsuccessful relaxers; but back when my mom was doing my relaxers she ask the whole time if I felt anything and then go straight to the sink. She never wanted me to think of my hair before my scalp or comfort, and no one took a video camera to tape and share my discomfort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXnvBnLNBA&feature=related
The link up above looks a hot mess as well, smh.

Wow. :(

Im
Not watching the video but I had bad chemical burns with almost every relaxer I ever had. It always burned and I cried more than once. This was at home and in the salon.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That is definitely not the proper or healthy way to relax hair, and if someone says they are in pain it's time to stop...

But I don't understand why this = "COONERY". That comment in the op annoyed me more than the video.

So they are "COONS" because the don't know correct relaxer technique?:ohwell:

That is definitely not the proper or healthy way to relax hair, and if someone says they are in pain it's time to stop...

But I don't understand why this = "COONERY". That comment in the op annoyed me more than the video.

The bolded is precisely my issue with all of the videos that were posted. I just hope someone isn't sitting around thinking "this is the way it goes when you get a relaxer" or "this is what getting a relaxer is like."

The ladies of LHCF are solid examples that having healthy, long and relaxed hair is indeed possible.

The videos that were posted are just awful in regards to technique and household cleanliness.

No... they're coons for thinking this ish is funny enough to be put on YT!

am i the only one who reported this as child abuse?

I hope they don't bother with your claim. I truly hate to argue with any of you on here,but we have no idea of how those people live their life. This is a hair video. So the mom has terrible hair knowledge, that does not make her an abuser. It just makes her terrible with hair.

I hope they don't bother with your claim. I truly hate to argue with any of you on here,but we have no idea of how those people live their life. This is a hair video. So the mom has terrible hair knowledge, that does not make her an abuser. It just makes her terrible with hair.

Are you unaware that burning a child is child abuse? that putting a harsh chemical on a child's scalp and leaving it on there until the point that the child is crying a screaming for you to stop is abuse? that taping this foolishness for the amusement of others is downright wrong? Just as that woman who "combed" a little girls hair to the point of no return as she hit her and cussed at her for crying so is this. All it takes is ONE bad chemical burn for that girl to be scarred for life. I hope they do take me seriously.

Back