Ever get tired of protective styling???

Do you ever get tired of protective styling?

• Yes. I wanna enjoy my hair.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • Naw, I'm used to it.

Votes: 20 9.8%
  • Yes, but a sista's got goals.

Votes: 113 55.4%
  • Nope. I prefer protective styles.

Votes: 22 10.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sure I Do!!!

But - What I have noticed is that what I look at when I see other ladies around me is:

A. They are in the shop every week. I can't afford that....
B. That they cut it, all the time....
or
C. It is a weave.

So................

I stick with protection mode till.... I can be letter.... A. :look::look:

Rarely. & when I do I rollerset or flat iron. I prefer my twists & braids that A. Allow me to retain what i'm growing & B.Allow me to leave my hair alone for weeks at a time.

I like wearing certain protective styles and I do get tired of them, but when I do I let my hair outtttttttttt. *lol* I don’t believe that by wearing my hair ‘out’ every so often will hinder my length goals just as long as I stay on top of my regimen. :yep:

I already posted but I had my hair in a bun tonight and I guess it came down, because I was like what is on my back. It was my hair. I was ecstatic to just feel it there. Anyway, it was funny. It is close to bsl and I am feeling it and I am loving it, so the bun works and bunning I will continue to do.

i dont PS anymore. i just let it all hang out, why not? i DC every three days, i dont get breakage so i see no point in protective styling my hair.

Hey Ms Twana! :hiya2:

I was with you on that 6 month HYH challenge last year. I'm lovin' all the growth I got! I'm like you in that I use PS on my "hair lazy" days. Mostly on work days. It's not even that I'm worried about my ends, I just prefer to bun my hair and put in a cute hair toy.

DH doesn't care because I usually unleash my hair on weekends when we are out and about or just hangin at the house.

I choose Yes but a sista has goals. I basically wear my hair in buns Monday thru Fridays but on the weekends I will wear my hair down. Once I reach my ultimate goal of WL:spinning::yep: I will start wearing my hair down more but right now I'm use to protective styling. I've been doing it for almost 5 years but yea a sista is getting tired:yawn:

I'm kinda use to PSing now. Between nursing school and work I don't really have time to focus on my hair. Don't get me wrong though I would really love to enjoy my hair down more.

I voted yes, and as result, my hair is suffering right now. I just HATE protective styling now. I HATE it. I'm having a moment with my hair where I am just tempted to get a short cut again. Something edgy and funky that would just look good. and that would be short enough that if I maintained the cut, it wouldn't really matter what I did to the ends, because they'd be getting cut off within a couple months at trim time anyways.

I know i get tired of it. I mainly do wet bunning:yawn:
but when i see the progress i am making...hey it's all worth it:yep:

I don't really get tired of it because I'm lazy when it comes to my hair. Before I started this natural, healthy hair journey I primarily wore my hair in a ponytail or a bun. I really only wear my hair down on weekends (if that) and when I'm really going somewhere other than work.

I recently came to the discovery that my wigs are irritating my skin so I can no longer use my half wig as a PS :sad:. So now I will be bunning. :ohwell:

Sometimes....but PSing also means I'm not freaking about how my ends are rubbing up against my clothes. Sometimes we have to do what we don't like to do in order to get to where we want to be (and eventually I want to get to BSL).

NAH! since I've discovered half wigs, PSing is the best thing since sliced bread! Minimal combing (I'm lazy and styling impaired), hair totally protected and I never have a bad hair day :yep:

NAH! since I've discovered half wigs, PSing is the best thing since sliced bread! Minimal combing (I'm lazy and styling impaired), hair totally protected and I never have a bad hair day :yep:

I've been thinking about trying out half wigs. do you relax your edges and stretch or do you relax on your regular schedule.

Ppl look at me and think my hair isn't "done" and then when I do wear it out they automatically assume I went to the salon and got it "done"!:grin: Whatever. I do catch feelings though. I have a girlfriend and she would never be caught dead without her hair out and styled. One time we went to the movies with our kids - she said her daughter made her take her hair down b/c it was up (rainy day) b/c she was embarrassed that her mom looked like she didn't "do" her hair. So she always wears it down and she is staying right at shoulder length, even though it looks nice - it isn't going anywhere. Mine is in a bun and i've retained alot so...i guess i'll keep going!

I have gotten used to it. Since I want to lose weight and go to the gym 5 days a week my double buns have become my easy hair style. Also I retain length alot better with this hair style.

Yes. I am very tired and wish my hair was MBL already 2 to 3 more years :-(

Child please! I am so tired of looking like I don't have $$ for the salon. I am trying to make it to Full SL. It's a struggle I tell ya. If my mom asks me ONE MORE TIME why I am not going to the salon I might scream. She thinks I am hiding something! Ummm yeah MY HAIR! I am not broke mom. :wallbash:

For those of you that bun during the week then wear your hair down on the weekends, how do you pull that off? I would have to use heat to wear my hair down after bunning for a week. That's assuming you ladies are referring to straight when you say "down."

Hey Ms Twana! :hiya2:

I was with you on that 6 month HYH challenge last year. I'm lovin' all the growth I got! I'm like you in that I use PS on my "hair lazy" days. Mostly on work days. It's not even that I'm worried about my ends, I just prefer to bun my hair and put in a cute hair toy.

DH doesn't care because I usually unleash my hair on weekends when we are out and about or just hangin at the house.

Hey girl. :wave:

Child please! I am so tired of looking like I don't have $$ for the salon. I am trying to make it to Full SL. It's a struggle I tell ya. If my mom asks me ONE MORE TIME why I am not going to the salon I might scream. She thinks I am hiding something! Ummm yeah MY HAIR! I am not broke mom. :wallbash:

:lachen:

Back