Evening Primrose or Flaxseed

Brownshugaz

All you vitamin divas get in here! What's the difference between EPO and Flaxseed? Do I need to take Flaxseed if I'm taking EPO?

I've used both, and they both have Essential fatty acids.. I was on flaxseed for many months and stopped becuz i suspected it was making my skin overly oily although i was using double the recomened dosage, I did read though, that its almost IMPOSSIBLE for flaxseeed oil to be fresh becuz it turns almost the moment its pressed and then it becomes carcinogenic,,, As for evening primrose this stuff messed up my hormones so bad I had horrid pms and a period that was heavier and more painful than ever so i stopped, but many women have improved PMS and lighter periods from it so you just have to experiment 4 what works with your body... HTH

I was taking Flax seed oil, but I've switched to ground flax seeds. Tastes much better mixed in a smoothie. :lol: Since Flax seeds are heavier on the Omega 3 fatty acids, I also take an Omega 3-6-9 capsule.

I take UDO's Choice Oil Blend. It has a combination of "organic flax, sunflower, sesame seeds, epo, and the bran of rice and oats". It has 6.4g of omega 3, 3.2g of omega 6 and 3g of omega 9. I'm not sure if its meeting minimum "hair growth" requirements, but my scalp doesnt itch any more so I'm happy:)

Back