Ennyaa's Progress Pics (Bout a year's worth.)

Ennyaa

Ennyaa\'s Progress Pics (Bout a year\'s worth.)

Ok ladies, I'm joining in on the picture posting trend. I've been meaning to get some progress pics up for the LONGEST but just never had time.

Now that things are settling down for me, I was finally able to throw together my hair journal from last year. It actually starts in October 2002. I think I did pretty good even with a 3-4 inch cut of some scraggly ends in September. But I must say that I couldn't have done it without the beautiful, encouraging, helpful ladies on this board so thank you to ALL OF YOU!!
grin.gif

I didn't have time to make it pretty yet so the pics are just kinda thrown up there on a white background with black text. But now that the hard part is out of the way I can worry about making it look nice later.

Here is the link: Ennyaa's Hair Pics

Re: Ennyaa\'s Progress Pics (Bout a year\'s worth.)

You're very pretty!
smile.gif

Your hair has made great progress. It looks so pretty.

Beautiful wedding pic!

Happy growing!

Your hair looks nice and even with the cut, you achieved a lot of growth!

(You looked beautiful on your wedding day!)

Wow! Awesome progress. You look like a princess on your wedding day.

You're making me think I should take progress pics more often. For someone who hasn't posted progress pics before -- you've got a lot!! This is good... then you can keep track of where you've been and where you're going!

Other than when you're wearing braids, what do your "everyday styles" consist of?

great progress! even after the cut you seemed to regain that 3in she cut off rather quickly. i love progression pics so keep updating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job on those braids. I keep saying that I want to learn to do my own. You wedding pic was so cute. You really have made progress!

You had nice growth during that time...and you looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding. I think your hubby was probably looking like that because he noticed someone else eye-balling you...heehee
laugh.gif

But you are a beautiful couple. I can't wait to continue to see your future progress pics.

Hi Ennyaa!!! I'm so happy to see you!
smile.gif
Congrats on the wedding.....Emile will be so crushed.........

Your hair is coming along fabulously and I hope all is well with you!!!!

Beautiful pics! Great progress. You've got great skills as a braider.

P.S. You made a stunning bride!

Nice pics. Your ends don't look that bad. Just trim them off when you're ready. Btw, you were a beautiful bride
grin.gif

you were a GORGEOUS bride, ennyaa!!
smile.gif

you really did recover fast from the last big trim. i'm sure with the braids and mega moisture, you will make alot of progress in the coming year. good luck!!

aww I loved the wedding pics. And you and your hair are beautiful
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing, you hair is getting on very well and of course you look very beautiful on your wedding day.
clap.gif

You and your hair are lovely! Nice eyebrow in that 1-5-04 pic! Princess wedding...

Hey,
Amazing progress after the cut. Your hair just looked thicker and fuller and looonnnggeeerrr.
PS- You looked beautiful on your wedding day, u guys make a really cute couple.

Yes girl, you were a beautiful bride. Your hair is very pretty and you are making wonderful progress. Keep up the good work and keep it growing girl!
smile.gif
smile.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Y'all have me cheesing SO MUCH here at work this morning. Thanks everybody for all the compliments.

I had an AMAZING makeup artist on my wedding day so he gets all the credit for the eyebrows. (Nothing like a gay man to hook up your make-up ladies!) Thanks to him and the pouffiest dress on the planet
laugh.gif
I really did feel like a princess on my wedding day. Ahhh the memories.

The main reasons I started taking progress pics were:
1 - Adrienne inspired me.
2 - I hope to convince my sister to really start taking care of her hair.
3 - I hope to be able to encourage other black women the way I've been encouraged by the ladies on this board.
So I'll keep on taking them and updating every so often.

I do feel like I'm making pretty good progress but you know how we are. In the back of my mind over and over a little voice says "still not fast enough... still not fast enough..."
laugh.gif

Daviine please tell Emile I tried so hard to wait for him but he's just taking too long to grow up! He'll always be my in my heart tho.
wink.gif
I'm so sorry I'll be missing out on the NY get togethers since I moved but hopefully something good will get going down here in the ATL.

I just LUB you guys!
Ennyaa

Wow, that ws some album. Your wedding pics are beautiful and you are making great progress with your hair. Thanks for sharing
smile.gif

Oh and someone asked about my daily styles other than braids (a Godsend for me.)

Well when I felt like my hair was too short to do anything cute with, I used "Synthetic Ponytails a la Adrienne" to get me by. I had a REALLY cute afro-puff one that I loved in particular. But it's been months since I've worn one of those.

99.9 percent of the time I let my hair air-dry so I have to wear styles that will allow for that. Also since I'm largely natural at this point, gel is one of my best friends to smooth down my edges.

I get bored easy so I try a lot of different things when I'm not braided.
I do a lot of twist outs but I have to rod the ends still to make them curl.

Pretty often I do a french roll. Actually it's more like a french "tuck" which means I ball up my hair in the back of my head and pin it down then look to see how it came out and hope for the best. lol

Then I do what I call my "crown" style. I have a picture of the front of it in my journal. It's basically 2 big twists going around to the back of my head and I pin up the ends.

And finally, I am not above slicking my hair down and doin the ole "snatch-back"!

Your progress pics are great, you've really made a lot of progress! Your wedding pictures are divine as well.
smile.gif

ChocoKitty you got SERIOUS mane goin on there girl! Can't wait to get where you are.
smile.gif

Very nice pics! You looked beautiful on your wedding day. How did you learn to do your own braids?

You were a beautiful bride!!!

Very good progress too.

Ipanema, I learned to do my own braids through trial and error and necessity. Plus I'm slow, it usually takes me a whole weekend to do them. I don't know what I'll do when I finally have kids!
laugh.gif

Hi Ennyaa
wave.gif
Your pictures are really nice!! You and your hubby look SO cute together.
smile.gif
Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work with your hair growth
up.gif

Back