Ends feel worse after sleeping in a satin cap?

abcd09

Anyone else have this issue? It may be a fine haired thing.

I m&S and "tuck" them under, place the cap on the head, yet they either look crispy or "thinner" in the morning. This is even after a trim.

Few notes on my hair: relaxed fine/thin strands that are difficult/impossible to keep healthy. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.

What are some of the ways you protect your ends at night?

I cross wrap my hair at night and secure the ends with conair duckbill clips. Then I tie a satin scarf or bonnet. What are you using to m&s?

It's your products. They may feel good going on, but are not good overall. The best moisturizer I recommend is Neutrogena leave-in. It is light, absorbs well, and will give you soft, smoothed hair and ends. You may need a lighter oil too.

I think it's your products, your hair could be too fine for whatever it is you are using. My hair is similar, too much product (or heavy products) weigh my hair down and make it look and feel crunchy. When I was getting relaxer and wearing my hair straight I hardly used any product at all, a light oil here and there. My hair did well with that and weekly deep conditioning treatments.

I agree part of it has to do with your products.

Have you tried satin rollers or pin curling your hair? I used to do that and my ends were healthy.

Or it could also be your satin cap, not all of them are good quality.

My hair is also fine but instead of my ends, my edges feel horrible in the morning when I use a bad cap.

Last edited:
do you clarify from time to time? i have fine hair too and using a ton of product is the enemy. Be wary of excess product, it is not a friend of fine hair. Your hair may look and feel better with a small amount of product. Try clarifying (i use Quantam from Sallys), deep conning with heat, and then going very easy with product

as far as the cap I think you're better off just bunning and wearing a charmeuse silk scarf...

Last edited:
Back