Ends everywhere!

No it is not. It is very much a deep conditioner. The only protiens in ors replenishing conditioner are proteins that help soften(amino silk acid/silk proteins) the hair and provide elasticity(collagen). On the description it states it's purpose which includes moisturizing and softening to the hair. Many deep conditioners have proteins in them; however, their purpose is to contribute to adding moisture to the hair and they are usually in small quantity. Usually the types of proteins, how much protein in addition to the description on the bottle will reveal if a product is a protein treatment or a deep conditioner..

I've ben using ors replenishing conditioner for about 4 years as my deep conditioner and it has always made my hair extremely soft. I most definitely cosign that recommendation..

I've tried it and it left my feeling hard and dry, after rinsing. I had to follow up by moisturizing deep conditioner. I only knew people to use it as a protein treatment.

Thank you so much, and I didn't realize how uneducated I was about the things I should do to my hair.
What is baggying and what do you mean by "clarified"?

I've never heard of Komaza, hairveda... Or any of the other names you mentioned

And Carol's daughters prices are ridiculous. I paid $9 for a 2oz bottle of hairmilk. Ridiculous!

Silk Elements seems to be popular and queen Helene's.

Where can I find these natural products? I have never seem them.

9 bucks for two oz?! Ridiculous. I can't even moisturize my KNEES with that! :lol:

You have a TWA, right? So you would do what's called a whole head baggy. Moisturize your hair (don't saturate it, a little goes a long way) and put a shower cap over your hair. I usually baggy overnight, but some people baggy during the day under wigs.

Baggying traps moisture, makes your hair supple and is all-around awesome. :yep:

A good, cheap and easily accessible clarifying and chelating shampoo is ORS Creamy Aloe. You can get it from Walmart, your local bss, Sally's or any drug store.

Don't worry about not knowing everything-- there's a LOT to learn. Hell, I've been here for four years and still learn something new every day! :lol:

A good (and addicting!) place that's a one-stop-shop for a lot of great natural products is www.curlmart.com

Oyin, Enso, CURLS, Curl Junkie, As I Am, Jessicurl, Karen's Body Beautiful, Bee Mine, Aubrey Organics and waaaay more can be found there AND they're having a 20% off sale for two more days with the code SPARKLER. :grin:

Where can I purchase these and approximately what is the cost? Which one do you suggest over the other? Since you've been using the Silk Elements/ ORS Replenishing pak, have you noticed a significant difference in you hair?

Soquin:
You can purchase these from Sally Beauty Supply, I believe the online site has prices :yep:
Yes, I have noticed a difference in my hair, especially with the ORS Pak...it gives my hair so much 'slip' and really seems to penetrate with moisture!! Definitely give it a try!:grin:

No it is not. It is very much a deep conditioner. The only protiens in ors replenishing conditioner are proteins that help soften(amino silk acid/silk proteins) the hair and provide elasticity(collagen). On the description it states it's purpose which includes moisturizing and softening to the hair. Many deep conditioners have proteins in them; however, their purpose is to contribute to adding moisture to the hair and they are usually in small quantity. Usually the types of proteins, how much protein in addition to the description on the bottle will reveal if a product is a protein treatment or a deep conditioner..

I've been using ors replenishing conditioner for about 4 years as my deep conditioner and it has always made my hair extremely soft. I most definitely cosign that recommendation..

Very true RubyWoo...when my hair occasionally suffers from protein overload, I run straight to ORS Pak to 'fix' the problem...and it ends up feeling great, and so there's so much natural shine!:grin:

Here's some changes I made in my hair care to end my breakage due to dryness:

*Replaced 3 weekly shampoo sessions with co-washes
*Shampoo (clarify) only once a month
*Deep condition weekly with Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner (Best conditioner I've ever used and I've tried about 30! LOL) for 3 hours.
*Tuck your ends away. Gotta preserve those strands if you want them to last for years!
*Moisturize daily with my moisture spritz (5 parts water and 1 part Aubrey's HSR)
*Switch to finger combing. The repetitive motion of combing and brushing weakens the hair strand.

Cut out Dr. Miracle. I'd nevereverevereverever recommend their products. :nono:

Also cut out the Carol's Daughter, since it isn't working for you... plus, I hate CD and take any opportunity I can to talk crap about the products. They suck. :giggle:
----

:lol: I only tried Carol's Daughter a few times... NEVER AGAIN.

Cut out Dr. Miracle. I'd nevereverevereverever recommend their products. :nono:

Also cut out the Carol's Daughter, since it isn't working for you... plus, I hate CD and take any opportunity I can to talk crap about the products. They suck.
:giggle:

Like kittikat24 said, you're getting too much protein. The Dr. Miracle is a protein, Cantu is a light protein and the Monoi line is for breakage IIRC, so that's also a protein.

Do you have any other leave-ins/moisturizers that you can use?

How often do you deep condition and for how long do you deep condition?

Try using a cholesterol from Walgreens/Walmart/CVS. Queen Helene makes awesome cholesterols that are very moisturizing and cheap.

How are you styling your hair daily?

How often do you use heat?

WORD UP.

Back when she was tiny and in BK her stuff rocked. Now I would't touch her stuff with a ten foot pole.

WORD UP.

Back when she was tiny and in BK her stuff rocked. Now I would't touch her stuff with a ten foot pole.

Her products USED to be good ( or so I heard) but after she went commercial, it went downhill from there. I bought a couple of her commerical products from Sephora. ( Expensive as hayle, and didn't work at all). and this was during the time Jada Pinkett and MJB were advertising for her...wearing those damn wigs #FRAUD. :lol:

Her products USED to be good ( or so I heard) but after she went commercial, it went downhill from there. I bought a couple of her commerical products from Sephora. ( Expensive as hayle, and didn't work at all). and this was during the time Jada Pinkett and MJB were advertising for her...wearing those damn wigs #FRAUD. :lol:

YES! I felt so betrayed by them, especially Will and Jada! :lachen:

I bought some body stuff too, and was super excited to try SugarDumplinBrownSugarCookieDip or whatever the hell it's called :lachen: because Will kept going on and on about how good it smelled.

That crap smelled like vaseline, plastic and chocolate food coloring. A complete mess. :lol:

I spent either close to, or over 200 bucks, thinking I'd never have to search for good products again. After I tried everything out, I was sick. All that money down the drain. :nono:

I honestly dont think too highly of CD hair products. I suggest you try a different type of protein treatment. Maybe aphogee 2min or nexxus emergencee. Then I would use a very moisturizing DC. How long do you DC for??

I also wouldn't use Cantu leave in everyday. Do you have any moisturizers or leave ins that are moisturizing? Have you examined your ends? When was the last time you trimmed?

Thanks! Im thinking about trying the aphogee. I don't have any other moisturizers or deep conditioners. However, I'm trying to make a list of things I might Want to include in my new regimen. I just cut my ends a month ago and I have no splits or single strand nots but my hair is breaking!

I'm no hair expert but from what I've learned in the last 6 months is; you are using way too much protein. You should be using a DC without protein following the CD Monoi protein treatment but for now you should strictly use conditioners and moisturizers without protein to balance all that protein.

Thank you! Everyone is such a big help. If you ladies wouldn't have pointed this out, I would be heading Down the pathway of breakage!

Baggying is applying a plastic cap/shower cap on your head and leaving it for a length of time to infuse moisture into your hair. Some people do not apply products to their hair before baggying. They let the natural sebum work for them. I've tried baggying and it irritated me (don't like hearing that crunch sound while trying to sleep). To infuse moisture into my strands, I use steam (I have a steamer).

I started out my healthy hair journey by using a clarifying shampoo. There are a lot of them out there and maybe someone can make some recommendations. But, I wanted to start using natural products and now use Rhassoul or Bentonite clay to clarify my hair instead of a commercial clarifying shampoo. I clarify about twice a month and have noticed a marked improvement in my ends. In the past, when my ends began to feel rough and a clarifying shampoo did not help, I would do a dusting. Now I don't have to dust as frequently 'cause the clay does a very good job of keeping my ends smooth and accentuate my curls.

I love Hairveda.com, Komazahaircare.com, shescentit.com, Oyinhandmade.com, and other natural hair care companies. Visit the vendor forum. There are lots of natural hair care and commercial hair care vendors listed along with reviews and upcoming sales.

If I need to use an oil that penetrates, I use meadowfoam seed oil I bought from fromnaturewithlove.com during a sale....I see it's still on sale!

http://fromnaturewithlove.com/specials.asp#hydrosols

I do. But read the labels and do a lot more reading of various topics on this forum to find out what works and what only gives mediocre results.

Hope I wasn't too chatty......

Not at all mam. You were more than helpful and extremely informative. I'm seriously going to take a look at these other natural products. I was in love with Carol's daughters, but I am being turned away- headed to the pathway of righteousness... Jk.... But thanks you so much!

And one last question. Where do you purchase the clarifying Clays from?

Thanks! Im thinking about trying the aphogee. I don't have any other moisturizers or deep conditioners. However, I'm trying to make a list of things I might Want to include in my new regimen. I just cut my ends a month ago and I have no splits or single strand nots but my hair is breaking!

You're welcome! Also try including ceramides in your routine. They definitely make a difference. I also cosign on the silk elements megasilk its been a staple since after the first use.

9 bucks for two oz?! Ridiculous. I can't even moisturize my KNEES with that! :lol:

You have a TWA, right? So you would do what's called a whole head baggy. Moisturize your hair (don't saturate it, a little goes a long way) and put a shower cap over your hair. I usually baggy overnight, but some people baggy during the day under wigs.

Baggying traps moisture, makes your hair supple and is all-around awesome. :yep:

A good, cheap and easily accessible clarifying and chelating shampoo is ORS Creamy Aloe. You can get it from Walmart, your local bss, Sally's or any drug store.

Don't worry about not knowing everything-- there's a LOT to learn. Hell, I've been here for four years and still learn something new every day! :lol:

A good (and addicting!) place that's a one-stop-shop for a lot of great natural products is www.curlmart.com

Oyin, Enso, CURLS, Curl Junkie, As I Am, Jessicurl, Karen's Body Beautiful, Bee Mine, Aubrey Organics and waaaay more can be found there AND they're having a 20% off sale for two more days with the code SPARKLER. :grin:

Thanks. That's a very good tip... I used to think the more the better! Haha but it's quite the opposite and I will check out the sites. I'm determined to find a regimen that works for me

Soquin:
You can purchase these from Sally Beauty Supply, I believe the online site has prices :yep:
Yes, I have noticed a difference in my hair, especially with the ORS Pak...it gives my hair so much 'slip' and really seems to penetrate with moisture!! Definitely give it a try!:grin:

Yes mam and thanks again! I will try the Ors conditioning pack!

I bought some body stuff too, and was super excited to try SugarDumplinBrownSugarCookieDip or whatever the hell it's called :lachen: because Will kept going on and on about how good it smelled.

That crap smelled like vaseline, plastic and chocolate food coloring. A complete mess. :lol:

I spent either close to, or over 200 bucks, thinking I'd never have to search for good products again. After I tried everything out, I was sick. All that money down the drain. :nono:

:lachen: :lachen: DYING!!

Here's some changes I made in my hair care to end my breakage due to dryness:

*Replaced 3 weekly shampoo sessions with co-washes
*Shampoo (clarify) only once a month
*Deep condition weekly with Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner (Best conditioner I've ever used and I've tried about 30! LOL) for 3 hours.
*Tuck your ends away. Gotta preserve those strands if you want them to last for years!
*Moisturize daily with my moisture spritz (5 parts water and 1 part Aubrey's HSR)
*Switch to finger combing. The repetitive motion of combing and brushing weakens the hair strand.

Finger combing.... Sounds like a good idea. And I need to purchase a spray bottle.

Organic honey suckle rose conditioner... Does it contain any harmful products?

Thanks Missy

I'm so sorry to hear that! Will and Jada were probably endorsed to talk about the products. Smh... They might not have ever used them. But at least we both know to never go back lol!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that! Will and Jada were probably endorsed to talk about the products. Smh... They might not have ever used them. But at least we both know to never go back lol!!!!

I highly doubt any of them use it. Thats like Beyonce talking about about how vibrant and healthy her hair is from using Loreal products. I love you B but, we all know its a wig. :lachen:

Thanks chica. Didn't know that. Do you recommend using cholesterol with a dc?

I havent had good luck with any of them. I only use them to quick condition.

I've tried Lustrasilk mango and shea butter, I like this one
Sallys Silk elements cholesterol this left my hair hard as a rock.

Many people like the queene helene one.

They are fairly inexpensive too

Will, Jada and a few others were venture capitalist in her line.

Once she blew up the integrity of her products changed.

I tried CD Loc Butter recently after running out of my precious Shea Butter and my twist-out was Dry abd super T-H-I-R-S-T-Y. I threw that crap away and had to trim my ends. Never again :-(

I went CD crazy before joining LHCF for all the wrong reasons - I stan for Mary J. Blige. I was all about the product since she and Jada was promoting it. I won't be repurchasing. I've found cheaper, more-effective alternatives.

I've ben using ors replenishing conditioner for about 4 years as my deep conditioner and it has always made my hair extremely soft. I most definitely cosign that recommendation..

ITA. Just because it has protein doesn't mean its a protein treatment. Staple moisture DC for about 2yrs. Soft hair every time :yep:

OP, I agree you may be needing more moisture give the ORS a try. Also, monoi oil is basically fragranced coconut oil; which has a hardening effect on some ppl's hair, I'm one of them. Nix the oil for a while and see if that helps too.

Last edited:
I havent had good luck with any of them. I only use them to quick condition.

I've tried Lustrasilk mango and shea butter, I like this one
Sallys Silk elements cholesterol this left my hair hard as a rock.

Many people like the queene helene one.

They are fairly inexpensive too

The various Cholesterol deep conditioners are SO inexpensive (and cheap looking:look:) that I'm never prompted to purchase it...but I'm going to lay my judgements aside and try it this wk!!:grin:
Now that I think on it, I've noticed alot of WL sistas use QueenHelene...?:rolleyes:

ITA. Just because it has protein doesn't mean its a protein treatment. Staple moisture DC for about 2yrs. Soft hair every time :yep:

OP, I agree you may be needing more moisture give the ORS a try. Also, monoi oil is basically fragranced coconut oil; which has a hardening effect on some ppl's hair, I'm one of them. Nix the oil for a while and see if that helps too.

Thanks I will. Now I'm in search for a good moisturizer.

Ok so I was about to order some products online. But right before I did, I took a shower and got extremely desperate for some conditioner( that wasn't Carol's daughter lol) and used my roommates triple oil fructis conditioner. My hair felt amazing afterwards and I had fewer breaks. The conditioner had a lot of slip and really hydrated my crispy hair. Do you ladies think this product would be effective (longterm) for 3c hair?

Back