Encourage hair to grow and thicken

brandy

I read that one could thicken hair and encourage it grow faster by mixing rosemary e o with either jojoba oil, castor oil or olive oil. I also read it could be used for alopaecia (sp) as well to encourage hair growth.

Has anyone tried this yet? What were your results like?
I would really want to know because I am going to start this soon.Thank you.

I have not tried it. Rosemary does encourage growth as well as a lot of other oils.

Here's a thread that may help you out.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261&highlight=proven+hair+growth+oil

Also, I jotted down this recipe form a study that was done on alopecia sufferer's. For some reason I can't find the link right now but here's the recipe:

Cedarwood (2 drops)
Lavender (3 drops)
Rosemary (2 drops)
Thyme (2 drops)
Jojoba (1/2 teaspoon)
Grapeseed (4 teaspoons)

I recommend that you do the research on any oils before using them.

I add rosemary essential oil to my topical growth potion. It is coconut oil and black castor oil to which I have added several drops of tea tree oil, rosemary oil and cayenne extract. I try lots of different things all the times. I stop using some things and try other new things, but one of the things I will never drop is rosemary oil. As you have heard, it is great for stimulating growth as well as other essential oils. Rosemary oil is also a key ingredient in Nature's Blessings hair pomade which I just love. I research things for days, sometimes weeks, before using them, so like Pokahontas said, make sure you do your research before using them.

Pokahontas said:
I have not tried it. Rosemary does encourage growth as well as a lot of other oils.

Here's a thread that may help you out.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=1261&highlight=proven+hair+growth+oil

Also, I jotted down this recipe form a study that was done on alopecia sufferer's. For some reason I can't find the link right now but here's the recipe:

Cedarwood (2 drops)
Lavender (3 drops)
Rosemary (2 drops)
Thyme (2 drops)
Jojoba (1/2 teaspoon)
Grapeseed (4 teaspoons)

I recommend that you do the research on any oils before using them.
Thank you Pokahontas,
I will certainly do a research!

adw425 said:
I add rosemary essential oil to my topical growth potion. It is coconut oil and black castor oil to which I have added several drops of tea tree oil, rosemary oil and cayenne extract. I try lots of different things all the times. I stop using some things and try other new things, but one of the things I will never drop is rosemary oil. As you have heard, it is great for stimulating growth as well as other essential oils. Rosemary oil is also a key ingredient in Nature's Blessings hair pomade which I just love. I research things for days, sometimes weeks, before using them, so like Pokahontas said, make sure you do your research before using them.

Did you notice any faster growth? Thank you for responding.

I don't know, really. I never put anything on my scalp until about a year ago, but when I started using topical oils for my scalp to encourage and stimulate growth, I know I did feel the tingling sometimes and other times there was no overt tingling, but my scalp just felt happy...cannot really explain it -- just take my word for it... I take supplements, which I have been doing for years anyway and I really pamper my hair, but I still do not know if I get more than a half inch a month. What I do know is that I am retaining what is growing. I have seen alot of retention over the last 13 months (from moisturizing, pampering my ends and having ceased pressing my hair a couple times a week after I let my relaxer grow out), but I am not sure at all if I have gotten extra growth beyond the standard half inch a month...

Back