Embarrassing pics... but im desperate for help!!!

Tolle

Team Fluid
Have you ever seen thin lifeless hair transform itself without chopping it off? The front of my hair is so torn down due to glue in tracks that I don’t know what to do. The back isn’t so bad but the front....:nono:. Ive been washing and deep conditioning @ least weekly sometimes more since my last relaxer (6weeks). Ive also been air drying but have noticed so much shedding and a lil breakage. Ive got nice new growth coming in but the condition of my hair hasn’t improved. I did notice that when I blow-dried (1 and only time on Xmas cuz I was uber pressed for time) I did not experience as much hair loss. Could air drying be hurting me more than helping?? Not to ramble on but I also use Aphogee 2 min 1x week and I have been using protective styling with the exception of on Xmas and Thanksgiving. Please send any help my way...
hair015-1.jpg

hair032.jpg

hair030.jpg

Yes! I've done it. If you are relaxed I would skip that section and only relax the back until it revives itself. It should take about 6months or so....perhaps sooner.

I look forward to seeing your progress pics showing off your fullness. I'm sure other ladies will come in with other suggestions.

Please keep a journal about what you are doing as well.

Ok so I'm no expert and the other ladies probably could help you way more than I could. But I would just lay off ANY heat and continue air drying and conditioning. I cant understand why air drying would do any harm, if anything I think it would help.

I would use coconut oil in my hair to make sure it is very moisturized, continue with the deep conditioning, lay off the heat, no more tension from pull backs or weaves and massage your scalp for 10 minutes daily with an essential oil of your choice. Perhaps one that stimulates your scalp, rosemary, peppermint oil or a mix. I would really nurture your hair and just leave it alone, focus on treating your scalp.

Hope this helps.

Awwwwwww :bighug: I definitely feel your pain!! You may want to try using some Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) on the areas you feel are most thinned out. Also, what are you using to DC is it a moisturizing or protein conditioner? I ask because I see you are using Aphogee 2 min reconstructor weekly and that is protein.

Ok so I'm no expert and the other ladies probably could help you way more than I could. But I would just lay off ANY heat and continue air drying and conditioning. I cant understand why air drying would do any harm, if anything I think it would help.

I would use coconut oil in my hair to make sure it is very moisturized, continue with the deep conditioning, lay off the heat, no more tension from pull backs or weaves and massage your scalp for 10 minutes daily with an essential oil of your choice. Perhaps one that stimulates your scalp, rosemary, peppermint oil or a mix. I would really nurture your hair and just leave it alone, focus on treating your scalp.

Hope this helps.

I agree. And when you use essential oils ALWAYS use it with a carrier oil, like evoo.

When I airdried my hair was much drier and I got more breakage. You have to listen to your hair. I dont advocate using heat every week but I think for some people airdrying might do more harm than good. Can you sit under a hooded dryer on cool or low air?

And like someone else said, dont relax the front for a while.

Air drying did not work for me either. Have you considered roller sets under a hooded dryer? Rollersets are great because they offer several styling options through out the week as the curls continue to fall.

Yes! I've done it. If you are relaxed I would skip that section and only relax the back until it revives itself. It should take about 6months or so....perhaps sooner.

I look forward to seeing your progress pics showing off your fullness. I'm sure other ladies will come in with other suggestions.

Please keep a journal about what you are doing as well.

what she said i transformed my nape and did not relax this section gave it extra moisture and tlc i am almost bsl my nape is now apl

Last edited:
I think your hair can transform. I really do.

The back of your hair looks nice and healthy, so to me that means the front can look the same with some nurturing.

No more glue ins. Maybe you could invest in half wig and wear with a head band that way, you really wouldn't have to manipulate the front at all.

Try the scarf method- I swear it will lay down your front bangs. Wash, apply leave ins, put a scarf on until your hair air dries or sit under the dryer for 30 minues.

That's embarrassing?

Please I was the glue queen for ten years and only if I can find this one picture of my bald spots that a friend took of me (being funny) after years of wearing glue!!!!!!!

You'd fall off the bed! My hair had soooo many bald spots, my bangs looked waaaay worse than yours does now. My hair was only about an inch long in some spots and that was long parts of my hair.

I was actually running out of hair to cover the tracks with.

See siggy and fotki for how I was able to bring my hair back after a decade of wearing glue. I wore sew ins back to back for six months and was amazed that my hair grew back strong and healthier than ever!

OP: You received alot of good advice. IA: The back of your Hair is Wonderfully 'Healthy':grin:

I would restrict the washing/conditioning to once a week instead of multiple times a week.

You didn't say how often you relax, but I would stretch that some. And as Blizzard suggested, I would either skip that section all together or definitely not process it bone-straight.

I would also continue with my DC Treatments, and keep my Protein & Moisture in Balance.

I'd probably let it rest this winter and go under a Wig or Half-Wig like Self-Styled Suggested and just baby that Front until Spring/Summer.:yep:

And rub a little oil either JBCO or some other type of oil on the Thinning areas. Personally, I would mix a little Mega-Tek with some JBCO, but that would be my 'personal preference' :look: to thicken that area up a bit.

I'm sure it will turn around. Stay encouraged.:yep:

Have you ever seen thin lifeless hair transform itself without chopping it off? The front of my hair is so torn down due to glue in tracks that I don’t know what to do. The back isn’t so bad but the front....:nono:. Ive been washing and deep conditioning @ least weekly sometimes more since my last relaxer (6weeks). Ive also been air drying but have noticed so much shedding and a lil breakage. Ive got nice new growth coming in but the condition of my hair hasn’t improved. I did notice that when I blow-dried (1 and only time on Xmas cuz I was uber pressed for time) I did not experience as much hair loss. Could air drying be hurting me more than helping?? Not to ramble on but I also use Aphogee 2 min 1x week and I have been using protective styling with the exception of on Xmas and Thanksgiving. Please send any help my way...

Hi Renew –

Yes, I have seen this – on myself so I know how you feel….

The thing to do know is to baby your hair. When my hair was shedding – I found that a light trim/dust helped me out tremendously…I also think that the next time you wash your hair incorporate a moisturinzing dc ((i.e. Kenra MC, Loreal Mega Moisture, or Nexxus Humectress) then you should try a hardcore protein (either Aphogee 2 step or Emergencee) and then alternate the Aphogee 2 minute with a Moisturizing DC …I find that these don’t weigh down my fine hair) - This is what I did for my hair… I actually washed and conditioned my hair 2-3 times a week

I don’t air dry my hair – I actually rollerset my hair and dry under a dryer…I found that air drying did not work for me. Also because some of the leave in conditioners that I use to set my hair benefit more from the heat of the dryer than not. Be very careful when protective styling as to not put any more tension on your fragile strands…(loose buns/ponytails)

Also unless you have some kind of event coming up (my excuse) try to stretch out your relaxer to 8-12 weeks (this is my limit...as I wear my hair out it cannot take the stress of the new growth…)

HTH

You should try Mega Tek Conditioner, Apply it to your scalp 2-3 times per week. Try air drying in twist or braids to limiit the manipulation of your hair. Since you are having breakage and are using Aphogee 2 minute weekly, it may be too much protein try deep conditioning with moisture instead of protein. Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask is a great deep conditioner and easy to find. Also apply a water based moisturizer on your hair daily and seal with olive oil or coconut oil.

There is hope for your hair. I've seen worse heads of hair that were able to transform and that includes my own. I would be very diligent about dc'ing (incorporating both protien and moisture) and I would stretch your relaxer out for a while. Your hair needs time to heal, you may not want to use any chemicals during this nuturing phase.

I ALSO DEEP CONDITION WITH ORS REPLENSHING PAK AFTER MY APHOGEE 2 MIN. JUST HEARING FROM OTHERS THAT I CAN COME BACK FROM TJIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER.

I was thinking about the scalp massage with essential oil mix, airdrying always made my hair hard so do what your hair speaks to you. I would suggest wearing full wigs if you want to give your hair a rest for the winter.

Good luck on your journey.

I ALSO DEEP CONDITION WITH ORS REPLENSHING PAK AFTER MY APHOGEE 2 MIN. JUST HEARING FROM OTHERS THAT I CAN COME BACK FROM TJIS MAKES ME FEEL BETTER.

This combo maybe a little too much for your hair as the ORS is considered a proteinish type of condish...

I would use these two separately versus one after the other...

And if you choose to wear wigs, make sure you take out the combs in them and use bobby pins instead to prevent breakage. And when you wear them or any style for the matter, try not put any tension on your edges by pushing your hair back too much.

I agree. And when you use essential oils ALWAYS use it with a carrier oil, like evoo.

When I airdried my hair was much drier and I got more breakage. You have to listen to your hair. I dont advocate using heat every week but I think for some people airdrying might do more harm than good. Can you sit under a hooded dryer on cool or low air?

And like someone else said, dont relax the front for a while.

I know airdrying is suppossed to be best but I really dont think it agrees wit my hair....

I think your hair can transform. I really do.

The back of your hair looks nice and healthy, so to me that means the front can look the same with some nurturing.

No more glue ins. Maybe you could invest in half wig and wear with a head band that way, you really wouldn't have to manipulate the front at all.

Try the scarf method- I swear it will lay down your front bangs. Wash, apply leave ins, put a scarf on until your hair air dries or sit under the dryer for 30 minues.

Ive stalked your fotki for inspiration b4... thanks. and i love your bathroom!!!

Air drying did not work for me either. Have you considered roller sets under a hooded dryer? Rollersets are great because they offer several styling options through out the week as the curls continue to fall.

Im def gonna try roller sets... although there isnt much to set in the front

:perplexed
That's embarrassing?

Please I was the glue queen for ten years and only if I can find this one picture of my bald spots that a friend took of me (being funny) after years of wearing glue!!!!!!!

You'd fall off the bed! My hair had soooo many bald spots, my bangs looked waaaay worse than yours does now. My hair was only about an inch long in some spots and that was long parts of my hair.

I was actually running out of hair to cover the tracks with.

See siggy and fotki for how I was able to bring my hair back after a decade of wearing glue. I wore sew ins back to back for six months and was amazed that my hair grew back strong and healthier than ever!

embarrasing yes... especially when Ive been hiding behind purchased hair for so long...the bolded was my wakeup call:perplexed hopefully i can start see some of the progress that u got

OP your hair can definitely make a turnaround, and you've received lots of good advice from the ladies here.

From my own experience, I only airdry once in a blue moon because for some reason my hair breaks when it airdries.

Also, I do not apply relaxer to the most sensitive parts of my hair... those strands that snap at anything. Regardless of whether those unrelaxed parts looks kinky or not, I can usually blend the textures with some flatironing or scarfing.

Good luck with your hairjourney. You have a great starting point!

Awwwwwww :bighug: I definitely feel your pain!! You may want to try using some Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) on the areas you feel are most thinned out. Also, what are you using to DC is it a moisturizing or protein conditioner? I ask because I see you are using Aphogee 2 min reconstructor weekly and that is protein.

Yep what she said about JBCO.

I think that the thinness in the front is due to the tension of the weave or pulling out the glue. I think that if you let that part of your hair rest without putting any more tension on it, it will grow back.

I can't airdry either. It leaves my hair dry, brittle and prone to breakage.

Good luck!

I have this SAME issue in the same area of my head and its sore from time to time :( I'm using BT and plan to buy some oils. My hair use to be dry when i air dried so i figured it was the leave in. I stated experimenting and found NTM leave in and my hair loves it. I part big sections of my hair apply detangle and braid. i end up with about 8 - 10 braids. the next day its about 80% dry I take down apply BT to scalp massage then corn row hair. I use different directions each time. Once I braid I try to leave it for 2 weeks.
I also use ORS scalp scrub. So girl we are on this journey together!!

Back