Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer!!!!

BrwnSugaBabee

Ok as ya'll know i have been in braids for about a month, and recently took them out. I started doing co washes and using the baggie method. Well my hair has come along way in a months time! I owe it in part to this new hair moisturizer I have been using. Elasta QP REcovery Oil Moisturizer. It contains all natural ingredients! When i use the baggie method i put this stuff and some wild growth oil on my hair, at the end of the days my curls are the most defined that they have ever been, and my hair feels soo much stronger. I am usually afraid to straighten my hair because it cant handle much heat. but after using this stuff, I have seen very little breakage since my press. I love this stuff, so I thought I would share the info! Happy hair growing!

I'm falling in love with this too. I'm able to use it on my flat ironed hair and not lose too much swing/bounce. My hair needs moisture daily and this is working pretty good!

Throwing in my loose change (when I should be studying)...

This stuff is great! I put a little on my hair in the mornings and it freshens it right up. It straightens my hair out if I've had it in a twisted bun or anything like that; so it makes it easy to style and gives it back some body. Nice and light so it puts some movement back in my hair without weighing it down. I find adding a little serum on my hair afterwards is the perfect combo. No buildup. No residue. Very handy product for my arsenal. And cheap!

yes! I put a lil on before i wrap my hair at night an in the morning its not weighed down like most other products tend to do. LOVE this stuff! It also smells nice. @ Brazen I should be studying too!LOL

WHERE DO YOU BUY ELASTA PRODUCTS!!!! I've read the positive posts on it and now I wonder, where can I get some? I live in predominantly white area so they cater more to them in Sally's. Dont ask about the other beauty supply stores because there aren't any.
Is this an online thing?

Well, I bought mine at a Sally's and I live in a predominately (did i spell that right lol) white area also. But maybe try Walmart or rite aid

mscounselor said:
WHERE DO YOU BUY ELASTA PRODUCTS!!!! I've read the positive posts on it and now I wonder, where can I get some? I live in predominantly white area so they cater more to them in Sally's. Dont ask about the other beauty supply stores because there aren't any.
Is this an online thing?

I usually buy it at Sally's and not in predominantly black areas, so it's worth giving it a shot to avoid shipping. BUT, here are a couple of online places that have it:

paynesbeautysupply.com
havanabeautysupply.com

I'm sure there are more, so if anyone knows some better ones...
I've only ordered from the first place (can't vouch for the second), but they delivered in a timely fashion. No problems. I hope that helps!

P.S. We Floridians have to stick together.

BrwnSugaBabee said:
yes! I put a lil on before i wrap my hair at night an in the morning its not weighed down like most other products tend to do. LOVE this stuff! It also smells nice. @ Brazen I should be studying too!LOL

Funny how studying makes me sleepy and hair talk wakes me up. My roommate and I have been trolling these boards alllll day... not that we have midterms, oh no.

BrwnSugaBabee said:
Well, I bought mine at a Sally's and I live in a predominately (did i spell that right lol) white area also. But maybe try Walmart or rite aid
Ladies it looks like a road trip! ;) There are many Sally's in the Orlando area so maybe I just need to call ahead or shop around.
Thanks for the time response.
Yes we Floridians need to look out for each other.. :)

Hay i feel left out! I'm from CA LOL. At least we know studying doesnt get done in either state :perplexed . This board is a great diversion from my midterms, cause we all need a break right. Except I have been on "break" for like 4 hours now! hmmmm? :ohwell:

BrwnSugaBabee said:
Hay i feel left out! I'm from CA LOL. At least we know studying doesnt get done in either state :perplexed . This board is a great diversion from my midterms, cause we all need a break right. Except I have been on "break" for like 4 hours now! hmmmm? :ohwell:

Well, I'm at school in CA, does that count?? :)

Hmmm...I need a companion to my Woogee Cream and Elasta QP Mango Butter...may have to cop this. Been hearing too much about this from Type 4 heads...

[size=+1]This is my staple product. This is the only leave in I need. It has helped me retain 8" of hair....minus the 1" trim. The only drawback is....the bottle is too small. But it you want hair as soft as silk and well moisturized...give it a try.[/size]

Does anybody blow dry with this? I'll have to try it. I didn't particulary like it on wet hair but I love it on dry hair. I wonder how a blowout would turn out.

I just LOVE this moisturizer, it's my alternative to Cathy Howse's creme moisturizer and it works just as good as hers. THis stuff leaves my hair so soft without being greasy and it also defines my curls!

Alli77 said:
I just LOVE this moisturizer, it's my alternative to Cathy Howse's creme moisturizer and it works just as good as hers. THis stuff leaves my hair so soft without being greasy and it also defines my curls!

Sayyyy word?!!! Cause that is what I started out with...but it got to be too costly and having to order online to get it...the shipping was killing me.

I must seek this out this week.

MonaLisa said:
Sayyyy word?!!! Cause that is what I started out with...but it got to be too costly and having to order online to get it...the shipping was killing me.

I must seek this out this week.

for real girl, this stuff is no joke! I'm falling in love with elasta products all over again:lol: . Don't get me wrong the Cathy Howse stuff is great, but as you've mentioned the shipping can be a pain, this stuff (elasta) is really good...the only product that it has in it is mineral oil but it's way down on the list so it doesn't bother me that much. But it's my opinion that it's just as good as UBH's creme moisturizer.

Alli77 said:
for real girl, this stuff is no joke! I'm falling in love with elasta products all over again:lol: . Don't get me wrong the Cathy Howse stuff is great, but as you've mentioned the shipping can be a pain, this stuff (elasta) is really good...the only product that it has in it is mineral oil but it's way down on the list so it doesn't bother me that much. But it's my opinion that it's just as good as UBH's creme moisturizer.

Oh, I'm definitely copping this. I don't have an issue with the mineral oil thing...
I'm not putting it on my scalp...it's going on my hair...and my hair loves it.

Thanks girl!;)

Alli77 said:
the only product that it has in it is mineral oil but it's way down on the list so it doesn't bother me that much.

It's really second on the list, I believe behind water... Elasta lists the "herbal" ingredients first for some reason. They say something like "herbal, herbal, herbal in Water, Mineral Oil, etc." But, it hasn't been bothering me so I don't mind :lol: .

Well I started using this as a leave-in after Adrienne raved about it, and since then Ive been in love. Its great as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer!

Babygurl said:
Well I started using this as a leave-in after Adrienne raved about it, and since then Ive been in love. Its great as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer!

Okay that's it! I'm going to the BSS across the street and see if they have it in tomorrow.:lol:

Babygurl said:
Hope you like it, b/c i LOVE it.

Then I should be fine. I did the Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum because of you...and my hair really liked it. Debating whether to even bother with the Aphoghee.

;)

Last edited:
Puddles said:
[size=+1]This is my staple product. This is the only leave in I need. It has helped me retain 8" of hair....minus the 1" trim. The only drawback is....the bottle is too small. But it you want hair as soft as silk and well moisturized...give it a try.[/size]

probably a stupid question but, do you mean use it as a leave in on wet hair to protect against heat?

BrwnSugaBabee said:
Ok as ya'll know i have been in braids for about a month, and recently took them out. I started doing co washes and using the baggie method. Well my hair has come along way in a months time! I owe it in part to this new hair moisturizer I have been using. Elasta QP REcovery Oil Moisturizer. It contains all natural ingredients! When i use the baggie method i put this stuff and some wild growth oil on my hair, at the end of the days my curls are the most defined that they have ever been, and my hair feels soo much stronger. I am usually afraid to straighten my hair because it cant handle much heat. but after using this stuff, I have seen very little breakage since my press. I love this stuff, so I thought I would share the info! Happy hair growing!

i love this product too, i stop using this but i'm going back to it, Ladies you can get free sample at http://elastaqp.com that how i found this product

Ok, I just have to give a shout out to Recovery one more time. This stuff is GREAT! I flat ironed my hair on Saturday, and by Sunday night, it was feeling really dry and crispy. I was using NTM as my daily moisturizer, but my hair would be bone dry again in like 5 minutes. On Monday, I started using Recovery before I wrapped my hair at night. My hair is SO SOFT and it stays like that all day. Plus, I have been using it every night for 3 days straight (a good sized amount too) and my hair hasn't lost a ounce of bounce yet! This is my new staple!!!

i have been wrapping my hair at night with this stuff and in the morning my hair still is bouncy too, and feels really silky afterwards! LOVE this stuff! :grin:

Back