Elasta QP Intense.....#4 Hydrolzed Silk Protein...

HERicane10

I originally purchased this as 1 of my 4 DC to rotate; but I've been using this for the last week as a leave-in conditioner! :cloud9: The 4th ingredient is silk protein and several yummy :lick: ingredients come right after that. It leave my hair shiny, smooth, and silky! :love4: Anyone else used this as a leave-in?

Last edited:
There was a thread, "Elasta qp Intense reminds me of Lacio Lacio" that said the same thing. As soon as I use up my Lacio Lacio (which I have to buy on line) I will try using Elasta qp Intense (which I can buy at WalMart) as a leave-in.

I love it as a leave-in. It also works wonderfully when sealed with a bit of coconut oil and worn underneath a baggy overnight.

I only used elasta qp mango butter...I always wondered about this stuff but afraid to purchase it for fear it will end up in the grave yard of other failed products. But you convienced me to try it.

The only thing is my hair doesn't do well with too much protein, Im afraid it will leave my hair hard as a leave in- What is it intended for anyway?

I thought the directions say to wash it out. Are you just using it as a leave-in? I started to buy it a while ago but after i read that, I put it back.

I use this as both a leave in and DC. I love it! I bought that liter size and got a pump from the BSS. It makes it look very professional and high- end!

I keep forgetting to buy this to try as a leave-in. Ill pick sum up tomarrow
If this makes my hair feel like Lacio then its a wrap for ordering Lacio again.

I use this as both a leave in and DC. I love it! I bought that liter size and got a pump from the BSS. It makes it look very professional and high- end!

Where the heck did you find the liter size??!!?!?!?!?

I had to go to four different beauty supply stores because the all ran out of my beloved Intense. :love2: I just successfully air dried my hair for the first time tonight. I'll have to try this as a leave in.

Question: In terms of moisture, how effective was the Intense work as a leave in?

Bumping. on the last question.

"Question: In terms of moisture, how effective was the Intense work as a leave in?"

I only used elasta qp mango butter...I always wondered about this stuff but afraid to purchase it for fear it will end up in the grave yard of other failed products. But you convienced me to try it.

The only thing is my hair doesn't do well with too much protein, Im afraid it will leave my hair hard as a leave in- What is it intended for anyway?

Lol! @ grave yard of failed products. I can feel you on this one. I had friend suggest the mango butter which is really nice and thick but although it's nice I still get extremely dry hair and it sucks. :( I got a free sample of their intense condish and shampoo in there and I really like it. I mean it was a nice tingle and just felt like it was truly working my scalp. The shampoo didn't strip just cleaned up my hair. The condish was not half-bad but shampoo is usually easy to rate after one try vs condish which seems to take a couple rounds to be sure it's doing it's job. I wanna buy the full size of the intense set to try but I also know I have a bunch of stuff under my sink that needs to be used. I may have to soop them up with some oils or something so they can benefit in some way. Right now I just need to get rid of what I have then do one product at a time, that way I know exactly what product is helping/harming my hair. I think the mango butter would be nice but it doesn't provide loads of moisture but probably is better at maintaining current moisture levels in hair,if that makes sense.... I don't know....

Bump... Just bought a big bottle of this. I think people may be sleeping on it. The ingredient list sold me!
After trying it I'm leaving ORS.

Bump... Just bought a big bottle of this. I think people may be sleeping on it. The ingredient list sold me!
After trying it I'm leaving ORS.

Did you get the new bottle by Strength of Nature or do you have the old (original formula) bottle?

I use this as a leave in most of the time. I picked up salon size bottles of this and the Creme Conditioning shampoo from my local BSS.

Did you get the new bottle by Strength of Nature or do you have the old (original formula) bottle?

Oh boy... please don't tell me I have an old formula that's discontinued. Mine has nothing with strength by nature on it. Or else I better stock up, I just switched to the stuff!

Back