EDUCATE ME!

clarity2008

Ok so I'm not sure on this one so ladies help me out here...

Is the brown protein gel bad??

I have heard mixed things about it. Its the ONLY thing that gets my edges looking decent. I follow up with a moisturizer so that it doesnt get hard or crunchy. Am I ok or should I exile the brown gel?

Wow, I have no idea. I knwo from personal experience that it was no good for my edges and I tossed it. Maybe someone has a good experience with it though. Don't know :perplexed

Heck no. That stuff never did anything for the health of my hair, I dont care how good it made my hair looked because after I was done with it I didnt have much hair to look at. I use "Jam" when my edges need to be smoothed down...honestly, I dont worry too much about how my edges look. As long as they're healthy. :ohwell:

Brown Gel?!?!?!

Well, Young Berg doesnt like females who need brown gel. Guess you're off his list.

I kid, I kid :lol:

Carried over from ET board :look:

I personally would stay away but as we all know just because it's bad (or good) for me doesn't mean you will have the same results. If you must use it, make sure you are conditioning very well.

I used it for years. Some of the worst hair days of my life. Granted, it looked good when it was slicked down but I could feel the effects of the damage when I flat ironed it. It is too much protein for me and has alcohol in it. I prefer to use the Fantasia IC gel with sparkalites for color treated hair. It gets the job done and is gentle.

a lot of ladies here use natural aloe very gel (you can find at walgreens) on wet hair with a scarf...that will also slick down edges. I think it works on dry hair too :yep:

yeah i picked up the fantasia ic gel off the recommendation of some ladies and i really like it. doesn't make your hair feel hard and gross. and its not as gummy.

Back