Votes: 15 18.5%
  • Kinky Curly Curling Custard.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • Other...(please list).

Votes: 8 9.9%

• Total voters

Ms.Christ3n

Which do you ladies prefer?

I used both but I still prefer Eco Styler because of the hold it gives me and the price.:grin:
I used IC Fantasia (pink) this morning and it made my hair very soft but did not prevent my hair from getting bigger throughout the day.

Maybe I should just mix them....:ohwell:

I havn't used eco styler before but I do like ic fantasia (the clear one with aloe) I'm gonna have to add the eco styler to products I must try

Fantastia was nice for me because my hair hated gels. No gel would do anything for me. If defined my texture but was sporadic. Ecostyler can define my hair much better. I also like to mix it with Long aid curl activtor gel. Long aind is moisturizing and eco styler has the hold. I don't wash n go often now though.

I have yet to rock a wash-n-go, but I helped my sister do hers with Eco Styler and it turned out really nice. She has the type of hair that will get BIG, but it didn't with the Eco.

IC Fantasia can't even slick my ponytail down, so I would never try it on a wash-n-go.

I love my eco styler gel with olive oil. I put Long aide gel activator under it and have the most soft moisturized hair!:yep: KCCC is nice, but not at their price. :grin:

Trader joe's nourish spa under Eco Olive Oil gel worked for me, but I did have to play with it alot to get the look I wanted. My hair is thin so gel is a bit too heavy for me. Or I used too much? I used jojoba oil to remove the "crunch".

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/first-successful-wa/

It has lasted since Monday night, by sleeping in a plastic cap under my bonnet. I have been pulling it into a ponytail since my manager was in town this week and I had a few work events. I wore it out today since I worked from home. I will take pictures before I wash it out.

I plan to wash out the eco in the next day or two & try HE Totally Twisted mousse.

ETA: pictures of 4 day old hair added. Styled using trader joe's nourish spa condish as a leave-in and eco olive oil gel. I have not added more product since Monday, just misted with water at night, added shower cap & bonnet, fluff out and let moist hair dry. If there is crunchiness, I rub jojoba oil through my hair. I pulled it into a pony for work but misting with water brought the curls back.
2010_04_094thdayhairfront-vi.jpg

2010_04_094thdayhairback-vi.jpg

Last edited:
When I have time to use gels for wash n go's ...it's Eco.. I tried fantasia and whenever I used it with a leave in under it..it got all funky and made my hair white... sooooooooo I threw that jar out and started with ECO..and haven't looked back sense..

I wonder if it's the products we use under IC Fantasia that makes it turn white. It doesn't seem like it does that for everyone.

I tried ecostyler gel...again yesterday and by the end of the day, I had white flakes in the back of my head...I have come to the conclusion that ecostyler is not the bizness for my head.

Btw, I voted other because I use (as of VERY recent) Mixed Chicks leave in conditioner...

I have in the HE Totally Twisted mousse right now, albeit not yet dry.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. It's definitely not making my hair flat like the gel. It has lots of movement, at least while still damp. I will need to stretch it out a bit once my hair is dry to get the look I want.

http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/herbal-essences-tot/

action shot - almost dry
IMG_1693-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I definitely like mousse better than gel. Using gel, my thin hair was weighed down and I had to manipulate it a lot to get some volume. It was also crunchy so I had to scrunch it with oil (jojoba). By day 3 and 4 it looked nice, but it took a couple of days.

Gel, day one
IMG_1662-vi.jpg

Gel, day 4 (slept in plastic cap & bonnet each night)
2010_04_094thdayhairfront-vi.jpg

My results with mousse, day one:
IMG_1705-vi.jpg

IMG_1707-vi.jpg

Now I need to stock up on HE TT mousse, and not for $5.43 (bought it at Duane Reade in Manhattan). Next time I will stop off at Walmart.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's the products we use under IC Fantasia that makes it turn white. It doesn't seem like it does that for everyone.

I think so, because when I use it alone, I don't ever have this problem. I use the IC (green) Olive styling gel nad it work wonders on my hair.

I do need to try this eco styler gel now after seeing all the great reviews of it. If it doesn't work for me, IC is still working out fine for me.

I was a faithful Fantasia user for 3 years until I found EcoStyler last summer. I like Ecostyler better. It gives me more hold and it makes my hair look shinier when pulled back. I also like that Ecostyler comes in large sizes.

Also, some of my leave ins didn't agree with those sparklites in the Fantasia gel. It didn't turn my whole head white but certain conditioners would cling to them and make little white clumps all through my hair. Don't have that problem with the Ecostyler. Fantasia worked well for me but I just had to make a mental note of what things it didn't like to be mixed with.

ETA: OP, I never tried the pink fantasia. I think that's the one for hard to hold hair right? I got the best results from the blue one. IDK why but it seemed heavier than the clear and the olive. Neither one of those gave me good hold. I would think the pink would be better but that could be why your hair got bigger as the day went on. Did you try the blue? That got the best reviews here on the board back when Fantasia was popular.

Naturalmanenyc - was your hair crunchy with the mousse?

Last edited:
I'm not a bandwagon person, or PJ but I did run out and buy the ecostyler and I HATED it. I prefer the IC fantasia brown gel, it gives great hold and shine without making my hair crunchy.

ETA: the clear gel did NOTHING for my hair.

I'm new to being natural (BC'd yesterday). My question is, what are you all using Fantasia or Eco for? How are you all using it? Is it making your hair hard? Every time I use Eco, I use it for hold, and it makes my hair hard...:perplexed

I'm new to being natural (BC'd yesterday). My question is, what are you all using Fantasia or Eco for? How are you all using it? Is it making your hair hard? Every time I use Eco, I use it for hold, and it makes my hair hard...:perplexed

A lot of naturals use it as a gel for wash and gos. For me, it keeps my hair looking like it does when it's wet. It doesn't fluff up and become frizzy if that makes sense. I also use it to set my braids outs/twist outs and for buns and ponytails.

If your hair is getting hard, you're probably using too much. Most people also use leave in conditioner or oil on the hair under the gel. That cuts down on the crunchiness too.

Hey UK ladies, do we have Ecostyler gel over here? I haven't seen it, or maybe I haven't looked hard enough?

Back