Eco Styler Is Toxic??

I hope this “no eco styler gel” movement really opens the eyes of most black women everywhere, so they can see just how much we, black women, drive the hair product market. What we say goes! & the eco styler company will adjust its products accordingly. We really gave that product the “come up”.
It really has become ubiquitous, I hear my students ask each other for some in the morning to fix their edges :lol: I’m floored when i hear it because it really did start out as a niche hair board thing.

I’m not going to stop using it, but if they have any sense, they’ll come out with a “natural” variation of the product that addresses these concerns.

It really has become ubiquitous, I hear my students ask each other for some in the morning to fix their edges :lol: I’m floored when i hear it because it really did start out as a niche hair board thing.

I’m not going to stop using it, but if they have any sense, they’ll come out with a “natural” variation of the product that addresses these concerns.

Naw girl, we was fixing our baby hairs in the '70s!

For myself I stopped using Eco styler gel over 5 years ago while I was transitioning to natural . I used the olive oil one and it dried my hair out something awful. My edges for my ponytails became see through. I tossed it out and never looked back, I have been tempted to try it again when the new brands come out, I refuse to use that gel ever again.

I never thought of it being toxic, just a product that did not work for my hair.
I didn't use this gel until was natural. In all the years I was relaxing my hair my edges were intact. Imagine my surprise when as a natural head this gel snatched my edges on both sides. Couldn't blame relaxers. Still struggling almost 8 years later- you know edges are a bear to regrow- its almost back to normal. I returned to relaxers about 2 years ago.

I love ecostyler and use it exclusively for my wash n go life. I experiment occasionally but always come back to eco because it does everything I need and expect it to do.
Flaxseed and flaxseed based gels do nothing for me in the way of hold and control and they flake tremendously! Eco gives me consistent results and plays well with my leave ins and moisturizers.

Back