Eco styler custard....

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I have done a search and I cant find it.

Can someone post the ORIGINAL recipe for eco styler custard.

There are so many variations floating out in internet land. I want the real one.

I'm pretty sure you take 16oz Eco and add 1/4 cup sheabutter or oil of choice and then whip it, whip it good (ode to Devo).

I didn't know there was an original. The way I understood it, the term Eco styler custard is when you mix ecostyler with some oil, conditioner, or whatever.

I used it but my twist outs don't turn out too good on my hair while transitioning.. I didn't get any flaking my natural hair looked great it was the relax part that didn't look too good.. I also used it for my ponytail styles and it worked great on my edges as well as help slick my hair down

I used it but my twist outs don't turn out too good on my hair while transitioning.. I didn't get any flaking my natural hair looked great it was the relax part that didn't look too good.. I also used it for my ponytail styles and it worked great on my edges as well as help slick my hair down

LadyMacgyver
Thank you for the review.

What were you measurements?

I am going to try it for my DD's natural hair this weekend and I am going to post a review.

Myjourney2009 I used the same recipe that LadyD gave...
1 cup ecostyler gel I think I used the argan oil one and the olive oil
1tbsp EVOO
1tbsp AVG

I think I used EVOO it was a while ago this time I think I might use Walnut Oil

I've never heard of this before but I've been using my ecostyler with only coconut oil over and under it and was thinking about just mixing it together.

I'm going to have to try this.

Does it matter which hold it is? I have the Eco Blue #5 and I love it. I gave away my olive oil one because I didn't like the strong hold.

Does it matter which hold it is? I have the Eco Blue #5 and I love it. I gave away my olive oil one because I didn't like the strong hold.

You know what I think you should use which one works best for you.. If that blue one works no need to switch that up.. I've always like the olive oil one b4 the argan oil one came out and I like the clear one also.. The picture on my avatar I used ecostyler custard on my hair to slick it back and tied it down with a scarf

You know what I think you should use which one works best for you.. If that blue one works no need to switch that up.. I've always like the olive oil one b4 the argan oil one came out and I like the clear one also.. The picture on my avatar I used ecostyler custard on my hair to slick it back and tied it down with a scarf

I was wondering if the lighter hold would work the same when I make up the custard. I guess it wont hurt to try - that stuff is cheap as dirt! :lol:

Myjourney2009 I am not sure how to tell which one is the orginal one but like you said its a lot of them on the internet.. I did see one on a blog and hers didn't have aloe vera gel she had little more oils and no tyoe of butters in hers.

Myjourney2009 I am not sure what the purpose of that is for.. I have read that AVG help with frizz mixed with oil unless that is the purpose of it.. To be honest that is the only thing I can think of..

Alright so I mixed up some last night. This is the recipe I used:

6 tablespoons argan oil ecostyler
3 tablespoons aloe vera gel
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
16-20 drops of sweet orange oil

I used it alone on dry stretched hair...between 12-18 twists all over. This morning when I took them down I had GREAT definition, but a bit crunchy. I will try again with a moisturizer underneath and a little less product next time but this is GOLD I love it for the definition it gives my twist out.

I have this in my hair now, thanks for the recipe!!

I used 1/4 cup eco clear
1/2 tablespoon AVG
1/2 tablespoon evoo
1/2 tablespoon grapeseed oil ( I don't have coconut oil)
1 squirt glycerin

I'll post pics when I do the twistout (in flat twists now).

Faux bob flat twist-out: Phone pics

2011-06-21105811.jpg

2011-06-21110014.jpg

I mixed up half a jar of this stuff. I love it!

I tried this and it was an utter fail.

So what I did was I added evco to my DD's hair and then the Eco gel #WIN!!!!!

it was hard at first but then the next day softness

don't think this exact one was posted before but here's something i grabbed from honeybee on bhm:

Eco Custard

1 cup EcoStyler gel (I used the Olive Oil version)
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil (I used flax oil)
1 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel
Mix thoroughly or whip with a fork. The resulting mixture will have the consistency of pudding or custard. Use to twist, braid or otherwise style hair for extra definition and light hold.

Back